• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Does Dio use his particular arrogant speech pattern from the start in the manga? I can't recall.

imagesppivr.jpg

Also which one lololo

Conan-san

All I want is for Part 4 to be done like Super Persona 4 the Animation. Because, let's face it, Persona 4 is Diamond is not Crash and Megaten's Secret love child.

All I want is for Part 4 to be done like Super Persona 4 the Animation. Because, let's face it, Persona 4 is Diamond is not Crash and Megaten's Secret love child.

Let us not forget Persona 3: Stardust Crusaders

s8Um6lJ.png

At this rate Persona 5 will be about a bunch of Japanese high school kids rising up the ranks in the Japanese mafia.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ah, Jotaro before his hat ate his head.

I didn't even recognize him at first.

laaame

Being old and having tentacles didn't bother me that much, it was more the fact that his fights in Part 3 were kinda dumb,. His enemies were a boil and a woman with a magnetic electrical socket.... (oh and he stood in front of Dio for a bit, not quite a fight). I actually liked the Mariah fight but that was more of a comic relief fight and not the insane bullshittery that Joseph pulled off in his youth.

fertygo

If anything it was unique when compared to how the other heroes' Stands had humanoid or animal forms.
Besides he had to make him look like Indiana Jones, and just a whip wasn't enough.

His stand would be a lot more effective if he still has youth athleticism and stamina, see : Jolyne.

Ok, so, now that the part 2 anime is ending next week, shall we make bets on how it will end or something? I'm guessing it'll go in one of 3 ways

-Regular part 2 ending with Joseph getting on the plane for Japan
-Teaser with fishermen pulling out Dio's coffin out of the ocean
-Teaser with Jotaro in jail

Also, I'm guessing that that last song in the part 2 soundtrack will be for the epilogue...Seeing what happened in everyone else's lives while listening to it without shedding a tear will be a little hard D:

Leezard

Ok, so, now that the part 2 anime is ending next week, shall we make bets on how it will end or something? I'm guessing it'll go in one of 3 ways

Also, I'm guessing that that last song in the part 2 soundtrack will be for the epilogue...Seeing what happened in everyone else's lives while listening to it without shedding a tear will be a little hard D:

I hope it's the third one.

I really just want it to end the way part 2 ended with Joseph getting off the plane. Make the anime only watchers wait for the most acclaimed part.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just feel... weird. Part 1 ended with the hint of Part 2... and they wont' do it for Part 2 hinting Part 3? It feels weird.

Yeah, there's not too much left, but at least I'm pretty sure they can extend the volcano part until the end of the first half, leaving "eventually he stopped thinking", the funeral, and the epilogue for the second half which I think is enough to fill out the rest of the episode.

Also, linking this here too because I figured more people would appreciate it here than in the other topic
http://youtu.be/XD9RMXTt8hc

"And that's how I got my artificial hand."

Wiseblade

Yeah, there's not too much left, but at least I'm pretty sure they can extend the volcano part until the end of the first half, leaving "eventually he stopped thinking", the funeral, and the epilogue for the second half which I think is enough to fill out the rest of the episode.

Also, linking this here too because I figured more people would appreciate it here than in the other topic
http://youtu.be/XD9RMXTt8hc

"And that's how I got my artificial hand."

All that does is remind me how the anime doesn't quite capture how BLOODY INSANE the whole thing was. Jojo didn't freak out enough for my liking.

I liked his stand. It was the fact he was no longer a super smart cocky badass that annoyed me.

This is one of the main reason why I hated part 3, I mean I had just finished part 2 with this ultra cocky smart ass main character, only to have the same guy turned into a complete wuss years later I couldn't stand it :(

Kurtofan

Part 3 Joseph is way better than Part 2 Joseph.

Old cunning bastard>>>Young cocky punk.

Old Joseph has the experience of battle.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would likely agree with you if old Joseph did actually got to do more in Part 3. He just never gets a chance to shine.

Also, Jotaro was set up to be an interesting character, then goes on to lose his entire personality and become generic badass dood.

Kurtofan

I would likely agree with you if old Joseph did actually got to do more in Part 3. He just never gets a chance to shine.

Also, Jotaro was set up to be an interesting character, then goes on to lose his entire personality and become generic badass dood.

I don't know, Jotaro at the start was kind of whiny.

"boohoo I have a superpowerful evil spirit that busted some punks' nuts, please lock me up"

Kurtofan

I like Jotaro the best in part 4, he's like Batman with superpowers.
Every villain in town fears him, he's the greatest detective in town and a mentor to Robin (Josuke and Koichi).

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with Jotaro in part 4 is that he kinda takes up a lot of facetime that could've been used for Josuke; Joseph, for better or for worse never really had that problem in Stardust Crusaders.

fertygo

Jotaro are da bes, come at me bro
The problem with Jotaro in part 4 is that he kinda takes up a lot of facetime that could've been used for Josuke; Joseph, for better or for worse never really had that problem in Stardust Crusaders.

Really? reading again its not that much really.. Rohan got a lot more screentime.

Part 3 Joseph is way better than Part 2 Joseph.

Old cunning bastard>>>Young cocky punk.

Old Joseph has the experience of battle.

This would be true if Araki actually handled the old cunning bastard thing well, as it stand I am team young cocky punk.

I also agree Jotaro was better in part 4, this not at young Joseph level though. I also like Josuke, like him more than part 3 Jotaro.

fertygo

Err.. are this the supposed Johnny's wife?

W0cero9.jpg

Wtf.. Higashikata cast japanese voodoo to him or something?
Well, he takes over most of the first half or so; Rohan's introduction does change the focus.

Still think this not true, after the intro period. Jotaro only appear in that rats chapter and mid-climax with Kira IIRC.

WE GOT ALL 3

I REPEAT

WE GOT ALL 3

It's...still similar enough to tell it's Sugita, yet different enough to make me feel confused by the fact I'm hearing Sugita.

I trust he'lll make a good badass grandpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom