• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Anth0ny

you're right. they're done in 5 years no matter what.

So uh this was a shitshow announcement stream where the feed also died a thousand times! This is in no particular order (because they actually said they don't know what order the card will be yet)

TripleMania card! Currently!

Mascara de Bronce, Dinastia, Estrella Divina, and Big Mami vs Hernandez, Hiedra, Mini Psycho Clown, and Mamba
Sexy Star defends Reina de Reinas vs the winner of an elimination match happening at Aguascalientes
Dark Cuervo and Dark Scoria defend the tag titles vs Murder Clown and Monsther Clown vs Drago and Aerostar vs GFW team
Copa battle royal with at least 30 people. Announced names: La Parka, Lashley, Moose, Lanzeloth, Pimpinela Escarlata, Scorpio Jr, Intocable, Ripper!
Johnny Mundo defending all singles titles in no DQ TLC triple threat vs Texano Jr and Hijo del Fantasma
Pagano vs Mesias street fight
Psycho Clown vs Dr Wagner Jr, mask match

Aug 12 at Arena Naucalpan they'll select finalists for the La Llave a la Gloria Final, happening at TripleMania
GFW will be sending a team to TripleMania, but that'll be announced at a later date, not at this conference
Negotiating if and where TripleMania will air live
No Hall of Fame, moving that to Heroes Immortales instead
Family members may appear in the mask match (Brazo de Plata mentioned, Maximo and La Mascara teased)
Battle royal! First, Ripper is Psicosis, Psicosis and AAA sued each other for a while and he went to CMLL where he was booked for Sunday, but probably not anymore! Second, this will include people who may have worked AAA in the past but aren't currently there. Not ruling out Pirata Morgan, Sangre Chicana, Blue Demon Jr, Villanos. Lanzeloth earned his spot in the Golden Opportunity match

MC Safety

Paige is off Total Divas.

The new lineup is Naomi, Alexa, Natalya, Nia, Lana, Maryse, Carmella, and the Bellas.

I'm not sure why I'm bringing this up. I stopped watching about four seasons later than I should have. Maybe five.

The narrative of Monday Night War is WCW was only good because people left WWF to make it good. So much of it is just complete nonsense circus bullshit. It can be entertaining though.

Hasney

Without Hogan there wouldn't be a Monday night wars friend.

You could have. He enhanced the now angle for sure, but WCW wasn't getting eyeballs when it was just Hogan. They were just an alright rated wrasslin show. It also wouldn't have folded any earlier than the merger because Ted Turner wanted to own a wrestling company.

6 years ago today, Rey Mysterio won a tournament final to win the WWE title. Then he foolishly accepted a challenge from John Cena, and Cena won the WWE title. Then real WWE champ CM Punk came out and held up his WWE title vs Cena's WWE title.

Egg0

Banned
6 years ago today, Rey Mysterio won a tournament final to win the WWE title. Then he foolishly accepted a challenge from John Cena, and Cena won the WWE title. Then real WWE champ CM Punk came out and held up his WWE title vs Cena's WWE title.

Incoming OT thread?

Tom Nook

I thought he came "back" too soon. I like the idea Punk is "out of the company" a lot longer with the real title and Cena with the "fake" title.

Hasney

Didn't Vince mandate that Cena face the winner of that tournament instead of Rey just accepting it? Whole thing was dumb. Either don't bring Punk back so early and have Rey V Xena at the next PPV, or do but keep Cena away from him and have Punk/Rey. Was hard to blow such a hot angle...

Mahonay

Banned
I thought he came "back" too soon. I like the idea Punk is "out of the company" a lot longer with the real title and Cena with the "fake" title.
I wasn't back watching yet during 2011, but boy from an outside prospective does it feel like they brought Punk back WAY too early, absolutely killing the novelty of Punk running off with the belt and "quitting".

Bronx-Man

Banned
Six years later, I still cannot believe they threw away JOHN CENA and REY MYSTERIO fighting for the FIRST TIME EVER for the WWE TITLE on a fuckin' throwaway Raw when that could have been the biggest SummerSlam main event ever.

Idiots.

Anth0ny

Six years later, I still cannot believe they threw away JOHN CENA and REY MYSTERIO fighting for the FIRST TIME EVER for the WWE TITLE on a fuckin' throwaway Raw when that could have been the biggest SummerSlam main event ever.

Idiots.

The way they handled 2011 after MITB is basically the prelude to #5years

the best angle since the attitude era. right in their laps. and THAT'S how they followed it up.

BREATHLESSLY trying to kill punk. by ANY MEANS that momentum had to be stopped.

The way they handled 2011 after MITB is basically the prelude to #5years

the best angle since the attitude era. right in their laps. and THAT'S how they followed it up.

BREATHLESSLY trying to kill punk. by ANY MEANS that momentum had to be stopped.

Nash/HHH sledgehammer on a pole being the end result of it all is still one of the most baffling decisions I've seen any, and I do mean any, company make

Yeah I wish he would have left for a few months. Defend the title at various indy shows. Then come back to claim that he is still the real champ.

That entire angle was so fucked up. Still can't believe Kevin Nash was the end game.

Buff Bagwell is pretty funny.

He's impersonating the Cat Earnest Miller and it's not roll my eyes this shit is stupid like every time DX did it on Raw.

WCW going under before Buff Bagwell made it to the top is a crime.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Let's see if/how WWE responds to the overwhelmingly negative response to Battlegrounds.

My guess, they double down on the bullshit.

Top Bottom