• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Kaladin

I'm suddenly a Curtis Axel fan:

Bc3VUSNCAAEF0O6.jpg

https://twitter.com/RealCurtisAxel/status/418224885047914496/photo/1

Finally getting around to watching the best of Jim Breaks set I purchased a while back, I really like his submission, the imaginatively titled 'Jim Breaks Special';

i6oVbCI60VjcC.gif

That'd be a good submission for someone like Mark Henry to have.

Too quick and subtle for WWE.

Anth0ny

wait

cena vs. bray at mania?

how the fuck is that even an idea being thrown around? who on god's green earth wants to see that? at mania?

that would make no sense. it's way to early for him, and honestly, bray hasn't impressed me at all since his debut. even fucking roman reigns would be more deserving of that spot.

who is telling meltzer this shit lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
wait

cena vs. bray at mania?

how the fuck is that even an idea being thrown around? who on god's green earth wants to see that? at mania?

that would make no sense. it's way to early for him, and honestly, bray hasn't impressed me at all since his debut. even fucking roman reigns would be more deserving of that spot.

Here's what happens: D.Bry teams up with the Wyatt family. Whatever Bella D.Bry is with is like "omg [other bella] something is wrong with D.Bry!"... then they go to Cena and Cena's like "YO D.BRY I'MMA SAVE YOU FROM THE WYATT FAMILY!"

somedevil

wait

cena vs. bray at mania?

Basically Pwinsider said this:

Word going around WWE is that Cena vs. Wyatt was not something discussed recently. The idea of doing that match came up over a month ago with the idea that Wyatt could win the Royal Rumble and challenge Cena for the title at WrestleMania XXX. However, this storyline was mapped out before WWE made the decision to unify the titles at TLC, before they made Randy Orton champion and before the announcement of Batista's return.

There's now a feeling within WWE that Batista will win the Rumble and challenge whoever has the title at WrestleMania XXX. This doesn't mean that we won't see Wyatt vs. Cena down the line, but most likely not at WrestleMania XXX as WWE has other plans for Cena at the big event.

Also, Alvarez said that an idea of Bryan, Cena and Hogan vs the Wyatt family at WrestleMania. So right now its up in the air with all these moving parts.

Anth0ny

Here's what happens: D.Bry teams up with the Wyatt family. Whatever Bella D.Bry is with is like "omg [other bella] something is wrong with D.Bry!"... then they go to Cena and Cena's like "YO D.BRY I'MMA SAVE YOU FROM THE WYATT FAMILY!"

LOL jesus christ I can't believe I didn't make that connection.

now that makes sense. while bryan and rowan team and face los matadores on the youtube pre-show.

Also, Alvarez said that an idea of Bryan, Cena and Hogan vs the Wyatt family at WrestleMania. So right now its up in the air with all these moving parts.

ok thank god.

I think the Mania card is finally coming into shape, but there's still a lot of questions:

-HHH/Punk is happening, and it should be great.

-Orton/Batista seems like it's definitely going to happen, but I think that match can get over without the title being involved. Is it necessary for Batista to win the Rumble and for Orton to retain all the way until April? I think we'd start hearing "boring" chants for that program. Free up the title from that program, let someone else win the Rumble. But who gets the title then? And who wins the Rumble? It's tough.

-I still think Brock/Taker is happening, despite Raw this past week and Brock's apparent desire for the belt. Taker will interrupt his "chase", and that match is absolutely happening. Who else is there? They don't pull the trigger on Cena/Taker this year, do they?

-Speaking of Cena, where do you go with this guy? That Wyatt shit is ridiculous. Bryan/Cena for the title (Cena beats Orton at Rumble, Bryan wins Rumble) makes so much fucking sense, but we all know that is not happening, so where do you go with Cena at Mania when there is no Rock around?

-Shield will be broken up by Mania, right? Are all three guys on the card? Maybe keep Ambrose/Rollins as a team to face Goldust/Cody (which they CAN'T break up at this point to do the Cody/Goldust Mania match)? US/Intercontinental unification match (which adds some important to an otherwise forgettable matchup) Ambrose/Big E? What do you do with Reigns? As I mentioned before, giving Wyatt to Cena makes little sense, but if they're really behind this guy, maybe do Reigns/Cena? If they refuse to do Cena/Bryan, I don't see what a good alternative is for Cena, plus it gives their pet project a huge opportunity.

-Daniel Bryan? Youtube pre-show, right?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena would be boo'd out the building going against Bray..in Louisiana on top of that. That's where Bray lives or whatever.

None of this WM news is getting me excited. Most of those match ups sound terrible.

Just make it a one hour show of Brock vs. __________ with Punk + Booker T on commentary and send everyone else home.

Its no use trying to decipher Wrestlemania right now. Thia time last year we had no idea that the piece of shit Jack Swagger would be in a maine event angle. The E did not learn their lesson.

Verendus

Banned
I'm hoping Orton retains at the Royal Rumble, and Batista wins the Rumble match.

Elimination Chamber, we have Cena vs. Orton vs. CM Punk vs. Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Henry. Lesnar wins that and becomes champion.

That sets up Batista vs. Lesnar for the title at Wrestlemania.

Separate to that, we then move onto Cena vs. Undertaker as the other main event.

