• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Slizz

Anyone want to see The Great Muta stab Roman Reigns in the head with a fork? No? Too bad.

giphy.gif

Played as Eddie Guerreo yesterday, one of his moves is to pull a chair out and give it to the opponent then get on his knees screaming. Truly one of the best games ever made.

Catching up on some stuff:

Is Ember Moon the Glacier of NXT?

Also, the Metlzer report on how ratings being low is ok because every other product is doing well feels a bit dismissive. While those other things may be doing well I can't imagine they'd be able to keep up the level of schedule & scale without the money from their TV deal.

This report, http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/wwe...own-on-usa-network-syfy-exclusive-1201181154/, says they earn between 160 & 200 million for broadcasting rights. That's not something to downplay

Catching up on some stuff:

Is Ember Moon the Glacier of NXT?

Also, the Metlzer report on how ratings being low is ok because every other product is doing well feels a bit dismissive. While those other things may be doing well I can't imagine they'd be able to keep up the level of schedule & scale without the money from their TV deal.

This report, http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/wwe...own-on-usa-network-syfy-exclusive-1201181154/, says they earn between 160 & 200 million for broadcasting rights. That's not something to downplay

He mentions that. He says they'd have to cut down drastically if they completely lost TV. He's just saying there is no reason to believe now that they will or won't lose TV, because whether they will or won't will have much more to do with the state of the TV business as a whole than it will have to do with WWE.

And he mentions the head of USA, Bonnie Hammer, loves Vince, so they are much more likely to get a good deal if she's still in charge in 2019.

There's way too many variables to be actively predicting anything. That's his point.

Sanity might have the worst theme in NXT and it rivals The Club for worst in WWE

He mentions that. He says they'd have to cut down drastically if they completely lost TV. He's just saying there is no reason to believe now that they will or won't lose TV, because whether they will or won't will have much more to do with the state of the TV business as a whole than it will have to do with WWE.

And he mentions the head of USA, Bonnie Hammer, loves Vince, so they are much more likely to get a good deal if she's still in charge in 2019.

There's way too many variables to be actively predicting anything. That's his point.

Yeah that's definitely true. And if they're really beginning to hurt financially they have a lot of easy ways to cut back expenses (like not doing over the top stage sets for PPVs).

Foggy

Bonnie Hammer is a pretty amazing name for a tv exec.

Here's to hoping that when it gets to financial crunch time, Vince snatches the checkbook away from Haitch. The acquisitions and contracts have to reach an untennable saturation at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Bonnie Hammer is a pretty amazing name for a tv exec.

Here's to hoping that when it gets to financial crunch time, Vince snatches the checkbook away from Haitch. The acquisitions and contracts have to reach an untennable saturation at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Signing guys to $20k-$60k/year contracts is a drop in the bucket compared to some of their other expenses.

Sanity might have the worst theme in NXT and it rivals The Club for worst in WWE

Strongly disagree

I love the dissonance in that song. Random rhythm changes etc.

Speaking of music, I hate that PROGRESS is on to custom themes now. That said, they're infinitely better than Rev Pro's, and there's a couple of good ones. By and large though, they're unmemorable

Meltzer is talking about Charlotte like she's Pillman with saying she might need to be talked out of doing a moonsault off the top of the ladder like she's willing to shoot for the match.

Strongly disagree

I love the dissonance in that song. Random rhythm changes etc.

Speaking of music, I hate that PROGRESS is on to custom themes now. That said, they're infinitely better than Rev Pro's, and there's a couple of good ones. By and large though, they're unmemorable

If Progress is going on the Network, the custom themes are probably a WWE mandate.

Thanks for your help guys. Like OwensIsNow had it was mostly an anxiety flare, mostly brought on by accidentally listening to Sean Hannity for about 30 seconds.

Man, I know the correct thing to do when faced with him is turn him off, but man, as someone with major depression that's hard man. It's basically coming to terms with realizing there is someone out there that genuinely wants you dead.

Kaladin

I knew 5 Star were money marks the minute they started promoting shows using money produced from sales of a crappy game, none of this is a surprise.

Hell yes for SSS16 this weekend.

Jesus I thought the exact same thing. Why does he stick out as such a WWE signing above everyone else I wonder...

He doesn't have that young boy nervousness, he looks entirely ready to step up and definitely has some charisma there. Incidentally, I could also see them being interested in T-Hawk - I think he's got all the tools, he's just a bit of a blank slate personality-wise.

klonere

Banned
He doesn't have that young boy nervousness, he looks entirely ready to step up and definitely has some charisma there. Incidentally, I could also see them being interested in T-Hawk - I think he's got all the tools, he's just a bit of a blank slate personality-wise.

T-Hawk in WWE would be...interesting. He always reminds me of Orton in that it's clear he has an abundance of talent but isn't able to string it all together into an interesting package.

She legit wanted to do a moonsault spot in the Cell match

Ric never shut up about her wanting to do that back when I listened to his podcast.

Slizz

WWE going to have a NXT roster of about 150 way it is going

And all you'll get is Roman feuding with a singular person for 2 months, Dean doing the same, Alexa also, as well as, Kevin Owens and Corbin. All the while AJ/Sami/Bray job.

WWE going to have a NXT roster of about 150 way it is going

If you count guys at the PC who aren't on live events or TV, you'll get near that already. Over 100 for sure.

And all you'll get is Roman feuding with a singular person for 2 months, Dean doing the same, Alexa also, as well as, Kevin Owens and Corbin. All the while AJ/Sami/Bray job.

lol AJ drops one clean fall to Ziggler and now he's Sami/Bray "buried" material? Give me a break.

Kaladin

So I finished up the last Takeover last night finally and it was another good top to bottom show.

I got curious about Akam and Rezar as I knew nothing about them. Going in, I had the impression that they at least looked like brothers. I was wrong....they're not even from the same country. One is Canadian the other is Albanian. What is even crazier is that they are 24 and 22. They are crazy talented for their age and level of experience. Akam was a collegiate wrestler who was trying out for the Olympics before WWE called and Rezar was an MMA fighter who last fought for Bellator. Neither had previous pro wrestling experience.

Ground floor!
😗😗😗❤️
If Progress is going on the Network, the custom themes are probably a WWE mandate.

Yeah that's a likely option, but on the other hand they're still using Pete's Hot Tag theme instead of the CFO$ version, I'd assume if it was WWE they'd want them using WWE music.

Their given reason was that the fees are tired, and too many people are subbed to demand PROGRESS now that it was too expensive. Rev Pro did the same a few months back, and they've firmly put themselves in the NJPW camp over the WWE camp.

klonere

Banned
Maybe Regal will learn how to book fucking juniors, or a heavily story and character based promotion from all his Dragon Gate he's watching

aaaaaaaaarrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Beefy

They already do, most aren't on TV.

If you count guys at the PC who aren't on live events or TV, you'll get near that already. Over 100 for sure.

No wonder they losing money. Going to steal everyone and have way too many people on the roster.

Maybe Regal will learn how to book fucking juniors, or a heavily story and character based promotion from all his Dragon Gate he's watching

aaaaaaaaarrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

From the CWC I think it's clear that they know how to book juniors. Once it gets under Vince's eyes, well we all know how 205 Live is going.

Top Bottom