• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan - New Xbox Bundle

xboxplatinum3.jpg

- Xbox
- Xbox DVD Playback Kit
- Xbox Live
- Blinx 2: Battle of Time & Space
- Top Spin
- Halo
- Project Gotham Racing 2

19,000 Yen (Euro 140 / USD 172)

I think the PS2 core system already sells for more than this bundle.

SyNapSe

lol. WOW..

I was trying to think of something else to say, but I can't. I guess that sums it up apparently.

rastex

Banned
novery said:
Why not just give the console away for free? (I'm not joking.)

Because then they'd have to face the embarassment of STILL "selling" <500 units per week giving it away for free.

That's a pretty sweet deal! I have been holding off on getting the Xbox here mainly because it isn't particularly well supported but I have wanted to play PGR2 for ages now.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
That's like giving away 50% of the games the stores actually carry though.

PS2 KID

At this point shrinking the XBOX would have more of a sales effect in Japan than this bundle. They could probably bundle more but it would be like saying, "Buy games get big ugly box to play it on".

err.. or what norinrad just said.

novery

rastex said:
Because then they'd have to face the embarassment of STILL "selling" <500 units per week giving it away for free.

Why not have some crazy promotion at TGS offering attendees an easy chance to score a free Xbox? At some Xbox events in Japan, if attendees simply play an Xbox game and get a card stamped by one of the booth girls at the game kiosks, they can enter a drawing to win a free Xbox. At those events, I bet one out of every 30 people win free consoles.

But why not have 1 out of every 5 TGS attendee win an Xbox just for visiting the Microsoft booth? These are the most hardcore gamers in Japan. I think it would be an effective (although mildly expensive) way to get the word out about the console.

That's my crackpot theory.

-rp

novery said:
Why not have some crazy promotion at TGS offering attendees an easy chance to score a free Xbox? At some Xbox events in Japan, if attendees simply play an Xbox game and get a card stamped by one of the booth girls at the game kiosks, they can enter a drawing to win a free Xbox. At those events, I bet one out of every 30 people win free consoles.

But why not have 1 out of every 5 TGS attendee win an Xbox just for visiting the Microsoft booth? These are the most hardcore gamers in Japan. I think it would be an effective (although mildly expensive) way to get the word out about the console.

That's my crackpot theory.

-rp

Why not drop them from airplanes??? Or why not sell them door-to-door. Or build a new Tokyo where rooms are 10 times as large, with oversized furniture so the Xbox looks tiny?

novery

sonycowboy said:
Why not drop them from airplanes??? Or why not sell them door-to-door. Or build a new Tokyo where rooms are 10 times as large, with oversized furniture so the Xbox looks tiny?

I can't decide which is more crazy, my idea or yours.

Top Bottom