• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us all remember our retired brother Lambda Pie. For all that you were, all that you are, and all that you ever will be, you're still our friend, friend

tumblr_m6z74wuuFN1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

and for sblargh, fuck it you're my friend

I just want to take a moment and shoot from the heart as this year ends. This might get a little TLDR so please don't be a poophead and get me banned again.

I remember listening to a LP'er on youtube talk about a place called "GAF". I went to check it out but never had the means to sign up, but I eventually did and here I am. During this year or so of lurking, I discovered WrestleGAF. I would check up on the forum daily and tune in every Monday, I grew some sorta odd ass one-sided friendship with ya'll that I'm happy to hopefully have made go both ways. Due to mental health issues I wont delve into, I've kinda become somewhat of a shut-in in my life and it's resulted in me pushing away and losing many good friends. But I'm working hard on getting back on my feet and becoming a man that I can be proud of. What does that have to do with anything? I've never really been apart of a community before GAF, you guys have become pretty much some of the only people I communicate with on a daily basis and help keep me sane and I'd like to thank all.. most... some... okay, probably just Sibersk I guess
a lot of you
for helping me feel welcomed here.

I know some of you shoot butt heads from time to time, and I hope that we can all work past some of our problems with one another and keep this a welcoming place for all who come here. I just want to let all of you know if anyone EVER has a problem or is in need of an opinion on something or some advice or just an ear or shoulder, my inbox is always open to you. I'm cool with exchanging skypes and shit. It's a New Year so let's make the best of it and put 2014 to shame, alright?

tumblr_nhe2c56VJ11tt2jjyo7_250.gif

I just spoke from the heart and I decided to write this on a whim, so if I doesn't make sense, then whatever. Happy New Year!

Glad to have you here friend

XenoRaven

Is this your first OT Cure? You did a good job. And the Miz isn't as bad as eveyrone says he is. Happy New Year.

Eva Marie still sucks though I don't know wtf is wrong with you

XenoRaven

My favorite part about this OT is that it actually went up during the month of January, unlike previous OTs where people like to jump the gun.

XenoRaven

Sorry Sokantish, I thought that because of your Raiders looking avatar that you were a west coast person. Mid westerners are ok by me.

Stro the difference is that I never know when you're drunk posting or sober posting. Entropia was fun because there was a clear difference. There's also a clear difference when I drunk post because I'm actually posting instead of lurking.

strobogo

Banned
Well when I drunk post, I still have fucking spell check so I don't post things like "OMWhg guis im fuuuken swatested man fuuuuuck".

strobogo

Banned
Mike Tenay is one of the most unlikable cunts in wrestling history. As annoying as shit he was in WCW, he somehow managed to get more annoying every year of TNA's existence. And this is after going leveling up his cunt meter a solid 4000% at the start of TNA.

Mike Tenay is one of the most unlikable cunts in wrestling history. As annoying as shit he was in WCW, he somehow managed to get more annoying every year of TNA's existence. And this is after going leveling up his cunt meter a solid 4000% at the start of TNA.

Well atleast he won't be commentator when TNA comes back. Unfortunately Taz will still be there.

strobogo

Banned
It's the only Russian word I know.

Let me teach you a few other ones:

Da (Yes)
Nyet (No)
Spasiba/o (Thank You)

Those 4 are the only words I remember from my student teacher in 4th grade who lived in Russia for a few years. I used to know how to write my name in Russian as well.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo > Rosetta stone

For real though.

I used to know all the standard tourist phrases (Where is the bathroom, where is food, my name is, etcetera kind of shit) but that was a long time ago. 1997 or 1998. I don't even remember the student teacher's name.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When you look into the Strobogo's eyes, the last thing you'll see is complete and utter...RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I used to know all the standard tourist phrases (Where is the bathroom, where is food, my name is, etcetera kind of shit) but that was a long time ago. 1997 or 1998. I don't even remember the student teacher's name.
Nice, they taught spanish in my school, but despite being hispanic I never took to it outside the basics and even when I've tried to force myself to learn it I can't seem to keep at it for long. Even then I always find myself trying again and again.

strobogo

Banned
Nice, they taught spanish in my school, but despite being hispanic I never took to it outside the basics and even when I've tried to force myself to learn it I can't seem to keep at it for long. Even then I always find myself trying again and again.

In middle school, we had to take 6 weeks of German, French, and Spanish. I remember nothing at all about German and one phrase in French. I've learned more Spanish from culture assimilation and Mexican restaurants than I did in the class. Spanish and Italian are the easiest to figure out since so many of the root words are the same in English. I used to read the back of Spanish speaking DVD releases that would show up in Walmart bargain bins just to see if I could figure out the general idea of what the movie was about. German SHOULD be even easier to figure out considering how much English takes from it, but German is a bizarre and ugly language that often makes no sense. It seems like it has so many 15+ letter words for something that would be 1 or 2 syllable words in every other language.

It's still 2014 for me. Trying to get that last push greater than Seth's..

Even though the cold weather is trying to bury me

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In middle school, we had to take 6 weeks of German, French, and Spanish. I remember nothing at all about German and one phrase in French. I've learned more Spanish from culture assimilation and Mexican restaurants than I did in the class. Spanish and Italian are the easiest to figure out since so many of the root words are the same in English. I used to read the back of Spanish speaking DVD releases that would show up in Walmart bargain bins just to see if I could figure out the general idea of what the movie was about. German SHOULD be even easier to figure out considering how much English takes from it, but German is a bizarre and ugly language that often makes no sense. It seems like it has so many 15+ letter words for something that would be 1 or 2 syllable words in every other language.
I hear you. I tried taking up german a couple times, didn't get very far.

I hear you. I tried taking up german a couple times, didn't get very far.

Don't feel bad. I took German for two years in high school and four semesters (with labs) in college. And my conversational German is still pretty damn terrible.

Happy New Year, everyone, including all you fucking marks. And in the interest of keeping proper tradition and custom going, let me just say the OP really sucks this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom