• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lz86rg7klZ1qjjgm3o1_500.jpg

arVSg.jpg

V39QQ.jpg

UPfPQ.jpg

Alta1r

I posted it in the other much less active thread but didn't see a response so I apologize that it is slightly out of scope for this thread.

Where does everyone get their updates from these days? I used to rely on ihoney sites and crazy carrot's youtube channels to see what bands were releasing but as those are gone now I'm not really sure where to look.

Just subscribe to Sal and you'll be set.

Reminds me of this.

Off with his head!

What got her going in that video? She even missed a step in the dance cause of it.

And loll @ the off with his head.

tumblr_lz88vyTDTt1r1xayho1_500.jpg

IU tumble in the basketball court: http://youtu.be/xqmQLgcaos8 lol

Adorable as always. But tiiiiiiny. Of course next to basketball players she'll look smaller than usual, but even just holding that basketball in her hands...that thing's like half her size!

Alta1r

At around 25 seconds in, Yuri almost hits Hyoyeon in the face. You can see Hyos bizarre reaction.

vBLgj.png

Ahhh, I see it now. That Hyo face...loll we need to make Ranman, Phono and/or filler use this as an avatar for a week or something somehow. Anything kpop related coming up that we can bet on?

Maybe a little extreme?

20 lashes instead?

Hahaha, a lash for each transgression sounds good. This is slowly morphing from novelty to chronic status.

Guy is obviously having a hard time being so close to Hyomin. Like staring directly into the sun.

Seriously. Dude's channeling some Raiden there or something. Or
insert racist joke.
lol

On an unrelated note you know it's something when google image search for Sica and/or Yoona turns up multiple links to this or the old thread.

tumblr_lz7ssdW2IS1qm0r9lo1_500.gif

Exploring MBC's k-pop channel, starting at the first uploaded Music Core episode - dayumn I love this female posse of dancers Taeyang brings out http://youtu.be/PRMSZhPVTOA?t=1m19s

That channel is a godsend, seriously. Only problem I have is that some videos take a long time to load. Youtube slacking.

Can't be bothered to look up the post about outdoor performances (Sals I think), but this is an instant favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVMR_76xIQ

Ahhh, I see it now. That Hyo face...loll we need to make Ranman, Phono and/or filler use this as an avatar for a week or something somehow. Anything kpop related coming up that we can bet on?

That face is pretty priceless, would not mind using it as an avatar for a while myself. :p

Hahaha, a lash for each transgression sounds good. This is slowly morphing from novelty to chronic status.

I guess we can afford some leniency in the face of his contributions. ;)

Or
insert racist joke.
lol

Ahh, I get it.
Acute case of yellow fever?

On an unrelated note you know it's something when google image search for Sica and/or Yoona turns up multiple links to this or the old thread.

tumblr_lz7ssdW2IS1qm0r9lo1_500.gif

That would explain the increase in criminal activity.

Alta1r

Lolll, nice! Especially side by side.

And goddamn time differences. I was totally looking forward to that K Girl or Girl K thing you were streaming yesterday. Guess I'll have to catch the rerun off your archives.

Ahh, I get it.
Acute case of yellow fever?

tumblr_lyeo62VHQ71qf2ofa.gif
tumblr_lyeo4zPBxq1qf2ofa.gif

And lol @ IU singing "Loving You" in ep14 of DH. I wonder if anyone explained to her what "making love with you is all I want to do" means. Two episodes left, and I still can't tell how the series will end. Only thing I'm certain of is IU+Wooyoung will survive and President Ma Du Shik will pick up the six main characters. And even those two, I could see the series writer/director tossing in a twist and f*cking it all up.

Pachimari

I'm trying really really hard getting into the K-pop genre, because I absolutely love the music, the rhythms, the melodies, the whole atmosphere of it all. That part of the world has always been fascinating to me, and I found a buddy who's equally excited for K Pop.

Though, who are generally regarded as top tier? And who are up and coming (promising) talents?

T-ara? Kara? 2ne1?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I'm trying really really hard getting into the K-pop genre, because I absolutely love the music, the rhythms, the melodies, the whole atmosphere of it all. That part of the world has always been fascinating to me, and I found a buddy who's equally excited for K Pop.

Though, who are generally regarded as top tier? And who are up and coming (promising) talents?

T-ara? Kara? 2ne1?

Top tier

SNSD
Kara
T-ara
Wonder Girls
After School
Miss A
Rainbow
f(x)
Brown Eyed Girls
4minute (or Hyuna)
Secret
2NE1

Up and coming/others (sub units, etc)

Orange Caramel
A Pink
Dal Shabet
After School Red & Blue
Girl's Day
Sistar/Sistar19
SPICA
Chocolat

Alta1r

She knows perfectly well.

And she likes it!

tumblr_lz8rcyJgCZ1rothipo9_250.gif

T-ara? Kara? 2ne1?

Music-wise, Dice and OC are probably the best sources for technically good and generally popular music, respectively. Personally I like T-ara, Soshi, Epik High, IU, Hyuna/4minute and Orange Caramel with some samplings of all the other stuff people post in here tossed in.

On an unrelated note, I just finished episode 15 of DH. I'm 30 seconds away from starting the last episode but I almost feel like I shouldn't watch this, just cause it'll add that second bookend to close the season out and I'll have no more questions about all this anymore. Gaahhhh. And ep16 pending, Jason, Ma Du Shik and Mr. Yang are by far my three favorite characters in the show. And of course teachersshi, but she gets her own spot cause...goddamn teachersshi..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why would you want to look at Zinger's legs when Jieun and Sunhwa are right there?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i'm pretty sure he wants leg shots of that set of pictures.. just doesn't know where to look >_< lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No leg pics but there was this much better picture of Zinger:

5YbXS.jpg

And this heavenly creature:

ZD3Xa.jpg

MzIAW.jpg

The face she makes when she spots me in the audience:

ydTJV.jpg

"Can we turn up the heat just a tad?"

D5Wir.jpg

"My face is fucking frozen"

2fPYS.jpg

Sunhwa in Charlie's Angels mode:

UCkbH.jpg

Zzoram

What is the name of that song where a guy finds a girl in the dumpster who lost her memory, then trades her for another girl at the end?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
What is the name of that song where a guy finds a girl in the dumpster who lost her memory, then trades her for another girl at the end?

2NE1 - Ugly

?

I have no idea.

edit: holy shit bloodforge.. i would've never guessed. haven't paid attention to the MV hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom