• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Staten was fired from 343i did not leave on is own…

Don't you mean, they have no right not to fire everyone? The studio is fucked. They need to let everyone go and move Halo over to The Coalition.

Joe was probably fired because he was straight white male and/or not woke enough.
It’s sad to say but you are propably correct. It seems every dev has been infected with weirdos and people like Staten are a minority anymore. Modern gaming is becoming more ridiculous by the day and it seems the shitshow never ends over at MS either. Best of luck to Staten and yes, the Halo magic of old has been dead for a while now.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
343 is a game studio created from scratch around the franchise made by whole another team and culture, then forced to follow the franchise no matter what was never a good idea to begin with. So 343i mess is a bit of a self-fulfilling phophecy.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

good look next time my boy

images

Someone want to summarize, am at work and can't watch a video.

That being said, how is 343 making worse games? Is the single player worse, multiplayer?

Owning mcc on windows and pc, playing a bit of Halo1 and ODST , I am not getting the love for this game. And that is Bungie's Halo, not even 343.

Is it a multiplayer thing. I am coming from strictly a single player
direction. The game series seems so corny. Back in ps3 gen people raved about it yet i could never see it. I compared halo to Resistance, Killzone, Fear, Crysis, It just seemed like the Saturday morning cartoon of video games to me.

Was it some nostalgia thing of being a kid when the first few came out?
If so maybe I could understand, I never owned a xbox til recently (was doing pc/ps1-3 at the time).

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So as far as I can tell he thought he was going to stay on with the 343i after he got Infinite to completion but MS moved him back to the department he originally came from. He later got employment at Netflix and left MS. People are getting real creative with what fired means.

Last edited:

Bry0

I’m sure this was thoroughly researched and all the twitter halo weirdos are definitely rock solid reliable sources with many contacts inside Microsoft. They would never make up weird trash due to their parasocial relationships with the halo brand. Absolutely

Codes 208

This is false. Mintblitz took this info from a tweet from hailey falsely accusing 343.

Joe came on, knowing that it was temporary, to help fix halo infinit after all the scheduling fumbling.

Even unyshek responded saying it was bullshit

Theres many reasons to hate 343 right now but this is actually not one of them

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This is false. Mintblitz took this info from a tweet from hailey falsely accusing 343.

Joe came on, knowing that it was temporary, to help fix halo infinit after all the scheduling fumbling.

Even unyshek responded saying it was bullshit

Theres many reasons to hate 343 right now but this is actually not one of them
Does not matter. People believe what they want to believe. Validity of the video is not part of the discussion.

Durin

Still boggles the mind why this studio that has released sub-standard crap every time on an IP they didn't even create still continues to exist, but Tango had to shutdown after releasing something people actually liked.

Top Bottom