• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jay Z's TIDAL hits 1 mil subscribers, celebrating w/ charity concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Jay Z tweeted they hit a million subscribers so they are doing a concert at the Barclay center called TIDAL X 1020. Will be live streamed for both subscribers and non-subscribers. All proceeds to charity-

oop
ZzYAZ2S.png

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/30/tidal-x-1020-concert
TIDAL continues to build on its massive first year in business. The streaming service announced TIDAL X: 1020 on Wednesday, a blockbuster concert that will include Beyoncé, Jay Z, Prince, Usher, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, T.I., and many other performers. Proceeds from the show, scheduled for Oct. 20 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, will go to charity.

The concert’s bill also features Damian Marley, Alessia Cara, Benjamin Booker, Jidenna, Hit-Boy, Flatbush Zombies, Indochine, Fabulous, Thomas Rhett, DJ Cipha Sounds, DJ Reflex, Bas, Justine Sky, and Raury. For those not in New York or unable to score a ticket, TIDAL will livestream the events on its website for subscribers and non-subscribers alike, and will offer an interface for remote viewers to donate to the charitable cause, which TIDAL outlines as benefitting “nonprofit organizations dedicated to advancing positive community relations and effecting systemic change for the development and sustainability of just societies.”
Oh?
TIDAL X: 1020 is just the latest in recent major events for the streaming service, which recently ... livestreamed the Pope’s visit to Philadelphia.

EDIT:

sub-promo.7446e86b.jpg

Waikis

Good for them.
I've been using it for the past few months and the sound quality has been fantastic.

Eos

Congrats to hov
That b side concert he did a couple of months to promote tidal was dope

FZZ

Banned
Hope it does better. Even though the initial marketing scheme was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. More competition is always good.

DOWN

Banned
For reference: Spotify has 75 million users (with 20 million paid).

The real trick will be what happens when the new iPhone users and ending Apple Music trials settle out and we hear Apple Music numbers.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
1.3 % of Spotify's user base, slay I guess.

Tidal, truly the Azealia Banks of music apps 😂😂😂

213372bu

Banned
I'm guessing the one million subscribers are not con-current and this is just a marketing ploy to get people to jump in before it's too late.

Infinite

This is at the Barclays? Fucking saw military at the Atlantic mall terminal today. I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

nel e nel

Oh snap! I saw Jay getting out of his car going into BAM tonight on my way home from work, guess that's what that was all about.

This is starting to get annoying, the way the keep cutting the music. The explosion sound and the "m-m-m-mayback music" is getting obnoxious.

SliChillax

I registered for a free trial a year ago but didn't like the service so I just uninstalled it. Little did I know that once the free trial was finished, they automatically made me a premium subscriber without any notice. Today I randomly checked my transactions and to my surprise I see 20 dollar payments to Tidal. Seems I have been paying 20 dollars a month for over a year without realising it so I guess I'm also one of their subscribers... until 2 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom