• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Lucy Steel's little golf claps whenever Stephen has a lame joke still kills me. It's not that she found it funny, she's just applauding the fact that he made a joke.
I love those moments too

Also while Dio is more hammy and fun , i like Diego as a character more, he is lost less two dimensional as the original and is an actual character plus for once sympathetic unlike the born evil DIO. Also i know SBR was released way before JW and it's not a music reference but i wish Diego Stand was called "Jurassic World" instead of Scary Monsters and yes just because of the memes.

Stroheim: You Utter fools, German horse riding is ze greatest in the worlds

The Hot Pants reveal only works if it ever did because
the male characters has such a feminine design
especially since we had Dr. Ferdinand

I'm also liking the Stands here they are a still unique and simple and don't evolve to the bullshit that part 6 and to some extent 5 goes too, i prefer the more "simple" stands here

Also is it just me or has the art gotten a lot better.

Also i imagine there is a reason for Funny Valentine looking completely different than what i've seen of him

StayDead

Just got to Man in the Mirror. Damn, this is just a better version of J-Geil's stand isn't.

Fuugo is cool too! I can see Purple Haze having some really cool uses.

Coco Jumbo finds its true calling in Eyes of Heaven: carrying the entire Joestar bloodline while it sits in a pocket in Jotaro's jacket.

Game is utter shit, by the way. Just started playing it again and I can't fathom how CC2 thought this oversimplified button-masher would be fun. They even lock out all abilities (spare one) for every fighter until you mash the buttons as them for a while. It's dreadfully dull, and the "original story overseen by Araki" comes off more or less as an average fanfic.

I mean who is going to attack a turtle

Ninja'd. Damn.

Also i imagine there is a reason for Funny Valentine looking completely different than what i've seen of him

I mean, an argument could be made that wacky stand shenanigans happened, but due to any lack of even hint that said shenanigans ever happened I'd say it's more like the time that Araki just went "fuck it, even if I already drew Annasui as a female he's a man now".

Honestly, Joseph was awesome in part 4. He started off a bit weird and scary (I didn't like that Joseph), but at the end he seemed like his old self again imo.
I think once he started interacting with Josuke his brain started to work again. Nothing revives the brain like Stand hijinks.

caliph95

I mean, an argument could be made that wacky stand shenanigans happened, but due to any lack of even hint that said shenanigans ever happened I'd say it's more like the time that Araki just went "fuck it, even if I already drew Annasui as a female he's a man now".
I'm not far into SBR so imagine there is a reason he went from a fat short dude to President Sexy so i'm giving it a chance

and Annasui you can blame the editors for that

Edit: wait when dd Valentine turn into a hunk or is the clothes deceptive or s he only around that with his wife, seriously he went fro pudgy and short to removing his clothes basically the same chapter and is buff as shit.

Everybody's safe in Coco Jumbo my fucking foot. Grateful Dead's gas is turning them into prunes. But what will Jim Jam give life to bullshit his way out of this one?

Numb

WHAT KIND OF STAND IS A FUCKING FISHING POLE?!!!!! What kind of fucking crack was Araki smoking when he designed The Grateful Dead?

I looked down on that pole so hard and was proven wrong even harder
It's not my fault the wielder woke up to his MC tier powers and mood and personality too

and Annasui you can blame the editors for that

I'm pretty sure that the editors weren't to blame for Annasui turning into a guy. I forget where I heard it, but Araki decided to make Annasui a man because he didn't like the balance between female and male characters the group had (since the only male characters were Emporio, who can't exactly fight, and Weather before that), and he didn't want to add in another female character, so he ended up making Annasui a guy.

I'm pretty sure that the editors weren't to blame for Annasui turning into a guy. I forget where I heard it, but Araki decided to make Annasui a man because he didn't like the balance between female and male characters the group had (since the only male characters were Emporio, who can't exactly fight, and Weather before that), and he didn't want to add in another female character, so he ended up making Annasui a guy.
I love how Araki does this much thinking after he sits down and does a character design.

Holy shit. I finally managed to take a look at the comparisons between the TV and Blu-Ray versions of the RPS Kid and I Am An Alien episodes of DiU and... oh boy... it's amazing just how awful the original DR Movie eps were. The difference is seriously night and day.

RPS Kid is Coming

I Am An Alien

I hope that when David Productions adapts Part 5 they don't do anything more than a 2-cour season at a time (and better prepare for it too; even Dio's World fell apart near the end).

Also, if anybody has seen the Blu-Ray version for those episodes, does the original, unfinished version of Great Days play in Episode 27? Or does the version we get for the rest of the season play?

caliph95

Can someone explain to me the golden ratio with the spin stuff, read the fight with Weakpipo a while ago

Edit: is the Bible the original Jojo's bizzare adventure

Didn't think i would root fro Dio to win a fight and
actually feel sad that he died but at least he died thinking that he won even if it was tragic

At least we got a lot of mudas and wrryyyyyy

At least Steel isn't a pedophile (though cowboy speedwagon still is but different times i guess) and i like this revelation about their true relationship

holy crap the differences between the BD and TV versions are just... how did we tolerate this lol

I sincerely hope David Pro does a good job with part 5. I want that shit to be immaculate when it comes on TV, even if it means splitting it like part 3.

edit: Jesus Christ is the original JoJo yes

Holy shit. I finally managed to take a look at the comparisons between the TV and Blu-Ray versions of the RPS Kid and I Am An Alien episodes of DiU and... oh boy... it's amazing just how awful the original DR Movie eps were. The difference is seriously night and day.

RPS Kid is Coming

I Am An Alien

I hope that when David Productions adapts Part 5 they don't do anything more than a 2-cour season at a time (and better prepare for it too; even Dio's World fell apart near the end).

Also, if anybody has seen the Blu-Ray version for those episodes, does the original, unfinished version of Great Days play in Episode 27? Or does the version we get for the rest of the season play?

Holy fuck the Shinobu redraws

edit: Jesus Christ is the original JoJo yes

The name even fits the Jo_____ Jo_____ pattern technically

caliph95

What would Jesus stand be
obviously besides Ticket to Ride
the
Code:
Holy Ghost
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/97/4c/e5/974ce55967698c496f659cdda1fc38fb.jpg[/IMG]
I just read SBR and for no reason feel like posting this
XkNVVtI.gif

Also Hot Pants is gone i think?

Ezalc

Part 7 is the best.

I haven't started Part 8 though because apparently no one knows where that's even going.

Part 8 has possibly not even introduced the final villain yet and it's on chapter like 50 or something I think. It's also only now starting to explain some stuff that might be moving towards showing who the big bad is.

Part 8 has possibly not even introduced the final villain yet and it's on chapter like 50 or something I think. It's also only now starting to explain some stuff that might be moving towards showing who the big bad is.
Is Jojolion pretty much just slice of life antics like the first half of Diamond is Unbreakable?

Jojolion isn't very good. There, I said it.

It's aimless and I haven't found any of the characters that enjoyable.
People think Part 5 sucks and I've been enjoying it...granted it seems like it's more Buccellati's story than Giorno's but it's still a pretty fun read.

caliph95

People think Part 5 sucks and I've been enjoying it...granted it seems like it's more Buccellati's story than Giorno's but it's still a pretty fun read.
From what i heard that partly due to the original translations sucking though i agree Bruno is a better main character than Giorno.
General consensus seems to be positive for all parts except 5 for translation, 1 for being the least interesting and 6 is controversial

Lunar15

Your mileage may vary, but part 5 is coherent and has enjoyable characters. I'm fully caught up on Jojolion and I have no idea what it's about, where it's going, or why we're even following the main character anymore.

There's just nothing particularly memorable about it.

Astral

Jojolion isn't very good. There, I said it.

It's aimless and I haven't found any of the characters that enjoyable.

I can definitely see why someone wouldn't like it. It is very aimless for the most part. I'll need to read it from the beginning once it ends to form a more proper opinion of it.

cntr

Banned
I like Jojolion, but I'm going to be relieved when we move on to Part 9. The general aimlessness and alien tone is hard to deal with in a monthly series.

It'll be fine once it's over and the questions are answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom