• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JPN residents, where ya getting DQVIII from?

Bebpo

Banned
I'll I have near me is a Super GOO Denkodo. 9000yen but you get 1000yen credit on their point card.

john tv

Shibuya Tsutaya. Preordered, 10% off. Amazon is cheaper (15% off), but there's something special about heading out at 6am on the launch day of a big game to get in line and pick up your copy in the flesh.

(Tsutaya opens at 7am that day, BTW.)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Have not decided yet... hahah trying to talk my girl into getting it for me....

Blackace

Shouta said:
You should just go in and get it yourself Ace =P.

I am... hahah I have not decided where at yet big Sho... Just that 8000 yen is a lot for a game... with moving looming in the near future....

Blackace

kpop100 said:
i'd have my gf get it, but poor girl has to save up to buy me a PSP :lol

Yeah for real.. The DS is my Valentine's day wish!

Shouta

You could always pimp yourself out to some Japanese chick-a-dees for a few dates for some money Ace ;)

Blackace

Shouta said:
You could always pimp yourself out to some Japanese chick-a-dees for a few dates for some money Ace ;)

haha not happening this time.... got the only one I need... getting a place together rather soon... did take up bouncing for the extra cash.... moving in Japan cost crazy money!!!

Jonnyram

I haven't pre-ordered it yet, so I might as well pre-order at Tsutaya so I can hang out with John TV on the big day :) I wonder if/when they'll do pre-orders for the slime controller.

john tv

Hopefully soon! I need to go preorder Zelda today as well.

I'll prolly have my DS with me that morning, and maybe Vestal will be there with his too. :)

MrSingh

Blackace said:
haha not happening this time.... got the only one I need... getting a place together rather soon... did take up bouncing for the extra cash.... moving in Japan cost crazy money!!!

awesome.

I just moved and I need some extra cash too. thinking of doing some bouncing around the Shinjuku 2-chome clubs/bars.

Why do you guys preorder when you can just go to Bic or Yodobashi on the day of release and they'll sell the games to you for the pre-order price and even include the pre-order bonuses?

That said, maybe preordering Dragon Quest would be a good idea.

Jonnyram

Bic is taking preorders for DQ8, so are you sure they'll have stock on the day for non pre-orderers? I usually take the Bic option myself, but I've never seen them do pre-orders before, so I'm scared in this case.

Brofist

Jonnyram said:
Bic is taking preorders for DQ8, so are you sure they'll have stock on the day for non pre-orderers? I usually take the Bic option myself, but I've never seen them do pre-orders before, so I'm scared in this case.

Bic is taking preorders? Hmm, anyway I didn't preorder from Super Potato, but maybe I should since the price is decent (ok only 500 yen less, but that's train fare right there :p)

john tv

off-topic: pitohui, i finished phantasy star last night, and i prolly would've never done it (or at least had the patience to do it) w/o your awesome walkthrough. arigatou!

Top Bottom