• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Mahonay

Banned
I watched the first couple Monday Night Wars on the network. Pretty decent, if a bit self congratulatory. There are a bunch though and order doesn't seem to matter. Any recommendations?
They get more unbearable as they go on. Total perversion of history and their current place in wrestling in a lot of the episodes. Never finished it.

I watched the first couple Monday Night Wars on the network. Pretty decent, if a bit self congratulatory. There are a bunch though and order doesn't seem to matter. Any recommendations?

Foundations of War (Sting and Undertaker)
Monday Night Jericho
Who's Next
Flight of the Cruiserweights

Edit: I actually enjoyed all of them but its not surprising that WWE talks themselves way up through the whole thing. It is produced by them.

646328.jpg

Me when I'm speaking positive then remember I'm posting about WWE on WrestleGAF.

jmdajr

I can't recall which are the best. I saw them all. I guess just go by the descriprion.

I do remember really liking the cruiseweight one.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Did the Young Bucks cameo on GLOW? I'm thinking about how almost everyone on the LA indy scene popped up on there but I can't remember if I saw Matt & Nick.

jmdajr

Did the Young Bucks cameo on GLOW? I'm thinking about how almost everyone on the LA indy scene popped up on there but I can't remember if I saw Matt & Nick.
I didn't even realize Awesome Kong was in it. I saw the whole thing and didn't make the connection. She was incredible.

Anth0ny

He did keep Raw above 3 million for 3 weeks in a row now and did better viewership than the Raw after Great Balls of fire:

2017_raw_ratings.png

Most times over 3 million since April.

Thank you #5years archbishop somedevil for posting such a beautiful image of a dying company

Last year's episode of raw from this week averaged 3.338 million viewers. This week averaged 3.067, down about 8% from last year.

Hmm, you know now that you say it, yeah, in today's WWE fans right in front of the hard cam are usually the only one's going berserk. I've experience this first hand when It was at RAW in Brooklyn before Mania this past year. There'd be points where they'd all be jumping and reacting, while the rest of the arena was sitting on their hands.

Now, if you want to talk about an entire stadium going nuts for one guy
zPrH8Bu.gif

How much of that is forced because it's hard cam? I always seem the same people in those seats. Like the guy with the TMobile shirt or Squared Circle shirt guy and his crew

jmdajr

Thank you #5years archbishop somedevil for posting such a beautiful image of a dying company

Last year's episode of raw from this week averaged 3.338 million viewers. This week averaged 3.067, down about 8% from last year.
Your love of WWE's death brings me joy. I laugh constantly.

Mahonay

Banned
How much of that is forced because it's hard cam? I always seem the same people in those seats. Like the guy with the TMobile shirt or Squared Circle shirt guy and his crew
EDIT.

Do you mean the Fandango gif? A lot of it is definitely forced because of hard cam. And yeah, a lot of the same traveling super fans.

Beefy

So what happens when WWE is still around after 5yrs?

jmdajr

This Jericho podcast on Chris Benoit. It's basically just him and Metzler talking about how he was crazy.

Like they want to talk about his amazing wrestling career, but you can't take out how nuts the dude was.

Lmao, it was taped 2 years ago and never aired I don't think. So they're trying to flog it on PPV?

Yep! Anthem not only paid Jarrett to give the company to them, but Jarrett convinced them to put the shows no TV station ever wanted (that were already taped) up on PPV, so anybody who watches them will be paying for it instead of doing it for free like Jarrett originally wanted

Jeff is one of the smartest stupidest carnies I've seen in a while, let me tell you. It's been a wild ride following TNA, and his promoting career, from the start to this point.

This Jericho podcast on Chris Benoit. It's basically just him and Metzler talking about how he was crazy.

Like they want to talk about his amazing wrestling career, but you can't take out how nuts the dude was.

That story about Benoit doing squats as punishment on himself was something else.

Baby Driver is a lovely movie friends.

In wrestling news:

8sOr1J7l.png

Shame to miss Keith Lee (i'm on my stag), but I got to see him last weekend so I'll live!

Both Okada/Sanada and Suzuki/Juice were great

What I want is Suzuki beats Okada and Sanada beats Omega.

Amd those be the only losses for Okada and Omega

oh shit, i missed okada sanada? I'll have to go back for that, cheers

Top Bottom