• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Struct09

Snuggler said:
My favorite thing about them is that they have flat asses so don't get pressed when you set the controller down. I accidentally killed a merchant in Demon's Souls because of that :( .

:lol I had the same problem with Demon's Souls. Eventually I learned that whenever I needed to set the controller down I had do it very carefully.

Alright, this game has been getting my attention lately, yet I have no idea about it or the original game. The game looks pretty damn awesome.

Tell me GAF experts, is it worth playing the first 1, in terms of the story? or should I just jump in with this sequel?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I never played the first but I don't think you have to worry about the story, judging from the demo I'll probably be tempted to hit the SKIP CUTSCENE button whenever it comes up.

Bernbaum

Came in here to ask whether the first Just Cause was an essential play before getting stuck into the sequel - happy to hear I'll be just fine.

Game looks great. I've been itching for something like this since finishing last year's excellent Red Faction Guerilla.

For me this is the most fun destruction sandbox game since Incredible Hulk : Ultimate Destruction.

In other sandbox games i play its a bit grounded and i feel compelled to not go nuts in the destruction or involve the civilians. I never liked hurting people in GTAs, inFamous, etc.

But this is so crazy and presented so over the top the destruction (i still try to not hit civis) is a lot more guilt free fun :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm the exact opposite, I love hurting civilians, it's like a sport to me.
I can't wait to see what kind of creative ways I can terrorize them in this game, grappling them to a helicopter then dropping it from the sky is one of my current ideas.

UFRA

Maybe the OP could mention something about "Don't bother buying the first JC because it was rubbish and this one is 5,000,000x better."

It seems a lot of people ask if they should buy it.

DrBo42

Really enjoyed the demo, will most likely pick it up. I've read somewhere on here that this is practically the developer's last ditch effort to stay alive, is that true?

reetva

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Really enjoyed the demo, will most likely pick it up. I've read somewhere on here that this is practically the developer's last ditch effort to stay alive, is that true?
Not sure if that's true, but it sounds feasible. I don't think that JC1 was very successful and they spent the extra time and effort (and, therefore, money) porting it to next gen consoles. I guess that if they go out on this game, it would be better than going out on the first. I think that this will succeed, though. A lot of people bought and enjoyed the demo. Releasing it at the tail end of March was kind of dumb, though. Well, we'll see! :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Maybe it won't sell millions but this game seems to be getting a lot of world of mouth and the demo was pretty popular, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sleeper hit.
Either way, I just hope we don't lose another studio.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Demo's awesome, but I'm not too sure if the game is $60 awesome. I think I'm going to wait for a price drop or two, but I can definitely say the demo shot the game onto my radar. :lol

ezekial45

Banned
I can't believe this game has
Ninjas. Complete with smoke bombs, katanas, and sub-machine guns.
So random, yet so awesome. :lol

Dineren

Banned
Just ordered for PS3 on Amazon. I have yet to find a sandbox game I really enjoy for any length of time. Hopefully this one is different, usually you have to grind out a bunch of boring missions to get to the cool stuff, but at least based on the demo it seems most of it is unlocked from the start.

TheSeks said:
Demo's awesome, but I'm not too sure if the game is $60 awesome. I think I'm going to wait for a price drop or two, but I can definitely say the demo shot the game onto my radar. :lol

Look at the Kmart ad, they got it for 45 bucks, and if you don't have a Kmart by you, you might be able to print the ad out and get a price match somewhere else.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was addicted to the first one. Skydiving was just too fun. Gonna go preorder this from amazon right now. Can't wait.

I am not sure which console to get it on. PS3 has youtube support so its probably the way I am going to go... but the 360 has achievements argghhh

MThanded said:
I was addicted to the first one. Skydiving was just too fun. Gonna go preorder this from amazon right now. Can't wait.

I am not sure which console to get it on. PS3 has youtube support so its probably the way I am going to go... but the 360 has achievements argghhh

PS3 has trophies ;)

RS4-

Mate picked up the ps3 version at the flea market... flying the planes are pretty bad =\

It took quite some time to get used to the floaty kind of feeling.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Did anyone else really enjoy the first game too?

The sheer size of this map is going to keep me busy for a long as time. Not because of the missions but because of the massively varied terrain.

Edit: guess my decision has been made for me. After seeing how easy it is to record and upload on the ps3 it definitely looks like the way to go.

Denzar

So, this game hits this week huh?

WAY sooner then what I expected?

Anybody had the chance to picj it up somewhere already?

I wanna know just how bad the voice acting really is.

UFRA

I hope there's an option to make it so that the camera isn't "locked" with the orientation of the planes. (i.e. when you do a barrel roll, the camera also does a barrel roll with the plane)

For me, although it's technically more 'realistic' like you're actually experiencing the flight, I'd rather have it so that the plane can roll and turn and my camera stays horizontal. It's just easier to see and understand what's going on.

Otherwise I'll just have to get used to it.

UFRA

Oh dear God.... I just noticed the box art in the OP.

I'm purchasing this at GameStop, but now I'm worried if there's going to be some stupid ass "FREE this and that" comment on the actual box art.

I first experienced this when I bought FUEL from GameStop. In the bottom corner of the ACTUAL box art, it said "Exclusive access to the blah blah truck in-game with GameStop!"

I couldn't believe it. I hate stupid crap like that. They used to just put a sticker on the plastic wrap instead so you take it off when you open the game. Now, they're getting all crafty and printing it permanantly on the damn art.

Maybe K-Mart will get my business on this instead even if I have to drive 20 miles extra to find the only existing K-Mart in my county. :/

Edit: I'm getting the regular version, not the LE. Hopefully the standard edition is free of this crap.

Fox318

Pre-ordered it from walmart. Won't get it till next week foe some strange reason. That hovercraft just looks sick.

oh jesus. the demo was amazing. this game hits all the points that made me love Red Faction Guerrilla so much, except replace knocking over buildings with a sledgehammer with grappling hooks and parachutes.

you can't walk five feet in this game without something ridiculous happening.

bathala

Banned
Fox318 said:
Pre-ordered it from walmart. Won't get it till next week foe some strange reason. That hovercraft just looks sick.
there's a video of that hovercraft when it showed it to go from sea to land.

Do you have to preorder the game to get the code. i just want to pick up around 6am

stump sock said:
oh jesus. the demo was amazing. this game hits all the points that made me love Red Faction Guerrilla so much, except replace knocking over buildings with a sledgehammer with grappling hooks and parachutes.

you can't walk five feet in this game without something ridiculous happening.
Well you could, but what would the fun be in that? I been mountain climbing like a motherfucker.

Krakn3Dfx

I've put many, many hours into the PC demo, can't wait to see the rest of the island/s.

I actually really liked the first game, janky as hell, but still a lot of fun to be had if you could get past the repetitive nature of the missions.

Salaadin

Shit, I forgot about this. I have a 10 dollar amazon credit. I wonder If I should use it on this or wait to grab JC2 on a Steam sale or something....

Top Bottom