• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan daily sales 07/09 - 13/09

If anything the DS, GBA and GC combo has done what the GC and GBA should of done, had the GC sold to its potential.
Its kept a nice flow of money coming in, for relatively low expense.

drumlord

jamesinclair said:
It means that info will be found in this thread when the day comes, this is for daily, and not weekly sales.

Thanks for the info. Now I know, [insert 80's cultural reference here]

Thomper

Plus the GBA and GBA SP show up seperately in the Japan charts anyway, so the GB Micro will be seperate aswell, pretty sure of that.

Thomper

Seriously though, these Brain Training games. It's been said 10.000 times before, but every time I see those games on top of the charts, I'm amazed. They're at the top every single day of the week, except for thursday, when new releases appear, when they go down to a still brilliant sixth place or something. Seriously though, it's got biggger legs than any other game I've seen before.

DSXBoy

CoolTrick said:
September 10th:

1 NDS Otona no DS Training Nintendo
2 NDS Yawaraka Atama Juku Nintendo
3 NDS JUMP SUPER STARS Nintendo
4 PS2 Fighting for One Piece Bandai
5 GBA Beatle Mushi King Sega
6 PS2 Tales of Legendia Namco
7 PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 Konami
8 PS2 Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Square Enix
9 PS2 Gundam Generations Seed Destiny C.E. Bandai
10 GC Super Mario Miracle Baseball Nintendo
11 GC Pokemon XD Nintendo
12 PS2 ファイナルファンタジー X (アルティメット ヒッツ) スクウェア * エニックス
13 PS2 Naruto Bandai
14 PS2 SIMPLE 2000 series Vol.81 D3 Publishing
15 PSP Bleach 2 SCE
16 GBA Selfishness * with fair Lee ミルモ ポン! Throbbing memorial panic コナミ AVG
17 PS2 Kingdom Hearts (Remix Edition) Square Enix
18 NDS Nintendogs Shiba and Friends Nintendo
19 NDS Sawaru Made in Wario Nintendo
20 NDS Nintendogs Chihuahua and Friends Nintendo

September 11th:

1 NDS Otona no DS Training Nintendo
2 NDS Yawaraka Atama Juku Nintendo
3 NDS JUMP SUPER STARS Nintendo
4 PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 Konami
5 PS2 Fighting for One Piece Bandai
6 PS2 Tales of Legendia Namco
7 GBA Beatle Mushi King Sega
8 PS2 Gundam Generations Seed Destiny C.E. Bandai
9 PSP BLEACH 2 SCE
10 PS2 Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Square Enix
11 GC Super Mario Miracle Baseball Nintendo
12 GC Pokemon XD Nintendo
13 GBA Selfishness * with fair Lee ミルモ ポン! Throbbing memorial panic コナミ AVG
14 PS2 Naruto Bandai
15 NDS Nintendogs Shiba and Friends Nintendo
16 PS2 ファイナルファンタジー X (アルティメット ヒッツ) スクウェア * エニックス
17 PS2 SIMPLE 2000 series Vol.81 D3 Publishing
18 NDS Nintendogs Dachs and Friends Nintendo
19 PS2 Kingdom Hearts (Remix Edition) Square Enix
20 PS2 Winning Post 7 Koei

Why are these brain training games so popular in Japan? Nice to see nintendogs still in the top 20. Another week where the DS dominates hardware sales. Next week will be interesting with the realease of GBA micro tomorrow and white PSP on Thursday.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
DSXBoy said:
Why are these brain training games so popular in Japan? Nice to see nintendogs still in the top 20. Another week where the DS dominates hardware sales. Next week will be interesting with the realease of GBA micro tomorrow and white PSP on Thursday.

Brain Training is popular because it's cheap, and non-gamers buy it.

To show off my newfound knowledge of katakana:

16 PS2 ファイナルファンタジー X (アルティメット ヒッツ) スクウェア * エニックス
=
16 PS2 Final Fantasy X (Ultimate Hits) Square-Enix

argon

DSXBoy said:

I heard students are buying Brain Training to increase their performance in exit exams, so I imagine it could be one of those perenially popular titles.

Vieo

Hmm.. maybe someone should consider releasing a DS version Calculator, Encyclopedia, Dictionary w/ spell checker, and Language Translator in Japan.

Isn't PSP getting a Brain Training game(or non-game if you will)?

polg

Vieo said:
Hmm.. maybe someone should consider releasing a DS version Calculator, Encyclopedia, Dictionary w/ spell checker, and Language Translator in Japan.

Isn't PSP getting a Brain Training game(or non-game if you will)?

Touch DIC?

antipode

The big reason the Brain Training games are popular because they license a popular pop psychology figure in Japan, Dr. Shichida. He developed a teaching method 40 years ago, that attributes the right hemisphere of the brain to a whole bunch of stuff, like mathematics, language, speed reading and creativity. The main point of his teaching method is giving kids quick flash-card type questions over and over again, instead of more in-depth problems; he thinks that when you see an image or make an association quickly it activates the right hemisphere and you learn it better somehow (he also teaches that you should whisper goals into your kids' ears while they are sleeping so they pick them up "subconsciously.") He mostly works with toddlers and preschoolers but he believes his method has implications for adults and society as well.

America has pop psyhcology moments like this as well, stuff like Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" or Dr. Phil, though I'm not sure how more or less popular Dr. Shichida is than those folks. The Shichida method is a more specific type of pseudoscience, though, with more specific claims; I'll be disappointed if Americans start buying large amounts of his stuff too, with the requisite infomercials.

Top Bottom