• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

About to finish up my reread of SBR, and I still think it's the best part. The race provides a linear backdrop to all the crazy side stories. There really are no "good guys," just people with conflicting motivations. It's great to see everyone moving in on Valentine towards the end. Also, Dino Dio is the best Dio. All the characters are great, really.

In contrast, Jojolion seems so unfocused and meandering. It's been a few years and I still don't feel like there's been any meat to the story.

cntr

Banned
I actually think there might be two Jojos in Part 9. One descended from the Kira half of Josuke, and the other from the Josefumi half.

It's be a neat twist!

Well yeah, she will be an odd number JoJo. They always tend to be more stoic and less wacky/weird compared to their even number counterparts.
I'm not really sure that system applies beyond Part 6. I mean, look at Johnny and Gappy, they're kind of both.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"so how some joseph just doesn't get a private plane & fly to egypt?" seems to be something that's been brought up during the early episodes of Part 3.

......um, because whose to say a stand won't attack them from the outside of the plane? We know Dio is able to figure out where they are (he knew they were taking a plane in the first place) & we know of stands that can go far distances away from their users. Plus Pet Shop can fly & shoot ice, so he could probably do some damage from the plane, not to mention the others couldn't do much because of short range or they can't do much while being inside a plane without damaging the inside.

I don't even know why people think Giorno is so stoic. He was just the voice of reason surrounded by a bunch of crazy ass Italian people.

I can't even begin to imagine what Araki will do for part 9. Hell I've been reading part 8 for close to a year now and can't even figure out what he's doing for that.

cntr

Banned
Part 7 doesn't really get going until the Scary Monsters fight.

Not coincidentally, right around the same time it became monthly and became officially Jojo.

You do get a broader audience compared to most series, though, which is nice. Don't like Part 3? Well, stick around for Part 4! Can't get that with a normal series.
I heard that Araki actually wanted to explore Kakyoin's character more...buuuuut nope! The editors of the time wouldn't allow it!

People probably just pissed off that they shelved Joseph. Barring Jotaro I'd rank the rest of the jojo's as either better or more interesting. Young Joseph is fun and I do like him but his stans piss me off.
And this I can't emphasize enough. I feel like one of the only peeps who were bored during most of Battle Tendency :x

I heard that Araki actually wanted to explore Kakyoin's character more...buuuuut nope! The editors of the time wouldn't allow it!

And this I can't emphasize enough. I feel like one of the only peeps who were bored during most of Battle Tendency :x

I feel like it really needed the anime to be what it was for me; I kinda ho-hum'd my way through Part 2, 3, 4, and 5 all for different reasons, it wasn't until 6 that I was really invested in the moment to moment JoJo.

Granted, for 4 and 5, it was pretty much all translation related (duwaaaaaaaaang), part 2 I think the panel work may have made following some of the action difficult, and Part 3 I was bit by "Just wait till the craziness in 4 and beyond!" so I was sorta rushing it.

But I've absolutely *loved* the anime versions to death of all but Part 1.

Of course, I went back and re-read part 5 with the new translation, and was gripped by it; definite improvement on that front. I'd say JoJo is probably the only series that really escalated itself on my second read, even if it's all my fault for anticipating later parts so much.

I couldn't even finish my read of BT. It works way better as an anime than it does in manga form. I was able to read parts five and six just fine though, even part one. I haven't tried reading 3 or 4 yet though. I feel like if the anime of BT wasn't great then people wouldn't even like Joseph as much at this point because Sugita was perfect for the role and the anime amped the bullshit up pretty well. I honestly find Giorno, Jolyne and Josuke just more interesting character wise. Not to mention those parts don't revolve around everybody jobbing to allow the Jojo to get the win. Also helps that the side characters are just straight up fun. Caesar is fine...I guess and I like Stroheim...in anime form. Lisa Lisa could have been handled better, but that's the price she paid. Pretty much I'd put all the side characters minus Weather, Fugo (Who?) and Annasui over anybody in Part 2.

Lisa Lisa was robbed hardcore. Only got to straight nuke one shit ass minion.

I don't disagree with how the fight with Kars went, I just think there should have been one good fight for her -- but then, there was really only five people to really fight in BT.

I will say that BT is the only thing that I can say was genuinely elevated by Dubstep.

caliph95

Didn't she originally had a fight but got cut, bit wasted considering she was the strongest and most skilled human in 2 but Kars cheated I would rather she straight up lose

Didn't she originally had a fight but got cut, bit wasted considering she was the strongest and most skilled human in 2 but Kars cheated I would rather she straight up lose

The only fight she has, even in the manga, that isn't Kars being a douche is a vampire serial killer that she just walks by and nukes in the process.
Unless I am TOTALLY forgetting something.

cntr

Banned
Araki said in a magazine interview that Lisa Lisa was supposed to get a fight against Kars, yeah. But the editors said no.

That's probably why Kars lands on those random pile of crystals -- he was supposed to get those injuries from Lisa Lisa.

Tizoc

tumblr_osjrnzSYfK1s2kojso1_250.jpg

This better be animated.

tumblr_ojn6xni7KV1s2kojso1_500.png

Even in context this is hilarious.

tumblr_oiwhvgF3Ho1s2kojso1_1280.png

tumblr_ocr2p1fBLc1s2kojso1_540.png

I couldn't even finish my read of BT. It works way better as an anime than it does in manga form. I was able to read parts five and six just fine though, even part one. I haven't tried reading 3 or 4 yet though. I feel like if the anime of BT wasn't great then people wouldn't even like Joseph as much at this point because Sugita was perfect for the role and the anime amped the bullshit up pretty well. I honestly find Giorno, Jolyne and Josuke just more interesting character wise. Not to mention those parts don't revolve around everybody jobbing to allow the Jojo to get the win. Also helps that the side characters are just straight up fun. Caesar is fine...I guess and I like Stroheim...in anime form. Lisa Lisa could have been handled better, but that's the price she paid. Pretty much I'd put all the side characters minus Weather, Fugo (Who?) and Annasui over anybody in Part 2.

Saw the anime for PB and BT, caught up near the beginning of SdC, and that's where I started reading the manga. While I still felt like forcing myself throughout a good portion of SdC, and bits of DiU - when they got good, they were GEWD. First two parts for me, not so much.
Edit: This could be on account of all the spotlight Jonathan and Joseph took up, when I see many complaints of how uninvolved Jotaro, Josuke, and Gio turned out in their own respective parts. Although that's something I prefer (unless you're a shonen which involves a case such as The Sauce)

And Vento Aureo...after its own beginning, I didn't have much of an issue getting through it at all once the new scanlation came about. Definitely the most consistent part I've read so far. I'm not quite sure what to make of SO in that regard, but it was undoubtedly one hell of a ride, and I'm still getting through SBR

Saw the anime for PB and BT, caught up near the beginning of SdC, and that's where I started reading the manga. While I still felt like forcing myself throughout a good portion of SdC, and bits of DiU - when they got good, they were GEWD. First two parts for me, not so much
And Vento Aureo...after its own beginning, I didn't have much of an issue getting through it at all once the new scanlation came about. Definitely the most consistent part I've read so far. I'm not quite sure what to make of SO in that regard, but it was undoubtedly one hell of a ride, and I'm still getting through SBR
I honestly think VA is more consistent than SO, but that might be just me. Granted once SO took off it was fun minus Bohemian Rhapsody which I just thought was fucking stupid including the conclusion, but that's probably just me. Also stand battles were just brutal in VA. "Show me yo Stando, Imma fucks you up mate!"
GioGio and his peak bullshit ass stando...it's just hilarious.

caliph95

They were a few stand encounters I didn't care for in SO while VA while can be long or feels like it have the best stand fights though sometimes o feel like I needed a break

They were a few stand encounters I didn't care for in SO while VA while can be long or feels like it have the best stand fights though sometimes o feel like I needed a break
Debt Collector, C-Moon, Planet Waves, whatever the fuck Sports Max used and Rods are probably the best ones.

I can't even defend not listing, granted it's like obligatory or some shit. Just watching the world try to deal with accelerated time was hilarious. People couldn't even buy food. Thanks Pucci.

Feng Shui guy seemed a bit broken, though even his stand argued with him.

Just watching his actual stand accelerate from troubling to absolutely destroying the gang was a moment of awe.

so I watched the hunter x hunter anime and wtf I love hxh now

Speedwagon would have been feeling max despair up until Emporio busted out Heavy Weather and went "you didn't win", rip pucci he lost so hard he got written out of the universe

so I watched the hunter x hunter anime and wtf I love hxh now

Speedwagon would have been feeling max despair up until Emporio busted out Heavy Weather and went "you didn't win", rip pucci he lost so hard he got written out of the universe
"Yo kid, I don't even know your name, but let me finish my damn job!!" HxH is fucking sublime. How far are you into it?

"Yo kid, I don't even know your name, but let me finish my damn job!!" HxH is fucking sublime. How far are you into it?

Oh yes, I finished the anime now and it was great! I was gripped from the beginning, the characters were fun and battles were rarely uninteresting, especially after nen was introduced. The chimera ant stuff dragged a bit in the middle, but then
the hair and "first comes rock"
and I got pulled back into it right away. Holy shit what a moment that was.

HxH probably the only shonen other than JoJo to make me choke up at the emotional moments. I still have those nights where I lie awake in bed thinking "yo but why did Araki have to do F.F. like that"

Oh yes, I finished the anime now and it was great! I was gripped from the beginning, the characters were fun and battles were rarely uninteresting, especially after nen was introduced. The chimera ant stuff dragged a bit in the middle, but then
the hair and "first comes rock"
and I got pulled back into it right away. Holy shit what a moment that was.

HxH probably the only shonen other than JoJo to make me choke up at the emotional moments. I still have those nights where I lie awake in bed thinking "yo but why did Araki have to do F.F. like that"
Araki killed off FF and allowed to less interesting characters to live, so annoying. Couldn't even marry Jolyne off to bae Hermes. I had to take a break from HxH after that scene, it's just so emotionally draining for me, I'll just be crushed again like 4 eps later any way. I love HxH though. That and Jojo are pretty much my favorite shonens.

caliph95

FF at least loved Jolyne because of the experiences they shared. Anansui loved her because he's a fucking creeper. I guess Anansui winning will just forever bother me.

Who is this Annasui? I remember an Annakiss getting together with his fiancee Irene.
True Anansui is a creep and insane but I liked him when he was stuck with Weather Report/Heavy weather and had to end up being the straight man. Even if Rhapsody was me just skimming it

"Doesn't really understand what's going on. Just kind of following Weather to find Jolyne."

Who is this Annasui? I remember an Annakiss getting together with his fiancee Irene.
I will never be able to spell his name on a consistent basis.
True Anansui is a creep and insane but I liked him when he was stuck with Weather Report/Heavy weather and had to end up being the straight man. Even if Rhapsody was me just skimming it

"Doesn't really understand what's going on. Just kind of following Weather to find Jolyne."
He got his ass whooped by Mother Goat.

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure alternate Annasui was a non-shitty person. They didn't really get together.

But yeah, Diver Down is dope.

Top Bottom