• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Anth0ny

lol, more like this place exists in a bubble aka (when most leave it they get banned) and needs to be realistic. Follow him if you want to see how WWE is really doing:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston

DCx8T5jV0AAMleJ.jpg

it all makes sense now

I search for Roman Reigns gifs more than the other two, am I part of the problem?

The only Seth gif I remember looking for was the monkey one. Dean? lol come on

tenor.gif

So how is the WWE these days? I've been feeling oddly nostalgic and going back and watching some late 90s stuff and highlights of the Invasion era.

Heard about the ratings struggle, but didn't know if that was indicative of the quality or not. Good time to hop back in?

Edit - Oh dear, I just read the last few pages haha...

So how is the WWE these days? I've been feeling oddly nostalgic and going back and watching some late 90s stuff and highlights of the Invasion era.

Heard about the ratings struggle, but didn't know if that was indicative of the quality or not. Good time to hop back in?

Authority era tier I believe

Heroman

Banned

Wrestling on a whole has never been better , WWE just sucks.

Shane's are worse because at least with Ambrose when he's punching commentary or the wrestler aren't selling it like absolute death since Shane's punches are treated as one of his main regular attacks. Motherfucking Braun Strowman had to sell those hits.

What is it about WCW that they were able to get crowds that hot?

Even at the height of NXT you didn't see shit like that

People loved wrestling back then

As I repeatedly say: when WCW and ECW died, a lot of the people watching chose to move on than go to WWE or a new alternative (like the then-recently started ROH or the soon-to-start TNA)

Same thing continues to happen. When ROH lost Danielson and McGuinness, those fans that bailed on the company didn't go to TNA or WWE in support of their fav wrestler; they were demoralized and gave up on the sport entirely. And as indies get poached and poached, it doesn't draw in fans of the talent from the previous companies who weren't already watching WWE. Don't expect that to change if ROH or TNA goes belly up anytime soon.

As companies die, historically so does people's interest in the industry.

Top Bottom