• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

klonere

Banned
Today feels a good day to start digging into some of Dean Malenko's best.

It's funny. A week after TakeOver: The End, and and it doesn't feel like anything is sticking in my head.

I watched it back a few days ago.

I don't think it was very good only the Alpha tag match piqued my interest. Everything else felt like background noise, which is in line with how NXT has been for most of the year.

kotr2.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RE7 looks good. No reason to hate a perspective change.

Those "VR experiences" Sony is touting looks godawful and we all know what they'll actually be.

I'm glad they're trying something different though. They've driven the RE4 style into the ground.

Different? They've done this many, many times in RE

Are Crash Fans the Kane fans of videog ames? Or is that Sonic?
You shut you filthy mouth, don't compare the eternal Kane with flash in the pan Crash!

....I'm sorry slightconfuse, that just slipped put.

Definitely Sonic.

Crash fans are people who want something that was never all that great to begin with to be a bigger deal; which obviously makes them the Dolph Ziggler fans of video games.
See Xeno gets it, Kane is more like Sonic, was at his best in the early days and dealt with a lot of dodgy booking that would destroy a lesser man/series.

So friends... God of War... I'm not sure how i feel. It visually looks fucking great and I like that they're seemingly putting more emphasis on story but... that gameplay looks bland.
I do like that the blades of chaos are finally gone, those things felt like using sharp bits of paper on ropes for all the impact they had.

A bit intrigued by the new perspective/combat, not at all by potential cinematic focus.

John Cena can put a fucker over on the mic like no one else. Can't give him enough credit for his work these past years.
Corp Kane aside Cena's promo worl was easily the highlight of Raw, I think I'm becoming a genuine fan of gatekeeper veteran Cena protecting his spot from these vanilla midgets.

I'll give the game a chance, but David Cage tackling a Blade Runner-esque topic is almost destined for some unintentional hilarity.
This is actually the most compelling reason I've heard for me to be interested.

Fucked up of them to bring back Kane during the Sony conference so there was no fucking chance anybody'd watch him, ratings would go down, and he'd be re-sent back away from TV
It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

Hex

Banned
Only in a Nintendo thread can you have someone (wasn't me) shit on for saying one of the presenters were attractive, while at the same time people are fapping over a picture of Link in shorts diving into water.
I think I will wait to watch the presentation later lol

Only in a Nintendo thread can you have someone (wasn't me) shit on for saying one of the presenters were attractive, while at the same time people are fapping over a picture of Link in shorts diving into water.
I think I will wait to watch the presentation later lol
And these are grown fucking men. Wtf man?

XenoRaven

You shut you filthy mouth, don't compare the eternal Kane with flash in the pan Crash!

....I'm sorry slightconfuse, that just slipped put.

See Xeno gets it, Kane is more like Sonic, was at his best in the early days and dealt with a lot of dodgy booking that would destroy a lesser man/series.

I do like that the blades of chaos are finally gone, those things felt like using sharp bits of paper on ropes for all the impact they had.

A bit intrigued by the new perspective/combat, not at all by potential cinematic focus.

Corp Kane aside Cena's promo worl was easily the highlight of Raw, I think I'm becoming a genuine fan of gatekeeper veteran Cena protecting his spot from these vanilla midgets.

This is actually the most compelling reason I've heard for me to be interested.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya.
I made Sonic/Kane crossover fan art for SoulPlaya once. Let me see if I can find it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New God of War did not impress me at all. It's gorgeous, but that Last of Us camera and stiff ass combat turned me off.

Fucking booooring same old shit, mechanically.

God of War has always been pretty crummy past the second one. And this is what, the sixth one? Seventh? Fucking retire.

Sephzilla

I honestly just wanted God of War 4 to be a game where the Norse Gods show up after the events of GoW3, they tell Kratos to go get fucked, and then Kratos ends up being like

tumblr_myhqrspQq21shf9jmo1_400.gif

And then he beats Thor to death Thor's own hammer. I'm not that hype on the slower looking gameplay and Kratos effectively being Joel from Last of Us.

Different? They've done this many, many times in RE

I guess I meant I'm happy it doesn't seem to be another RE4/5/6 styled game?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh my god Zelda has loot, an open world, jumping, voice acting, and weapon durability

so fresh ,zelda 10/10 saves gaming again

I honestly just wanted God of War 4 to be a game where the Norse Gods show up after the events of GoW3, they tell Kratos to go get fucked, and then Kratos ends up being like

And then he beats Thor to death Thor's own hammer. I'm not that hype on the slower looking gameplay and Kratos effectively being Joel from Last of Us.

Mid game Joel wakes up from his dream and you're actually playing The Last of Us 2 for the second half of the game.

Sephzilla

I really want to be excited for Zelda but god damn, it's hard to these days. Every time the "Zelda is new/fresh/different" shit comes along it ends up being nothing more than one stupid gimmick addition while nothing else changes. The last time Zelda actually felt fresh was Ocarina of Time.

djgtu52.gif

XenoRaven

Our only hope is that the stupid kid dies and Kratos makes everyone pay. And I mean everyone. Especially people who had nothing to do with it.

Hex

Banned
I really want to be excited for Zelda but god damn, it's hard to these days. Every time the "Zelda is new/fresh/different" shit comes along it ends up being nothing more than one stupid gimmick addition while nothing else changes. The last time Zelda actually felt fresh was Ocarina of Time.

djgtu52.gif

The new one on stream is looking fantastic...but....well....boring.
Though I am sure it is only because it is a noob area.

Hex

Banned
Oh my god Zelda has loot, an open world, jumping, voice acting, and weapon durability

so fresh ,zelda 10/10 saves gaming again

Oh so Zelda has caught up to last generations game mechanics?
Well happy fucking birthday.
It looks great so far but do not jump into hyperbole territory, it does not suit anyone.

Zach

You guys suck. Love yooouuu.

Games I'm probably maybe most definitely gonna buy this year:

INSIDE
XCOM 2
Mafia III
The Last Guardian

On my Watch List 2016:

Abzu
No Man's Sky
Bound
ReCore
Watch Dogs 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Steep

Top contenders for my Watch List 2016 if they actually get a release date soon:

Below
Cuphead
Dead Rising 4
Mother Russia Bleeds

Hex

Banned
I think the one thing I like most about the new Zelda is that you can do whatever you want at your pace. Wander around and just fuck around, it is all good.
I like that.

Top Bottom