• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League Vs Suicide Squad announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
X-Men would crush The Avengers in a fight. Magneto could solo most The Avengers himself.
Depends on which versions of the teams and which OP characters are involved. Starbrand could solo the X-Men, Mags included, if Phoenix isn't in play. Worldbreaker Hulk did solo the X-Men hard already :p (no Mags though)

Ivan 3414

jla27c.jpg

That's really how she talked back then?

It does make thematic sense, consdering the idea behind the Squad is Covert Mission for the Us government. If the Government wanted to take out the Justice League sending in the squad would work for a variety of reasons.

The JLU handles this far more logically. The SS/Task Force X is sent on a covert mission to steal something from the JL Watchtower, they plan the mission around the softest time in the JL's hero rotation (factoring in that the mind reading MM is always on site), and they blend in among the hundreds of faceless red shirts who would logically have to be employed to staff a facility that size.

When they are confronted by street level heroes they are able to hold their own, the artifact they steal (the Annihilator armor) just so happens to be strong enough to keep the one other super powered leaguer off their backs, but when they run into MM (and Captain Atom, whom they didn't anticipate), they only get away by sacrificing one of their members and running.

https://youtu.be/FnUohGDIzog

When the government/Waller get serious about taking out the actual League, they send Power Girl and an army of super powered clones.

Slayven

Am I the only one that sees Batman as asexual? Like the only viable love interest is the anthropomorphic representative of Gotham?

PSqueak

Banned
Am I the only one that sees Batman as asexual? Like the only viable love interest is the anthropomorphic representative of Gotham?

I think most people think that would be the logical outcome for batman, but they keep writing him as having sexual urges from time to time.

Angel_DvA

Damn !!! Batman is still standing like the hero we deserved, get your shit together Sup and stop dying every fucking time...

Sagroth

I mean, Fabok is a great artist, but Suicide Squad vs Justice League is such an immensely unbalanced matchup as to be ridiculous. I can't see how this is a story without an immense asspull.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Batman is asexual. This is the only thing that makes sense. Anything else either comes off as forced at best, creepy as fuck at worst.

Ross61

I mean, Fabok is a great artist, but Suicide Squad vs Justice League is such an immensely unbalanced matchup as to be ridiculous. I can't see how this is a story without an immense asspull.
Zod, Doomsday, or Mister Mxyzptlk could help some.

Guessing that aside from the usual battles(Flash/Boomerang, Deadshot/Batman, Superman/Zod/whatever secret weapon they end up with)they will also be fighting the military which they most likely don't want to kill.

And hey, Waller would totally have plans for how to weaken and take down people.

Mudcrab

Batman is asexual. This is the only thing that makes sense. Anything else either comes off as forced at best, creepy as fuck at worst.

Nah, his weird ass relationship with Talia is way more interesting than an asexual Bats or a pairing with Diana.

guek

Banned
Nah the closest he's ever had to a true love interest is Catwoman. I don't mind pairing him with Diana but Selina is the only love interest I actually like for him because of the whole forbidden fruit aspect. He's obviously attracted to Selina but he can never really be with her.

Thought this would be an animated movie or something.

Sounds like a passable type cross over, I hear Hitch isn't doing so hot on JL right now. It does answer the question of why does Batman permit the squad. I can't imagine the squad lasting more than 20 seconds against the league though.

edit: Oh fuck my reading comprehension. The writer of current Flash isn't so hot either.

Ross61

Thought this would be an animated movie or something.

Sounds like a passable type cross over, I hear Hitch isn't doing so hot on JL right now. It does answer the question of why does Batman permit the squad. I can't imagine the squad lasting more than 20 seconds against the league though.

edit: Oh fuck my reading comprehension. The writer of current Flash isn't so hot either.
I personally disagree with the writer of Flash. The only complaint I see are about the pace.

Village

Nah, his weird ass relationship with Talia is way more interesting than an asexual Bats or a pairing with Diana.
Weird is the optimal term
" you sexually assulted me and conceived my child"
"Yes"
"....aiight, i get him on weekends"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom