• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese first day sales - Dec 23rd (DQ+FF Street Special, Kessen 3, NSFU2)

u_neek

1. Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special (PS2, Square Enix)
123.000 St. [54 %]

2. Kessen 3 (PS2, Koei)
46.000 St. [41 %]

3. Konjiki no Gashbell!! Unare Yuujou no Dengeki 2 (GBA, Banpresto)
38.000 St. [27 %]

4. Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2, EA)
18.000 St. [39 %]

5. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3 (PS2, Koei)
10.000 St. [48 %]

6. Dynamite!! Premium Fighting 2004 (PS2, D3)
9.000 St. [33 %]

7. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3 (Premium Box) (PS2, Koei)
5.800 St. [81 %]

8. Bakumatsu Koihana: Shinsengumi (PS2, D3)
4.800 St. [52 %]

9. Lord of the Rings: Uchitsu Kuni Daisanki (PS2, EA)
3.900 St. [21 %]

10. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (PS2, Interplay)
(Sales numbers not confirmed)

xx. Biohazard Double Feature (GC, Capcom)
2.300 [35 %]

+ Merry X-maz from FFXII and SquenixXx (and me :))

ff12-x800.jpg

Odnetnin

Banned
Oh god. THat Itagaki street thing is selling so well. There is no justice.

MeRRY XMAS!

:( double feature bomb bomb

*ps cool pic. Need highrez for wallpaper :)

Odnetnin

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
What exactly is so bad about Itadaki Street selling well?

nothing besides the fact that it is derivative; and made only to sell. And it has ugly superdeformed ff characters. Plus it will never see stateside release.

(jeez.. didn't take long to belong un-juniored did I.. cough cough Amirox.. member status wank wank)

Brofist

Odnetnin said:
nothing besides the fact that it is derivative; and made only to sell. And it has ugly superdeformed ff characters. Plus it will never see stateside release.

You've played it?

And if it already sucks in your mind why do you sound bitter it'll never make it out of Japan?

Odnetnin

Banned
kpop100 said:
You've played it?

And if it already sucks in your mind why do you sound bitter it'll never make it out of Japan?

sorry for the hating but I balked when I saw the screens - oh well, all the more power to the japanese gamers if they buy a game solely on the back of mascot characters - how did this game review?

thanks u_neek :)

Well Itadaki Street isn't a new series, the series has been around since the NES days. So it has a long line of fans.

As for its Famitsu score, it got a 32.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Odnetnin said:
sorry for the hating but I balked when I saw the screens - oh well, all the more power to the japanese gamers if they buy a game solely on the back of mascot characters - how did this game review?

Famitsu:

"When I saw this game I said 'OH!' It is FF and DQ characters together in one game!!! How can this be? There are many surprises! It's fun to roll the dice! 9/10"

Brofist

Odnetnin said:

thanks u_neek :)

I've played it, the DQ and FF themes are what make the game fun. The different stages, such as the FFVII board are all done nicely with the music and everything. Really made me want to play through FFVII again hehe.

It's obvious from the get go this is going to sell to fans of those two series, but after playing it I can say the game itself isn't just an effort to milk the characters. It's a pretty decent take on a Monopoly type game made more fun by that stuff.

Amir0x

Banned
Odnetnin said:
(jeez.. didn't take long to belong un-juniored did I.. cough cough Amirox.. member status wank wank)

Maybe in the future you won't post dumb things like you did in the RE4 thread so your status doesn't get wanked in front of you. Congrats on the upgrade :)

Odnetnin

Banned
Amir0x said:
Maybe in the future you won't post dumb things like you did in the RE4 thread so your status doesn't get wanked in front of you. Congrats on the upgrade :)

i don't see anything great to the upgrade. no thanks

Amir0x

Banned
Odnetnin said:
i don't see anything great to the upgrade. no thanks

Well, at least now you won't be immediately associated with junior members who have made some awful threads these past few weeks. But, hey, you can always just end up as a stupid regular member if you'd like - join the ranks of seismologist or something :D I'll still call you out if you say something dumb again, though. And I'll say it in the same "psuedo-argumentative" fashion too!

Odnetnin

Banned
Amir0x said:
Well, at least now you won't be immediately associated with junior members who have made some awful threads these past few weeks. But, hey, you can always just end up as a stupid regular member if you'd like - join the ranks of seismologist or something :D I'll still call you out if you say something dumb again, though. And I'll say it in the same "psuedo-argumentative" fashion too!

again no thanks. Let leave it at that.

Amir0x

Banned
Odnetnin said:
again no thanks. Let leave it at that.

Righteous. At least you were taught the spirit of Christmas with FFXII wallpapers and what the definition of "baseless" really is!`

Stop derailing the thread you fucking post count whores. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous.

Note that the last time I mentioned it, mere days ago, Amir0x had 500 fewer posts than he does today. When it gets to this point it should really become a bannable offense.

Amir0x

Banned
bobbyconover said:
Stop derailing the thread you fucking post count whores. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous.

Note that the last time I mentioned it, mere days ago, Amir0x had 500 fewer posts than he does today. When it gets to this point it should really become a bannable offense.

I'm sorry, a post count whore is someone who posts simply for the sake of posting. I think all my many, many debates and long essays prove the opposite for me. Whether you agree with me or disagree with me, the reason I am able to post so much is because I type fast and spend a lot of time on this forum during my "internet" section of my daily activities.

I have 5000 posts at another forum too. I post when I am interested in something and there is no shame in it. It seems to me you're just irritated because you don't like what I have to say. No problem with me, but if you have an issue with that just PM me and we'll discuss it.

Odnetnin

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
Famitsu:

"When I saw this game I said 'OH!' It is FF and DQ characters together in one game!!! How can this be? There are many surprises! It's fun to roll the dice! 9/10"

I missed this. Got a chuckle out of me :lol Is that what the famitsu reviewer wrote? How absurdistly funny. Are there mini games or is it just a standard board game?

Merry Xmas. yo.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
shoplifter said:
formally requesting Kessen 3 impressions.

It became dynasty warriors meets kessen.

Instead of just watching battles after the strategy part, you actually play them. you control a squad and run the mission. they also give you special skills like "general attacK?" which is basically control the general and dynasty warriors it up. There are defensive and offensive special skills and all that. I only watched my girlfriend play it last night so i dont know much else (i suck at reading teh kanji). But yeah, it looks really fun.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Drinky Crow said:
They can stick fuckin' YUNA in the game TWICE but no TORNEKO??? BLASPHEMY

The nameless schmuck from DQ7 is there if that makes you feel better. (It won't.)
But where is his lizard?
And why does he have a lizard in the manual and such?

The character design of DQ is way better than the Final Fantasy games, remember how horrible are the Tidus and Cloud desings

Drinky Crow said:
They can stick fuckin' YUNA in the game TWICE but no TORNEKO??? BLASPHEMY

Torneko is in dude, he is just one of the extra characters to be unlocked ;).

Complete list (spoiler)

Characters

1 Slime (DQ)
2 Dragon King (DQ)
3 Prinz von Lauresia (DQ2)
4 Prinz von Sumaltria (DQ2)
5 Prinzessin von Moonburg (DQ2)
6 Kandata/Kandar (DQ3)
7 Ryan und Hoimin/Healie (DQ4)
8 Alena (DQ4)
9 Clift/Cristo (DQ4(
10 DQ5-Protagonist (DQ5)
11 Bianca (DQ5)
12 Flora (DQ5)
13 DQ6-Protagonist (DQ6)
14 Terry (DQ Monsters)
15 DQ7-Protagonist (DQ7)
16 Yangus (DQ8)
17 Jessica (DQ8)
18 Kukule (DQ8)
19 Chocobo (FF2)
20 Mogli/Moogle (FF3)
21 Cloud (FF7)
22 Aeris (FF7)
23 Tifa (FF7)
24 Sephiroth (FF7)
25 Squall (FF8)
26 Rinoa (FF8)
27 Vivi (FF9)
28 Tidus (FF10)
29 Auron (FF10)
30 Yuna (FF10)
31 Yuna (FF10-2)
32 Rikku (FF10-2)
33 Paine (FF10-2)
34 Tarutaru (FF11)
35 Vaan (FF12)
36 Ashe (FF12)

Unlockables:

EX1 Mini Demon (DQ3)
EX2 Torneko (DQ4)
EX3 King Slime (DQ4)
EX4 Fat Chocobo (FF3)
EX5 Sabotender/Kaktor (FF8)
EX6 Eiko (FF9)
EX7 Mandragora (FF11)
EX8 DQ1 Hero (DQ1)
EX9 yôgan majin/Lava Basher (DQ3)
EX10 tamanegi kenshi/Onion Knight (FF3)
EX11 Odin (FF3)
EX12 Gilgamesh (FF5)

souce: Squarenet.de

Oh good,
I'm glad there FFIX and FFXI unlockables though I don't really like the choices. Mithra or a Gobbie > Mandragora, and Kuja >>>>>>>>> Eiko.
But I definitely feel the pain for the rest of you guys with this huge lacking of pre-PSX FF stuff. Perhaps people will actually buy the remakes and make Square remember that people like them. :/

Top Bottom