• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

UFRA

HOLY SHIT, seriously.

How many freakin' hoops do I have to jump through to link my PSN account to the Just Cause 2 website?

WTF....

I give it my PSN info, then it asks me to login to my "Eidos Connect" account. I put in my JC2 website account, no good. I put in my Eidos forum account, no good. I click register, and fill out the boxes, it says that my email and username are already in use. WELL, THAT MUST BE ME THEN YOU IDIOTS.

So annoying...just a simple account linking turned into a mess. Plus, when I click register, the whole website switches languages. Something is messed up.

Anyone get this to work?

deadnoob

After playing the demo about 5 times and holding onto my $50 walmart giftcard from the 360 elite, I took the plunge. Installing to the hd and downloading Weekend Confirmed. Let spring break begin :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
UFRA said:
Anyone get this to work?

I want to but I think I accidentally threw out my registration code.
I like the whole online connectivity thing but I wish that they could just keep it simple and let us log in with our PSN/XBL/whatever accounts.

Installing to the hd and downloading Weekend Confirmed. Let spring break begin

Enjoy, you made a good choice today, possibly the best of your life.

UFRA said:
Yeah, no kidding, wtf?

At least 2-3 people posted about how the DS3 is just unbearable and what not, yet this opinion can't be had for 360...sometimes you make me wonder, GAF.

didn't see those fanboys as well. I love all three of my consoles equally. Amazingly, I always buy 360 cross platform games as I like the achievements and prefer the 360 controller but cuz of the PS3 raves on this one I went with that version. I like the PS3 controller but I like the 360 slightly better. The ravings of fanboys is pathetic as the majority of them wishes they could have more than one console.

Harteex

UFRA said:
HOLY SHIT, seriously.

How many freakin' hoops do I have to jump through to link my PSN account to the Just Cause 2 website?

WTF....

I give it my PSN info, then it asks me to login to my "Eidos Connect" account. I put in my JC2 website account, no good. I put in my Eidos forum account, no good. I click register, and fill out the boxes, it says that my email and username are already in use. WELL, THAT MUST BE ME THEN YOU IDIOTS.

So annoying...just a simple account linking turned into a mess. Plus, when I click register, the whole website switches languages. Something is messed up.

Anyone get this to work?

Worked with my 360 gamertag at least. First I got sent to a login page at live.com, then redirected to some eidos page, where I entered the just cause website login again, and it worked.

Although, I had to log out and log in again to get my stats to show up.

UFRA said:
Yeah, no kidding, wtf?

At least 2-3 people posted about how the DS3 is just unbearable and what not, yet this opinion can't be had for 360...sometimes you make me wonder, GAF.

He said the DS3 is perfect. No one, no matter how rabid a fanboy should ever be able to say that with a straight face unless they're just trolling, which judging by his shitty 360 CPU comment that he plucked from his arse is precisely what he was doing.

brain_stew said:
He said the DS3 is perfect. No one, no matter how rabid a fanboy should ever be able to say that with a straight face unless they're just trolling, which judging by his shitty 360 CPU comment that he plucked from his arse is precisely what he was doing.

he's probably just having a bad day

Messi

Hey I have a 360 collectors edition code from the EU version of jc2 that I don't want. It contains all the preorder stuff from the US. Its called the black Market pack... I think.

I am looking for something specific in trade for it though :), is anyone here an artist? someone who can draw cartoon/pinup style cartoons? I just want one picture of my gf in that style its for a part in her birthday present.

PM me for more deets :D

Edit: I also meant to say that I only want the pic digitally. Please only serious enquirys

Also Just cause 2 is amazing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hey how about we shut the fuck up about all this silly console nonsense and get back to talking about this awesome game and maybe even post some more youtube clips.

Pimpbaa

Hey how about we shut the fuck up about all this silly console nonsense and get back to talking about this awesome game and maybe even post some more youtube clips.

Good idea. Or get back to playing the game, which I am going to do now.

L0st Id3ntity, nope it's not an exaggeration or sarcasm. The engine is really, really nice and if you look back a page or two brain_stew has put up some settings to try so you get a decent framerate with slightly lowered eye candy.

It's running lovely on my Q6600@3.02, 4gb ram and a HD5770@1680x1050. I ran two of the benchmarks earlier and had 60fps average for the Desert Sunrise one and 48fps average for the Dark Tower. In-game, there has to be a lot going on for it to start to choke and noticably drop frames. YMMV of course but it's certainly a decent engine.

