• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Landau, Oscar-winning Titanic and Avatar producer, dies aged 63

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive but i honestly wonder whats going to happen to future Avatar movies. I believe he had a really good relationship with Cameron.

ZehDon

RIP.

Landau helped deliver not one, not two, but three $2 billion dollar movies. Sticking by Cameron through Titanic's nightmare production would've been a wild ride. Man must have been fearless.

jason10mm

Gold Member
He brought is Dick Tracy as well, always liked that one.

Crazy that he just seemed to work with Cameron so much, rarely anyone else. What was his actual day job?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Running Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment. He was overseeing True Lies for Fox and supported Cameron during the difficult production. So Cameron talked him into joining Lightstorm as COO.
What do they do? Wikipedia lists the films they made but they also don't seem to be particularly prolific.

Krathoon

I had a couple old employees die at work before they retired. I would argue that one was there a little too long and probably should have retired way back.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I had a couple old employees die at work before they retired. I would argue that one was there a little too long and probably should have retired way back.

An early retirement won't stop cancer...

Top Bottom