• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

That makes sense. DAMN YOU, OTAKUS

ZGVst.jpg

It shouldn't be :(

I blame Japanese boys. All the girls want their "boys love" mangas but are guys reading stories about lesbians? NOPE.

(i have no idea im just guessing)
Except you don't want lesbian anime/manga aimed at boys, because then it will be pandering tripe. Of course that stuff already exists. :\

Emitan

I wonder if there's any good books about lesbians that aren't creepy romance novels.

EDIT: And are actually interesting.

Jintor

I hear good things about Fingersmith. I haven't opened the sample yet though.

I liked Candy Boy. I don't even know quite what that is, but it was a decent animuz.

Don't watch Shoujo Sect.

Watch Shoujo Sect.

I liked Sasameki Koto as a manga. I heard it's a decent anime as well. Of course, Girl Friends and Prism are highly recommended on the yuri manga list. Gokujou Drops a little less so, not the greatest. Hanjuku Joshi treads a good line between smut and seriousness.

I haven't seen too many 'realistic' works. Free Soul is probably the closest out there, very slow and meandering and experimental and strange. Plica too, probably because it's a 4-koma based off real-life.

Esura

Banned

I liked Candy Boy. I don't even know quite what that is, but it was a decent animuz.

Don't watch Shoujo Sect.

Watch Shoujo Sect.

I liked Sasameki Koto as a manga. I heard it's a decent anime as well. Of course, Girl Friends and Prism are highly recommended on the yuri manga list. Gokujou Drops a little less so, not the greatest. Hanjuku Joshi treads a good line between smut and seriousness.

I haven't seen too many 'realistic' works. Free Soul is probably the closest out there, very slow and meandering and experimental and strange. Plica too, probably because it's a 4-koma based off real-life.
Fingersmith....now that's a good name. lol

Emitan

I could be, if I wanted to. :eek:

Hmm... the closest I can think of is of course, Utena. It's not blatant, but that is how it's meant to be read (I think the director said he prefers to have relationships between women because relationships between men and women tend to take over the whole show, where between women it can be more subtle.)

Sailor Moon has Neptune and Uranus of course, but the show is not entirely about them.

(Speaking of which, directed by the same guy! How about that?)

I'm trying to think of more that show them positively but it's difficult. I'd love to find more though.

Awww, sounds like Utena is our best choice :(

Don't watch Shoujo Sect.

Watch Shoujo Sect.

I started reading Fingersmith, but I couldn't get used to the vernacular.
Awww, sounds like Utena is our best choice :(
Cross thread quoting. o_O I don't think I've seen that before.

Gravijah

honestly, i'm willing to watch any anime that handles its themes in a mature (not that kind of mature) and non-pandering manner.

Risette

A Good Citizen
honestly, i'm willing to watch any anime that handles its themes in a mature (not that kind of mature) and non-pandering manner.
Watch Trapeze/Kuchuu Buranko.

And Ghost in the Shell, Innocence, Jin-Roh, Angel's Egg, UY2: Beautiful Dreamer, Patlabor 1+2 in movies. For starters.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We've been talking about Utena for almost fifty posts now.

Current-season, the only one that seems to be doing that is Kids on the Slope.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Mature shows are overrated. Silly humorous shows are so much better.
Nah. Actual mature shows/movies that tackle actual mature issues in a good way are more interesting.

You won't find scenes that question the humanity of children in silly humorous shows, for example.

jman2050

Nah. Actual mature shows/movies that tackle actual mature issues in a good way are more interesting.

You won't find scenes that question the humanity of children in silly humorous shows, for example.

How about both types of shows can be good and both can be bad depending on the work in question.

dluu13

I have a friend who makes lots of games. I'll see if he wants to make it.

but man, it'll take a long time even just to make the sprites.

Esura

Banned
I can't make sprites, nor program, so....

I'll be the hypee of the game if someone here decides to go for it or finds someone else to go for it.

dluu13

plan failed.

He told me to make it myself

I can program, but I haven't made a game since grade 11.
I think the easiest thing to work with would be game maker. All the object stuff seems to be take care of in a GUI.

It's easy to build arenas. (relatively)

Also, it spits out an exe file when you're done.

Top Bottom