• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
flipswitch said:
I was going to post this in the demo thread but decided to do it here.

Regarding the demo, I have the ps3 version and I'm experiencing pauses during gameplay especially when there's action on screen that's very noticeable.Just wondering if this is the same with you guys, and if it's in the final version of the game.

thanks.

I haven't noticed it, myself. I've only played the PS3 demo.

By the way, how do you stay grappled to something like the flying gas canisters?
I shoot them, attach to them but they launch and my cord keeps going until I run out and I don't fly away with them or anything cool like that. Dammit.

LovingSteam said:
I have a huge favor to ask one of you since I can't seem to get it to work. Is there anyway to get the images that I posted to be labeled with "Just Cause 2" and to all have the same border like this:

wl4xol.jpg

Other threads the images are all placed very orderly and share the same border. Can someone here perhaps help me with that?

You can easily find photoshop tutorials or even elements on how to do those type of borders.

However, if you're lazy, I would recommend getting this :
http://www.ulead.com/pi/

Snuggler said:
I haven't noticed it, myself. I've only played the PS3 demo.

By the way, how do you stay grappled to something like the flying gas canisters?
I shoot them, attach to them but they launch and my cord keeps going until I run out and I don't fly away with them or anything cool like that. Dammit.
You have to aim for the very top of the canister.

$40 in Canada on March 23. I hope I can find a copy.

flipswitch: I've played the PS3 demo about a dozen times now, and I have yet to experience any problems with stuttering or pausing. Maybe delete and reinstall the demo?

Weird thing happened.I went and played the demo for a good 40mins or so, done a lot of carnage etc to test it and it seems fine now.

The only other problem I have is that the car/bike controls are on the laggy side, but on foot controls are fine.

I think the reason being that it's vsynced.How awesome was the trailer after the demo finished, definitely had me impressed. I'll try not and talk about the demo in this thread now.

Good to also see both demos run at a good framerate.

Jaroof

Awesome thread, OP!
The name doesn't really do the game any justice, though..

Seriously, I can't wait for this game.

Jaroof said:
Awesome thread, OP!
The name doesn't really do the game any justice, though..

Seriously, I can't wait for this game.

Heh yea we had soo many different titles and nothing really stuck out.
I think its going to be interesting if those of us who have spent 5-10 hours on the demo are burnt out by the time the actual game releases next week. Hopefully not lol.

RotBot said:
Somebody's streaming the 360 version right now.

http://slayer.pro/

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

He just dove from REALLY REALLY high, and tried to land in the water only he completely missed, and crushed his face on the hull of a boat...

...and died. rofl. How do you miss WATER? :lol

Q8D3vil

am going to buy this game on pc master race
but i don't know if am getting the limited edition box ( it will take 2 weeks after the release date or steam ).

Net_Wrecker said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

He just dove from REALLY REALLY high, and tried to land in the water only he completely missed, and crushed his face on the hull of a boat...

...and died. rofl. How do you miss WATER? :lol

Little Guy!! LOL!!

Ehhhh, the only thing I'm not liking from this Live Stream is that the night part of the day/night cycle seems MUCH shorter than the day part. It's like 30 minutes of dawn till sundown, then 10 minutes of night. :(

MrTroubleMaker said:
the demo is the same way, night goes way fast compared to day, hopefully there will be a pc fix for that

I figured that was just for the demo since most of the time the night would begin right as the demo is finishing so they sped it up a bit, but it seems the same in the stream. That sucks. It should be a balanced 50 minute cycle.

EDIT: Hmmmm, according to the podcast on the official site, the full game is actually different from the demo day/night cycle. They say that day in the demo is slower than the full game and night is sped up, but it didn't look so different on the stream. Oh well, I'll just wait until Tuesday.

pr0cs

I can't wait for the game release, I'm trying to catch up on my backlog and I'm finding I'd rather just wait for the JC2 game instead.

The first Steam game I bought pre-release, I'm going to play it with the non-official Dualshock3 drivers to save some dough.

Numpt3

Been looking forward to this since forever, can't wait! With any luck the hut will continue they're tradition and ship it early so i can get started with bolo santooooosi! :lol

confused

Banned
For the people in Holland, Mediaoffer.nl has the pc version up for 29.99 Euros. Addiscount codes can be applied to get 25% off bringing the price down to 22.50 Euros.

NIN90

Nice OP!

Any US GAFer wanna help me out?
I need a US resident to gift me the game on Steam. I'll transfer the money to you immediately on paypal with a little tip on top of it.

Win/Win for us both. You earn a little extra money and I get the game earlier (US release on march 23, Euro release on march 26).
Let's do this before the 10% off preorder deal expires.

PM me!

NIN90 said:
Nice OP!

Any US GAFer wanna help me out?
I need a US resident to gift me the game on Steam. I'll transfer the money to you immediately on paypal with a little tip on top of it.

Win/Win for us both. You earn a little extra money and I get the game earlier (US release on march 23, Euro release on march 26).
Let's do this before the 10% off preorder deal expires.

PM me!

I will do it

Mad Max

I'm supprised that this game is basicly getting 0 hype here on GAF, since judging from the demo this could easily be one of the best games this year.

Harteex

CrazedArabMan said:
I'm debating whether I will rent it or not, with the K-mart $44 dollar deal, I might have to pick it up.

I think this is a kind of game where you can spend a lot of time. Just exploring itself might give you a lot of play time, because of how large the map is.

Dynoro

Cannot wait for this - the demo was so much fun also
Bolo Santosi!

Bet there will be a ton of mods for this badboy

Harteex said:
I think this is a kind of game where you can spend a lot of time. Just exploring itself might give you a lot of play time, because of how large the map is.

No doubt, what killed a definite sale was the lack of co-op even though I've put in at least 10 hours + in the demo (did the time glitch and completed all towns 100% and all missions). But I need to save my money for all of the other games coming out this year. I was going to rent it but I have an exam and a paper due after it comes out, then I will have Conviction coming out after that. So right now I don't know what I will do yet.

dorkimoe

still on the fence on this. apparently its on sale for 44$ at kmart day 1. Demo looked amazing, just didnt like the constant getting attacked by people

Harteex

CrazedArabMan said:
No doubt, what killed a definite sale was the lack of co-op

Yea that was a big disappointment

dorkimoe said:
still on the fence on this. apparently its on sale for 44$ at kmart day 1. Demo looked amazing, just didnt like the constant getting attacked by people

If they aren't looking for you (the alert meter or whatever it's called, is empty) and you don't enter military facilities or similar, I don't think they will attack you. You should be able to for example hang around normal towns etc.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
One thing I couldn't figure out how to do in the demo is the attack the grapple to two different objects people, like a civilian to a helicopter or whatever.
Once I figure it out, first thing I'm doing is attaching a civilian to a gas canister and shooting it so he goes flying into the sky, if that's possible it'll be worth the $60 just to see it.
I can't wait for this game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gotcha, so you could like hang people from objects Batman style.
I'm gonna try and hang a dood from a radio tower of something then crash a helicopter into him. The possibilities are endless.

reetva

Banned
It's funny how a character who has had less than twenty spoken lines of dialog (I'm guessing here) presented to the public has become iconic.

Party on, Bolo Santosi.
Party on.

jet1911

Snuggler said:
Gotcha, so you could like hang people from objects Batman style.
I'm gonna try and hang a dood from a radio tower of something then crash a helicopter into him. The possibilities are endless.

Even better if you have the PC version. :p

JustCause2_2010-03-15_22-11-14-61.jpg

EL Beefo

This is not only the first pc game I've pre-ordered, but the first time I'm buying a pc game on release. Usually I wait until steam has great sales to buy stuff but this game is to good, and I love the support they're giving the pc version already. Can't wait!

UFRA

HamPster PamPster said:
can you combine this with the $10 off at kmart from the other thread?

Just cause 2 for $35 say it's so!!

Have you checked that K-Mart thread recently?

Turns out the coupon was a misprint, they corrected it, and if you try to use it now you'll probably get accused of fraud or something.

Top Bottom