Very nice, well done Avalanche, well bloody done indeed.

Salaadin

EdwardTivrusky said:
L0st Id3ntity, nope it's not an exaggeration or sarcasm. The engine is really, really nice and if you look back a page or two brain_stew has put up some settings to try so you get a decent framerate with slightly lowered eye candy.

It's running lovely on my Q6600@3.02, 4gb ram and a HD5770@1680x1050. I ran two of the benchmarks earlier and had 60fps average for the Desert Sunrise one and 48fps average for the Dark Tower. In-game, there has to be a lot going on for it to start to choke and noticably drop frames. YMMV of course but it's certainly a decent engine.

Very nice, well done Avalanche, well bloody done indeed.

And heres brain_stews post:

CLICK ME!

L0st Id3ntity said:
Thanks, I'll get the pc version shortly then.

I hope that was not sarcasm :lol

Its possibly the best PC version of a multi platform game released this generation, they did a great job. Check out my tweak guide linked in the op if you're not sure what settings to mess with.

It can look absolutely stunning at times and the engine is really flexible considering how well it adapts to different environments and how it scales to different hardware.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, the environments are gorgeous even on the consoles versions.
It's at it's best when you're at a high peak or in an aircraft and you look down over Pinaararue and you can see all the mountains and trees and rivers and cities, sooo nice. The only thing that bugs me with the console versions is the pop in, if you're at a certain altitude the trees start popping in and out.

Snuggler said:
Yeah, the environments are gorgeous even on the consoles versions.
It's at it's best when you're at a high peak or in an aircraft and you look down over Pinaararue and you can see all the mountains and trees and rivers and cities, sooo nice. The only thing that bugs me with the console versions is the pop in, if you're at a certain altitude the trees start popping in and out.

the shear scope of this place is fucking ridiculous

29g0m55.jpg

:D

Holy crap, what the fuck is up with the island in the top left? I was flying over it and I must of got hit by a missile or something and I had to abandon my plane. Then I was running around with scary ass radio sounds playing and me being lost in a jungle, then I found these weird ass statues and city. That may have been the most scared I've been playing a video game in a while :lol .

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
sarcoa said:
Just spent a good hour bailing out of my helicopter and then trying to reboard it in midair freefall. I'm sure someone's already done this and posted it, but dammit, I'm proud.
Nice. I've done that a few times but the whirlybirds are always messed up when I get it and the just keep spiraling towards the ground when I try to drive it.

Holy crap, what the fuck is up with the island in the top left? I was flying over it and I must of got hit by a missile or something and I had to abandon my plane.

Your plane was a sacrifice that the island demanded.

k89.jpg

Messi

Liquid Helium said:
Holy crap, what the fuck is up with the island in the top left? I was flying over it and I must of got hit by a missile or something and I had to abandon my plane. Then I was running around with scary ass radio sounds playing and me being lost in a jungle, then I found these weird ass statues and city. That may have been the most scared I've been playing a video game in a while :lol .

:lol The island demanded it. Don't forget to imput the numbers.

It might of been answered but does the Xbox 360 controller work with the PC version?

I have a wired 360 pad for my PC I use for all my emulators (and it also works with 360).

Thanks

Snuggler said:
Nice. I've done that a few times but the whirlybirds are always messed up when I get it and the just keep spiraling towards the ground when I try to drive it.

Your plane was a sacrifice that the island demanded.

[GMI]http://i39.tinypic.com/k89.jpg[/IMG]
Oh, its a lost reference? That's pretty awesome of the devs.
Also, there's a weird alien looking city in lost?

UFRA

sarcoa said:
Just spent a good hour bailing out of my helicopter and then trying to reboard it in midair freefall. I'm sure someone's already done this and posted it, but dammit, I'm proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ot5JzZhc7M

Wow nice, I haven't succeeded at this yet, I gotta keep trying.

I liked the nice touch in the beginning with the random car attached to your chopper and the car alarm sounding as the cable snaps and it just goes flying back down to earth. :lol

sarcoa

UFRA said:
Wow nice, I haven't succeeded at this yet, I gotta keep trying.

I liked the nice touch in the beginning with the random car attached to your chopper and the car alarm sounding as the cable snaps and it just goes flying back down to earth. :lol
:lol my original goal with that specific attempt was the make a run for the car, but that thing dropped like a rock. The chopper is a bit more manageable. :D

elwes

sarcoa said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ot5JzZhc7M

Nice!

I've been trying to do a variation of this for the last hour. I think I'm done. Too frustrating to find a helicopter, find a tuk-tuk, tether it without drawing heat, then spend 3-4 minutes getting enough air so when I finally jump out of the helicopter and attempt to latch onto the tuk-tuk, I can have some quality time with it as it plummets to the ground.

However, for some reason, any and all things that aren't you or a helicopter fall 753 times as fast. So fast that by the time I can jump out of the helicopter and snap the tether, it's a good 50 feet in front of me already. WTF?

So then I tried to whip the tuk-tuk around in the air, hoping that maybe I could time it right and whip it so it goes straight into the air, then I'd have extra time to tether to it.

All that ended up doing was slingshotting it a few miles into the distance and bouncing it off of some weird looking blimp.

*sigh*

Someday I'll ride that tuk-tuk to hell. :(

Audioboxer87 said:
It might of been answered but does the Xbox 360 controller work with the PC version?

I have a wired 360 pad for my PC I use for all my emulators (and it also works with 360).

Thanks

Plug and play, with icons and everything and if you fancy using your mouse to pop off a few quick headshots you can as well and it'll even switch the sensitivity/icons/auto aim in real time for you as well. PC version is so damn good.

Audioboxer87 said:
Just noticed this, crap, that looks like awesome fun :D

Not really been following JC2 much, so is the general consensus a marginal improvement on the first?

:lol

Nah, more like the biggest turnaround in a game this whole generation!

elwes said:
Nice!

I've been trying to do a variation of this for the last hour. I think I'm done. Too frustrating to find a helicopter, find a tuk-tuk, tether it without drawing heat, then spend 3-4 minutes getting enough air so when I finally jump out of the helicopter and attempt to latch onto the tuk-tuk, I can have some quality time with it as it plummets to the ground.

However, for some reason, any and all things that aren't you or a helicopter fall 753 times as fast. So fast that by the time I can jump out of the helicopter and snap the tether, it's a good 50 feet in front of me already. WTF?

So then I tried to whip the tuk-tuk around in the air, hoping that maybe I could time it right and whip it so it goes straight into the air, then I'd have extra time to tether to it.

All that ended up doing was slingshotting it a few miles into the distance and bouncing it off of some weird looking blimp.

*sigh*

Someday I'll ride that tuk-tuk to hell. :(

You could try using the BOLO patch and setting your rope to unbreakable so that the tuk tuk stays tethered to the chopper and then once you're in the tuk-tuk deactive unbreakable rope's and it should snap off. Assuming you have access to the PC version.

Audioboxer87 said:
Just noticed this, crap, that looks like awesome fun :D

Not really been following JC2 much, so is the general consensus a marginal improvement on the first?
Oh no, there's nothing marginal about the improvements they've made. :)
If you liked the first one, you'll love this one. The grappling is better, the physics is better, the audio is better and you won't regret it on any platform but i can only speak for the PC.

Can someone clarify if the sweet, sweet music is present when you take a flight up high?

UFRA said:
Speaking of the map, has anyone noticed weird flickering while looking at the map or during a black market extraction??

I'll be looking at the map and like random black 'flashes' happen on the screen. It sometimes happens in the Pause Menu too. Doesn't happen during gameplay, and none of my other games do it. My PS3 is only a couple months old too since I replaced my original 60GB.

I'm quoting this from a few pages back but, yeah, that's been happening to me as well. Sometimes happens in the pause screen as well.

Sanic

FuttBuck said:
The Bolo chick just said to me during the start of a mission: "I'm going to ride him raw" :lol

She has the best lines in the game. Seriously, almost every mission from her has some kind of cornball, quoteable line :lol

Artadius

This probably won't last... but I'm going to toot my own horn while its up there. Gamestats are live on the JC2 website and you can link with your profile.

b653r5.jpg

/flex

Artadius said:
This probably won't last... but I'm going to toot my own horn while its up there. Gamestats are live on the JC2 website and you can link with your profile.

/flex

Oh sweet, didn't think they'd tie this in with the PC version as well. Signing up now.

Heart Steamworks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Way to go, Artadius. I have to wait til monday :(

BOLO patch users- can you set it up so you have unlimited tethers but no other advantages, and play through the game/story/missions as normal?

Top Bottom