• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

It would be weird and surprising if Wham and ACDC made it into the game and not Cars.

Really hope he isn't DLC or something.

laaame

I'm pretty sure Cars will be in the game, mainly because he is the main villain of part 2 and because of the anime. My logic is if AC/DC is in the game then Cars better be! The game is going for marketability as can be seen with the amount of characters from part 3 currently, so getting as many characters from the anime is probable.

Also is there any gameplay footage of ASB out there that is a later build than the TGS build with Joseph/Jotaro/Gyro/Wham?

Tizoc

But Kira is the main villain of Part 4, and he is Day 1 DLC.

Which is odd, you'd think Part 8 JoJo would work better as a DLC.

I still think NuFace Kira is also in the game, this one having an altered movelist+Another one bites the dust as a move.

Mr.Ock

One question, guys.
If I read Steel Ball Run before reading Stone Ocean, am I going to be spoiled? I know that SBR is supposed to be a sort of "reboot", but maybe there are some references to Stone Ocean or something like that.

(I'm asking this because here in Italy jojo is being reprinted in a new edition, and we're nearing the end of Vento Aureo. But SBR is already out in another edition so I'd like to buy that once I'm done with Vento Aureo)

Tizoc

One question, guys.
If I read Steel Ball Run before reading Stone Ocean, am I going to be spoiled? I know that SBR is supposed to be a sort of "reboot", but maybe there are some references to Stone Ocean or something like that.

(I'm asking this because here in Italy jojo is being reprinted in a new edition, and we're nearing the end of Vento Aureo. But SBR is already out in another edition so I'd like to buy that once I'm done with Vento Aureo)

Hardly any of the JoJo series spoil events or refer (a lot) to events from the previous series, so you got nothing to worry about. All in all they're stand alone.
The only issue though is that Araki's art changes a lot during the course of SBR, that it woud look like a different artist did Part 6.

Mr.Ock

Hardly any of the JoJo series spoil events or refer (a lot) to events from the previous series, so you got nothing to worry about. All in all they're stand alone.
The only issue though is that Araki's art changes a lot during the course of SBR, that it woud look like a different artist did Part 6.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm nearing the end of Vento Aureo and I think i've never seen art in any other manga change so much... especially the first series is very reminescent of Hokuto no ken and in general of 80's manga (well, it's from 1987 so it's only natural i guess), but the second and the third feel much more modern, even if they are from the 80's themselves.

And by the way, overall I'm loving this series! Probably the best action shonen I've ever read. I hope Stone Ocean and SBR are as good as the first five arcs!

I think may favorite style of his was during his near ending style for SBR, so good.

And by the way, overall I'm loving this series! Probably the best action shonen I've ever read. I hope Stone Ocean and SBR are as good as the first five arcs!

Hell yeah it is! Shonen? Man we on some senien level stuff now.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Man I want Diego in the game, especially if he has DInO mode :(

Don't we all.
Diego > Dio.

Hopefully that supposed final roster wandering around the web turns out to be true. Diego, Nero, Rohan, and Annasui? Yes please.
Also, I don't think we'll see any more DLC main antagonists. It'd be obvious milking, and border line insulting. Kira is one of the more popular villains, so making him DLC would guarantee some extra casheesh. Any more, and they'd be seriously pushing it.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Gotta agree that my fav. art of Arakis is from the True Man's World arc in SBR and onwards.
Yeah, some of the best goddamn manga art I've seen from that point forth. No wonder SBR took it's toll on Araki.

Tizoc

Heh Knuckles cosplaying as Jotaro is appropriate-
mlPGOLb.jpg

Any other JoJo 'cosplays' or franchises that do JoJo posings, etc.?

Erigu

BTW, what does jojolion even refer to in Japanese?
The meaning of the title, you mean?

Araki explained in the foreword to volume 2 that the "-lion" part was an ancient Greek word meaning something like "blessed" or "celebrated", so the combined title "JoJolion" was about the meaning of Jôsuke's existence in this world. He also said something about how there's also a "-lion" and "Pygmalion" and "Evangelion", and he doesn't know if it's the same meaning.
... And I think Araki should have done more research about that one.

Short version: it's nonsense, thanks for asking! ^^

fertygo

I always think that's some indirect reference to Napoleon tbh with Jojo in back of it lol, turn out its nothing like that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's Araki, it's always nonsense.

His ideas on "gravity" would make Einstein's head spin.

C0unter

Just finished the Blackmore arc,loved his ability and how it was drawn.The whole pigeon section was really intense,SBR has been really good so far.Poor Dio though going from time stop to dinos.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Araki explained in the foreword to volume 2 that the "-lion" part was an ancient Greek word meaning something like "blessed" or "celebrated", so the combined title "JoJolion" was about the meaning of Jôsuke's existence in this world. He also said something about how there's also a "-lion" and "Pygmalion" and "Evangelion", and he doesn't know if it's the same meaning.

I thought it was because the lion symbolized Jesus or some shit

Tizoc

@C0unter- lol
Dinosaurs are cool >=/

lol, well I'll take the first explanation if it is actually real.

Just read Chapter 19 and sadly
not much did happen, unless it was Araki trying to give his hidden hints as to the Stand and its User?

The thing about Jojolion
right now is that we are seeing him make out some normalcy to his life right? Of course this being Jojo there not a darn thing that normal by everyday for him. What's the deal with the leaves or the chick with the rack? Hell how old is Josuke(17 tops) anyway? For all we know him and Joshuu will have their lives in danger before even getting a block within school.. All this and more on ch. 20

I love it.

Tizoc

Question about Pork Pie Hat Kid from Part 7...WTF is his Stand ability exactly, and how is he able to use that water pot to spy on Johnny? Is that part of his Stand's ability?

Question about Pork Pie Hat Kid from Part 7...WTF is his Stand ability exactly, and how is he able to use that water pot to spy on Johnny? Is that part of his Stand's ability?

Stands work on some science right? So let's assume his stand allows him to search nearby the area he's with. Like maybe within a mile? I think he's power plays on gold mining shifting with a pan. He was able to hook things like fishing like beach boy bit on a more visual level?

That's how I understood it anyway.

Tizoc

Re-read the story just to get a good idea recently...
Well way I see it: He can turn objects into 'portals'. The pan he was watching Johnny with acted as the 'entry point', whereas the feathers that he used to attack with, acted as the 'exit'. I'll just assume the hooks from his mouth are another part of his Stand ability as well since he can control the hooks.

Re-read the story just to get a good idea recently...
Well way I see it: He can turn objects into 'portals'. The pan he was watching Johnny with acted as the 'entry point', whereas the feathers that he used to attack with, acted as the 'exit'. I'll just assume the hooks from his mouth are another part of his Stand ability as well since he can control the hooks.

Yeah I like this theory better : )

I'm still trying to figure Hot Pants' ability. I'm not sure where you are with SBR but um I'll just say <3

Tizoc

Yeah I like this theory better : )

I'm still trying to figure Hot Pants' ability. I'm not sure where you are with SBR but um I'll just say <3

I've finished reading SBR 2 or 3 times already so no worries about spoilers in regards to me amigo ;3
Hots Pants' Cream Starter's ability
the 'spray can' allows HP to remove or add in flesh or skin to a body. I don't recall if it'd work on any object that isn't human skin though

I've finished reading SBR 2 or 3 times already so no worries about spoilers in regards to me amigo ;3
Hots Pants' Cream Starter's ability
the 'spray can' allows HP to remove or add in flesh or skin to a body. I don't recall if it'd work on any object that isn't human skin though

Yeah so essentially you could like take some for a fallen foe to heal up/patchwork. I'm sure that's what Johnny & Gryo did.
Kinda disappointed the relationship between HP & Jojo was implied but nothing came from it. So hot, hnnngggh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom