• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Buying up a ton of talent is something Vince has done before and it was when he wanted to crush other promotions and grow. Their "fear" is their dedicated fans finding out about Evolve, Progress, ROH, DDT, Stardom, etc, etc, etc and moving on from WWE.

Which is pretty baffling, as post-WCW and ECW going under showed, fans who bail on WWE are more likely to just bail on wrestling entirely

Those eyes didn't go to the debuting TNA or ROH, they just went away period. And that's a trend that's continued since. People who flee WWE, that million viewers (the decline from 3+ mil regular Raw watchers to barely over 2 mil)

WWE and their diehards can only ignore a problem for so long: Either stop actively killing people's interest in the whole industry (not just your own product), or realize that's what you're doing.

Which is pretty baffling, as post-WCW and ECW going under showed, fans who bail on WWE are more likely to just bail on wrestling entirely

Those eyes didn't go to the debuting TNA or ROH, they just went away period. And that's a trend that's continued since. People who flee WWE, that million viewers (the decline from 3+ mil regular Raw watchers to barely over 2 mil)

WWE and their diehards can only ignore a problem for so long: Either stop actively killing people's interest in the whole industry (not just your own product), or realize that's what you're doing.

I think the difference between then and now is it's far easier for fans to get into other feds due to so many OTT services. I still agree with you that fans who bail WWE likely bail on wrestling entirely, but with there being no shortage of ways to access other feds I can't imagine they all bail

Tall4Life

Dave was talking about them fighting for the UK Championship, not just fighting in general, come on now

some of you have it out for big dick dave

Slizz

This happened to me. Even when WWE, WCW, ECW all them were still relevant I'd remember hearing about NJPW but would never try and venture out. Also my age and access had something to do with that.

Now that I'm here and watching more indy promotions than WWE I feel like I missed some great stuff when I abandoned wrestling altogether early 2000's

My point is you don't need the UK championship to see that match. There isn't even any actual UK storylines, just random match ups.

Some of you have it out to defend BDD....

Kaladin

Watching Table For 3, I was sad to see Jim Cornette (I think it was him) mention that he wanted to see Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe in a submission match in front of Hayes......that means we'll likely never see it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Watching Table For 3, I was sad to see Jim Cornette (I think it was him) mention that he wanted to see Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe in a submission match in front of Hayes......that means we'll likely never see it.

Brock isn't going to do any match that requires effort and skill regardless.

Anth0ny

The key turning point in my #5years PREMONITION:

COLD DAY IN HELL 2019

TV deal comes up

Raw ratings are in the low-mid 1s

Whether WWE stays with USA or not, they get a SIGNIFICANT cut in their TV deal.

This will result in 1 of 2 things:

1. WWE actually smartens up, Vince steps down, and they seriously re-evaluate the presentation of the product. Triple H takes over, storylines have a semblance of logic, booking makes sense... they are on the road to recovery.

Or, the FUTURE REFUSES TO CHANGE:

2. Massive budget cuts are required. WWE can no longer afford a massive Wrestlemania stage every year. Full time talent is cut like crazy in order to be able to afford part time talent like Rock, Cena, Goldberg and Brock. No talent nobodies that never drew a dime like Gran Metallic, Sami Zayn, American Alpha and Shinsuke Nakamura are cut, among many others.

The entire NXT program, which has been bleeding money since day 1, is completely shut down. But Vince, the future? FUCK THE FUTURE, I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE NOW!

At around this time, Daniel Bryan's contract comes up and he heads to New Japan to wrestle. CM Punk decides to head there as well as a big "Fuck you" to WWE. All of the talent that was let go from WWE also head to New Japan, which has been steadily creating a larger and larger fanbase in the West.

COLD DAY IN HELL 2019

TV deal comes up

1. WWE actually smartens up, Vince steps down, and they seriously re-evaluate the presentation of the product. Triple H takes over, storylines have a semblance of logic, booking makes sense... they are on the road to recovery.

Or, the FUTURE REFUSES TO CHANGE:

2. Massive budget cuts are required. WWE can no longer afford a massive Wrestlemania stage every year. Full time talent is cut like crazy in order to be able to afford part time talent like Rock, Cena, Goldberg and Brock. No talent nobodies that never drew a dime like Gran Metallic, Sami Zayn, American Alpha and Shinsuke Nakamura are cut, among many others.

The entire NXT program, which has been bleeding money since day 1, is completely shut down. But Vince, the future? FUCK THE FUTURE, I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE NOW!

At around this time, Daniel Bryan's contract comes up and he heads to New Japan to wrestle. CM Punk decides to head there as well as a big "Fuck you" to WWE. All of the talent that was let go from WWE also head to New Japan, which has been steadily creating a larger and larger fanbase in the West.

Yes, New Japan is getting so popular they're almost at 2% of WWEs numbers when it comes to US subscribers of New Japan World.

Here's the truth - even if the WWE does, New Japan will be nothing more than a weeaboo thing in America. Period.

jmdajr

How much money does NJP make in a year?

At least over here, I bet you more people watch Dragon Ball Super than any Japanese wrestling. By millions.

Had fourth-row presale tickets to NXT Portland in my shopping cart, but then realized I had no interest in seeing Roode or AOP live, so just closed the tab.

Just garbage.

COLD DAY IN HELL 2019

TV deal comes up

I was following you up until this point. I don't think HHH is this booking savior some think he is. I think he'll do better and put up more compelling stuff, but I feel like they need someone not tied to the McMahons to run the in-ring product.

Sephzilla

I was following you up until this point. I don't think HHH is this booking savior some think he is. I think he'll do better and put up more compelling stuff, but I feel like they need someone not tied to the McMahons to run the in-ring product.

He's not, but he's better at it than Vince is, and the bonus upside is that he wouldn't be as stubborn as Vince is when it comes to other people having say.

The additional hidden bonus here is that Dunn would likely be gone too

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Vince has been doing this for too damn long, he's earned his retirement and should take it. Too bad he's an insane control freak.

Anth0ny

Yeah he wouldn't be a saviour, but with Vince/Dunn out of the picture, things would look a LOT better imo.

Look no further than NXT/CWC compared to Raw/205live

Sephzilla

Yep, NXT even with the huge losses to the roster it's had in the last year and a half has still managed to be generally a better product than main roster Raw. Admittedly part of that is that it doesn't need to fill a 3 hour program every week, but on the flipside Raw's problem isn't necessarily that its 3 hours long its that the stories they put in the 3 hour long show aren't any good

Heroman

Banned
Yep, NXT even with the huge losses to the roster it's had in the last year and a half has still managed to be generally a better product than main roster Raw. Admittedly part of that is that it doesn't need to fill a 3 hour program every week.
But it makes​ no money.

Yeah he wouldn't be a saviour, but with Vince/Dunn out of the picture, things would look a LOT better imo.

Look no further than NXT/CWC compared to Raw/205live

I'll forever maintain that how he does with 2-2.5 hours of content maximum a week is far from a good indicator that he'll achieve the same quality expanded to over 10 hours a week

Fox318

If Steve Austin, Conor McGregor, and the rock were on tv 3 hours a week they wouldn't be able to get over.

Brock being away with the title does more than anything anyone on the roster can do to make it mean something.

Anth0ny

I'll forever maintain that how he does with 2-2.5 hours of content maximum a week is far from a good indicator that he'll achieve the same quality expanded to over 10 hours a week

Honestly weekly NXT isn't very good at all. But Takeover is always legit.

Remember NXT's head writer when the weekly show was good is now on Smackdown.

Which is why Smackdown pre-shakeup was actually watchable. Now it seems like Vince has a more active role in the show.

Of course 1 hour of NXT won't transfer to 5 hours of Raw + Smackdown... but it would still be better. No doubt. Raw and Smackdown are the drizzling shits right now.

Heroman

Banned

Which is why Smackdown pre-shakeup was actually watchable. Now it seems like Vince has a more active role in the show.

Of course 1 hour of NXT won't transfer to 5 hours of Raw + Smackdown... but it would still be better. No doubt. Raw and Smackdown are the drizzling shits right now.
Vince has always been active in smackdown booking.

Slizz

18879808_505382543126030_8291577206950330368_n.jpg

Kaladin

Part of me actually things NXT benefits from it's rotating cast of characters. It keeps things fresh and unique and it never feels stale.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haitch will keep signing indie stars in his crowded '''''''''''''''''''''''promotion''''''''''''''''''''''''''' so he can tkae pictures and be praised as the messiah by reddit from people who dont like indie wrestling but want to feel like NXT is an alternative and sticking it to the WWE

Vince has always been active in SD and its booking, people just didn't pay attention because Styles had the belt. Now that he's not even in the picture and losing more often it's far more noticeable

Sephzilla

So, like, if Raw's rating goes any lower I think it will be officially lower than WCW Monday Ntiro was ever. So basically we're past WCW levels at this point and are on the way to TNA levels.

Dixie Carter is probably furious right now seeing WWE closing in on peak TNA levels

So, like, if Raw's rating goes any lower I think it will be officially lower than WCW Monday Ntiro was ever. So basically we're past WCW levels at this point and are on the way to TNA levels.

Dixie Carter is probably furious right now seeing WWE closing in on peak TNA levels

They're already at TNA's highest rating ever, it would just be falling to regular levels

Top Bottom