This is the biggest double main event WWE could hope to do, and this kind of chance comes rarely. Plus, it'll be great to see Taker beat Cena at Wrestlemania since that's what'll happen if they ever have a match.

It's Wrestlemania 30, we need some huge matches. There is no other double main event WWE could do that would even compare to that. The only possible bigger match is Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock or The Rock vs. Lesnar and those obviously aren't happening.

The undercard could have Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk vs. Triple H. Fatal four way elimination because that match could be amazing. Or if on the off chance Shawn Michaels comes out of retirement, then Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton vs. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan to determine the next number one contendor. Or we could have HBK vs. Bryan, CM Punk vs. Triple H and send Orton to curtain jerk somewhere. That's fine too.

Pavaloo

If Cena says that word for word with urgency, I support all of this 4000%

My guess is Batista wins the rumble and goes up against Brock who is champion at mania. Brock is nothing but a giant jobber. Plus Heyman was really trying to get the "beast" Brock Lesnar over on Monday

I agree with court hair that WWE should stagger all of the stars from yester year .

Stuffing everyone at mania chokes the whole card. Also prevents anyone from making a big splash at mania

DominoKid

this is perfect.

strobogo

Banned
I think Jumbo is better than Tenryu, but he definitely wasn't as glorious of a grumpy prick and didn't hit as hard.

jobber

I'm still under the belief that Cena/Brock would headline WM.

Brock seeking revenge for his loss vs. Cena's title

If you go back through the years, they're tied at 1-1 in pay per view matches.

It would be like their extreme rules build up but more sports orientated with press conferences, weigh ins, and piss interviews.

The buy rate for their match on a B-level ppv could be triple for Mania.

This of course, means that Cena or Brock would have to win the Rumble...but from Brock's promo about being the #1 contender leads me to believe whoever wins the Rumble might lose their shot at EC like Cena did in 08.

Bryan vs Brock at Mania for the title after Brock DOMINATES the Elimination Chamber and wins the title would be something interesting.

Make it a steel cage match, submission only, UNDER ROH PURE TITLE RULES.

DMczaf

I just hope Roman Reigns finally passes the torch to Cena at WM. He's been gaining momentum for what, 6 months? Geez. Learn when to share the spotlight, dude.

somedevil

Triple H hinted at an elimination chamber match of Bryan, Punk, Orton, Cena, Brock and Batista.

If that happened that match would be insane but if any of them win the rumble would they be in the elimination chamber match?

Aiii

So not worth it
Triple H hinted at an elimination chamber match of Bryan, Punk, Orton, Cena, Brock and Batista.

If that happened that match would be insane but if any of them win the rumble would they be in the elimination chamber match?

This is why it's retarded for WWE to have EC be a title match. With the title unification it should be clear what the Mania title match is right after the Rumble.

jobber

This is why it's retarded for WWE to have EC be a title match. With the title unification it should be clear what the Mania title match is right after the Rumble.

EC use to be for the other title shot at Mania. The Rumble winner didn't have to participate. The WWE/WHC title holder would have a 1 on 1 match on the same show.

Example: Cena using his Royal Rumble win to face Orton on the February ppv instead of Wrestlemania.

G-Fex

THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP

strobogo

Banned
I swear I had a tape when I was a kid that had territory stuff on it. Hogan and Andre doing an arm wrestling contest in the late 70s/early 80s, when Hogan still had the chest hair. I definitely remember a match with King vs at least Hawk where Hawk no sold the piledriver. I have no idea what it was called or where it came from. Might have picked it up at a garage sale or something, but I feel like it was a professional tape.

I think Jumbo is better than Tenryu, but he definitely wasn't as glorious of a grumpy prick and didn't hit as hard.

I'm with you on this - Jumbo has the greater body of work. He was consistently amazing from about '75 to '88 and is a very good case for best wrestler of the 80s, imo. Tenryu was amazing during the late 80's, but I think it's fair to say his match quality suffered initially when he quit All Japan, as he went from wrestling the likes of Jumbo and Taue to wrestling WWF guys in SWS. Sure, matches like Hogan & Tenryu vs The Road Warriors in 1990 drew big, but they were never going to win match of the year like the Jumbo vs Tenryu triple crown match from the previous year. I guess that's why he was such a frequent visitor to New Japan during his running of SWS and then WAR. NJPW is probably where he had the majority of his top matches of the 90's. Honestly, 2000's Tenryu might just be my favourite. Nowhere near as agile as late 80's Tenryu, but just about the best grumpy old shit-kicking bastard in the business.

ibrgczCiBj8KqD.gif
ijLY7E0vsEcxP.gif

Joeki11a

Banned

Hogan old dusty ass might as well go all out and face Undertaker

So guys, does anyone here actually keep a tally on how many matches they watch a year, I'd love to see who watches the most by 1/1/15, already doing it on another forum so might as well ask here as well

These WM match-ups sound like they came out of a random select generator, with the Legends unlocked. I'm sure to be on the lookout for those Smackdown 2001 animations

--

image.php

the best part of real pic january

Nocturnowl, who's actually a hyper-intelligent articulate british Owl not unlike the one from Winnie the Pooh, wears his real face 365 days a year.

Top Bottom