• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Iceman829

I've only watched 10 minutes of smackdown and this has been terrible besides that Eva Marie VO intro. Raw made me interested and smackdown sent me back to overwatch. I'll skim through the rest later with the dvr.

thefro

I've only watched 10 minutes of smackdown and this has been terrible besides that Eva Marie VO intro. Raw made me interested and smackdown sent me back to overwatch. I'll skim through the rest later with the dvr.

Yeah, I'm turning it after American Alpha's match (even though the main event should be good).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like starting with a Battle Royale of guys not good enough to get into the actual match was not a good way to start and I don't think a talk show segment on the first episode of the wrestling show was a great idea, even if its there to set up Orton squashing the Interncontinental title (making the title even more irrelevant than it already is).

Ultratech

I like this Orton

It is a bit more bearable than boring-ass monotone, droning Randy Orton.

Maybe this will be like the Orton who likes to chuck presents at people!

QI4KQ.gif

A hot shot show can't happen every week. Raw will be back to status quo in a week or two, friend.

I do like the look of Smackdown, though.

There was more to RAW than it been a hotshot show. It felt well put together from top to bottom. Each segment flowed well into the next. The whole show felt like one fun package. SD feels like a pile of shit thrown at a wall with hope some will stick

There was more to RAW than it been a hotshot show. It felt well put together from top to bottom. Each segment flowed well into the next. The whole show felt like one fun package. SD feels like a pile of shit thrown at a wall with hope some will stick
SD feels like every SD since like 2010

UberTag

The quality of this show scares me that WWE do not understand why RAW was so liked last night
I'll at least look at the consistent developments between both shows for signs of active change. Namely getting wrestlers to cut more promos and post-match interviews. That shit is good... and better than having Cole read their tweets on their behalf.

They do need to stop rigidly scripting this horseshit and giving folks like Kalisto improv training so they're not trying to make lucha things happen... but it's still a positive step.

Top Bottom