• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

TUSR

Banned
Sounds like my TV

4K?

If not, then that's probably too much money. :p

Not enough content exists for "4k" to justify buying one.

That's nice enough. Keep it that way and invest that money in some cooler, like Waifu stuff or a sword.

I already bought a bunch of anime, but I don't have 1080P to truly watch my waifus.

You should get yourself a nice Plasma tv if you plan on using it alot TUSR

Im really interested in Samsung TV's a lot of their new curved models are really nice and would look great in my den.

$2000?! What TV is this?

I'm curious, too. $2,000 sounds like it would be a really nice TV.

Ill see if I can find the model online and link it here.

Oh, thanks!

I've heard that Samsung LCD or LED TVs are nice. That's why I bought one. I spent about $600 on a 40 inch LED 120 Hz one.

But for plasma TVs, I heard that Panasonic is the best.

TUSR

Banned
Oh, thanks!

I've heard that Samsung LCD or LED TVs are nice. That's why I bought one. I spent about $600 on a 40 inch LED 120 Hz one.

But for plasma TVs, I heard that Panasonic is the best.

Panasonic easily makes the best plasma, I was only really window shopping today.

TUSR

Banned
Sounds overpriced, really big or... OLED if it's not 4K for that price :p

Apparently it was a 4K. I didn't like the design of the body and the frame colour.

Everyone is transitioning to silver/chrome frames on their TVs.

Heh, you just reminded me, that I still have no BD player. Holding my Blurray in the hands and doing the "brb using imagination"-thing right now :(

You don't have a PS3 either?!

Panasonic easily makes the best plasma, I was only really window shopping today.
Oh, right. Now that I read better, you were talking about curved models. If I remember that those are mostly or only OLED. I don't know that curved plasma screens exist.

Sorry...

By the way, I'm really interested in some of the OLED screens. I've seen one that was a piece of glass with a screen in it. It was neat.

TUSR

Banned
Oh, right. Now that I read better, you were talking about curved models. If I remember that those are mostly or only OLED. I don't know that curved plasma screens exist.

Sorry...

By the way, I'm really interested in some of the OLED screens. I've seen one that was a piece of glass with a screen in it. It was neat.

Yeah there were 3 variations I was looking at today, 4K, 4K curved and 1080P flat. (I dont think there were any Panasonic plasmas around)

I should just find a deal on a 1080P one around 55" and call it a day and save myself money.

Chariot

You don't have a PS3 either?!
Nope, I don't even have a TV. Which is why my Gamecube and my Xbox 360 are standing around - to lazy to change the plugs from my monitor. I was thinking about some BD-drive, but people keep telling me that this is a bad idea, since the software is running out at those things on a yearly basis.

So I just got half a dozen BD's that are just for my shelf. Not that it would bother me that much, since I watched the content already elsewhere.

Yeah there were 3 variations I was looking at today, 4K, 4K curved and 1080P flat. (I dont think there were any Panasonic plasmas around)

I should just find a deal on a 1080P one around 55" and call it a day and save myself money.

Plasma is dead (because of the manufacturers, not the quality). You'd probably be lucky to find a good one in a store by this point.

Check out the next-gen gaming TV thread for some useful info, or ask them if a specific model is good:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516410

And getting a 1080p one and saving money sounds like a better idea for now than getting a 4K TV.

Chariot

You should just get a cheap ps3 or ps4 at this point. Bluray drives aren't worth it unless you plan on burning your own blurays.
Thing is, that I am too lazy to plug cables around every time I want to watch something. My main hub for everything is my PC. I guess I have to bite the sour apple at some point.

Would you rather have a TV than a monitor? Because if you'd rather have a monitor, there are some really nice 1440p monitors. And 4K, too. I would kind of like one of these.

And maybe then you could buy like a USB Blu-Ray drive and watch Blu-Rays that way. Or maybe you could get an Avermedia card and plug a PlayStation 3 into it.
I'm always using a PC, too. So to help me try to use my consoles more I started using that and it got me to playing a lot more games on my consoles.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Not enough content exists for "4k" to justify buying one.

I already bought a bunch of anime, but I don't have 1080P to truly watch my waifus.

Im really interested in Samsung TV's a lot of their new curved models are really nice and would look great in my den.

Ill see if I can find the model online and link it here.

Oh just quote and forget about me why dont ya :p

TUSR

Banned
I got a 55 inch HDTV a while back for my bedroom lol.
Maybe thats overkill but I spend most of my time in here.

same with my room and den, i barely use the living/dining room.

i have 2 matching desks and one has a glass writing surface so I double it as a table to eat on.

Articalys

Why are we talking about TV culture

Says the guy using his Samsung 40'' TV as a computer monitor right now

(though that's more because my laptop's speakers and headphone jack are both broken, but sound over HDMI works just fine)

TUSR

Banned
Why are we talking about TV culture

Says the guy using his Samsung 40'' TV as a computer monitor right now

(though that's more because my laptop's speakers and headphone jack are both broken, but sound over HDMI works just fine)

because i need a bigger and better tv for my anime blurays

I got a nice Samsung Plasma tv that isn't bad. It's not Panasonic awesomeness but it's good. It sucks that every company is giving up on it since the image is godlike compared to LCD/LED

why we not talk about CUTE THINGS???
tumblr_n2r0vg5XrG1r66h7yo1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom