• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Astarte

hi guys, the London event did not have a great turnout, many people bailed out at the last minute...
Nevertheless we were able to record some FT5. I will warn you the level is really low for various reasons (I have been playing Guilty Gear +R for the last 2 weeks and was still playing it overnight and did not sleep, that's my excuse for being crappy lol), the record setup was lagy (My match against Supa when I was using Mista, I could not perform a single loop yet could do it consistently on a different setup just before the match on a Jotaro dummy, Supa and me had a quick talk about it and I changed character because it was pointless to keep trying, same reason NeoKage was dropping the juggles with Jonathan, he could do them on a different setup).
The main point was to show the game and as many different characters as possible with some explanation for people to understand.
The good news is all the names except Polnareff (eiffel FFS)are the same as the Jap (DLC not included)
The game is not the final version, that's why only versus and no Jojolion, Namco is still working on the localisation (it isn't completed yet) but it is the currant built.
Because we were able to play the EU right after the JP I can say that the game feels smoother, less slow down.
The videos are ok but do not expect high level play (only with Jolyn when I got destroyed, I knew how good she was but man she is a pain in the back side to deal with)
If you got any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.
I am going bed now, I have been up since saturday morning.

http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175641#p175641

Okay so, according to this the name changes will be hilarious and the gameplay will be hella smoother.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait wait wait.

Of ALL the names to get changed, Polnareff was one of them? But...Capcom had no trouble keeping that in their version, including the HD port.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Know your next line? That's the one!"

So wait, Feral Cat is the replacement name?....okay then. & it seems that the Japanese audio is indeed untouched, because I saw Kira do his GHA & he clearly said "KILLER QUEEN", despite the subtitle saying Deadly Queen. How strange the legal issues were easily bypassed by just the subtitles & not the audio itself.

Also, Enrico Pucci is now "Father Pucci". & Golden Experience is now "Golden Wind".

tumblr_inline_n2lsi6Y7gu1r5cl0c.jpg

Please ban Namco from ever making a video game ever again

Stone Free = Stone Ocean

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, it was posted in the Jojo Community thread just recently, so it's new to this one.

Part of me wants to know how Araki came to some of those name changes, considering he's partly involved. Oh well, at least the JPN audio is left untouched, so he still says it.

& another part makes me wonder what if the Part 5 name changes were used for that PS2 Capcom game they wanted to localized but couldn't since Araki wouldn't let them change the names after what happened with the PS1/DC fighter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To cross-post a quote from the Jojo OT thread:

Apparently, by "Ultra limited" they actually mean "Only 1 that will be sold at an ebay auction (for charity)"

So I guess no LEs for anyone outside of Japan.

Edit: & www.fight-with-style.com is now up....& it confirms "Eiffel Jean Pierre". Though I'm looking at the pre-order page & it CLEARLY shows the JPN boxart with the PEGI rating and English logo, but choosing French shows a retailer with the new box art. Which one are we getting? Is the box art going to be reversible?

Rasen

Banned
Man, I still need to figure out which of the two Dios I want to play as.

Brando looks like an interesting, easy-to-get-into character, but DIO looks like he can do some really interesting stuff too.

Anyone here with Dio experience that could help my decision making process? XD

jgminto

Demo seemed fine. I didn't really notice any differences in how it played compared to the original version. I'm not a fan of the text style but it's not a big deal.

The demo was a little larger than I anticipated, but I am happy I finally got to try the game out. Fun stuff, about what I expected it to be. I do like how the demo gives you a playable character of 3 different types to get a general feel of things. Is there a way to ground tech easily? I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing with that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nothing new on DLC yet, aside from the fact that Vanilla Ice is now "Cool Ice"...so the music reference was changed to a movie reference based on the original name's music reference.

Gonna pre-order this tomorrow when I get another $5 Amazon credit. Still a bit bummed it's not Kira instead, but oh well, I was planning on possibly get all the DLC characters anyways (assuming the price is cheap).

Young Joseph is pretty nuts damage wise. :O Shame his hard hitting combos are so hard to do.

If this game was at 60FPS everything would be so much easier. :(

Played the demo.

Man this game has tons of style, the fanservice seems great. But man, the action fighting... Wasn't any fun at all, played a bunch of arcade matches to see all the moves, but actually playing it wasn't that great. Not having a VS mode in the demo didn't help either.

I'll probably get it eventually, just cuz it's jojo, but man I am disappointed.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My first impression of the Demo was pretty flat, playwise, as well. Limited specials, awkward pokes, Movesets that seemed like they'd be kind of overly-samey between characters...

... Videos weren't helping too much either. The Cancels shown in the official videos via BamcoNandai looked pretty cool, but those fights online from 7 months ago and such... no strategy, no speed, no mindgames, just sloppy looking attacks that led into the same combos until full meter, then some actual damage!

Then I saw gameplay like the fights on This Youtube Channel. Look! People actually play this like an honest to goodness fighting game! The characters look more and more unique as you see people who actually get into what they're good at. There's a nice amount of air-play possible in the game, unblockables / traps / meter gain blockstrings, throw mixups, wave-dashing, jumping cross-ups, and light Blazblue-ish left/ right traps. Going back to the demo and actually using a lot of these things, and reading the movelist to understand things like the use of the style button on Dio, the use of taunts, and so on, really helped open up the game.

It easily looks like the best attempt at a legit fighting game that CC2 has made in this generation. Even though it looks like I'll have to wait possibly a week after release to actually PLAY, I'm already looking forward to getting to try various matchups, and learn the large cast of characters.

Top Bottom