• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Aa3i9.png

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
^ she looks so evil lol

btw, anyone see the 9 min preview of dream high 2 yet? kinda looks like it was filmed differently than dream high 1.. maybe? ehhhhh

T.O.P

Banned
On January 26th, B2ST will release a new track called “I Knew It” for their upcoming world tour, “Beautiful Show”.

B2ST will open their world tour with back-to-back concerts on February 4th and 5th at the Seoul Olympic Sports Stadium. The idol group will then move on to different parts of Asia, Europe, and the Americas.

Through this tour, B2ST will reveal some new tracks — their first in just over eight months. Fortunately, these new songs (all of different genres) will become available through the form of digital singles.

As the first track from the ‘Beautiful Show’ tour, “I Knew It” will be released on January 26th at midnight. It’s described as a modern ballad with a heart-wrenching melody and pulsing beat.

Regarding the rest of the tracks, B2ST has chosen to reveal the titles before the actual concerts to express their appreciation for fans.

About effing time, hope thei wreck the charts (PLZ BE GUD)

SNSD’s Hyoyeon wants to be a mother of 5 children in 10 years

I'd prefer it if it was one of the others, but I do not mind contributing.

Pictures like this make me wonder what it's like for solo artists compared to groups, IU for example. I'm just wondering if it isn't a little lonely, atleast compared to being in a group. Of course, she isn't actually alone, as she has managers, dancers, etc around her most of the time. But is it the same as being surrounded by others who are on equal footing as you? I assume she makes more money, but I think I'd prefer being in a group. I assume she loves singing and performing, but being an idol seems like hard work, and the people around you can alleviate the negative sides to a great extent. Of course, this is just idle speculation. I do not believe being a solo artist it is very lonely, just a little less appealing (to me atleast), compared to being in a group.

If those three formed a sub-unit, they would be extra goddess-like. SNSD's holy trinity IMO.

In other words: Top 3

Hey I coined that term in regards to SNSD. If you're gonna use it, atleast use it properly...

Yuri, Tiffany, Yoona

If this new trend of "we'll change our choreography" only meaning "we'll do it differently at KBS" persists I'll be happy http://youtu.be/QyWzh11wdbA Some CLASS A dry humping at the start. That's a look I can like, btw, waiting for HD.

This song is definitely growing on me.

B.A.P seem like they could be good http://youtu.be/CD33t3Xbupg

Based on more than that teaser I assume?

How is that sustainable? Surely they mean sleep for half an hour or two here and there, not 30 minutes too two hours a day.

Seungyeon?

iSUBS already upload their stuff to like 4 different file-sharing sites, so no big deal for me. Oh...

Some guy on 4chan said it best:
Oh for fuck's sake. I was putting a lot of shows off because I thought they'd always be there for some stupid reason and I wanted to pace myself. Thanks to the decentralized cliquey nature of kpop subbers and their preferred method of hosting (megaupload) it's going to be next to impossible to watch anything from more than a year ago that isn't done by a big and still active group.

It doesn't affect personally, as I too am only interested in a few things, which is done by big and active groups. But I can see this fucking over alot of people.

ive been away for a month so ive just been catching up on ASOT and TATW. 540 = top 20 of 2011 and 541 armin's yearmix. theres a few good ones in 543 though i listen to it as a set so i dont know what they are called. concrete angel is amazing btw.

Ok, Concrete Angel is pretty great. Especially the the first minute and a half is almost divine. I feel that the second half doesn't quite live up the the first, but still an amazing song.

Salazar

Shinsadong and T-ara are way too good for KKS.

At least JYP's shitty decisions are things like an exuberantly corny Teen Nick movie.

Peru

Nakata and Kyaryyyyyy

On January 20th, a PR official from SBS finalized and confirmed that the two stars will co-host a new music show titled, "Lee Hyori and Jung Jae Hyung's You and I" (translated title) which is set to premiere at midnight on February 26th.

T.O.P

Banned
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/stevie-wonder-approaches-brown-eyed-souls-naul-for-a-collaboration

On January 20th, a representative from Naul’s agency, Santa Music, revealed through a phone call with Dispatch that ”Stevie Wonder has recently spoken to Naul about giving him a track he has personally composed.”

The representative continued, “Stevie Wonder heard Naul’s album through a friend’s gift. It seems that he’s found a liking to the mood and tone of the music and Naul’s voice.” They added, “The reports that Stevie Wonder attended Naul’s concert are false.”

Details about the collaboration have not yet been set, as the two parties are still in the discussion phases. If all goes well, however, recordings could begin as early as February.

A representative of Naul’s party reported, “The genres of the tracks, the strategies of how to release them, and other details have not been set… We hope that the negotiations will go well with Stevie Wonder’s party so we can bring you some great music.”

woah

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
KMF tickets on sale tommorow morning!!! Gonna be much closer this time. Also Paid Dues on April 7th. Gonna be a badass April this year. Fuckkk yessss.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
is A pink news season 1 (pre debut?) any good or should i just go straight for season 2?
Every moment with A Pink is a wonderful moment. I esteem them so highly that I'm just going to say that Kara, Rainbow and A Pink are level with each other as far as I am concerned because I am too thoroughly charmed to discern any variance in loveliness.

Salazar

On MBC’s New Year Special ’2012 Idol Star Alkkagi Championship’, which will be aired at 9.05am KST on January 22nd, Girls’ Generation, T-ara, Super Junior, SHINee, Sistar, Miss A, Rainbow, Infinite and other idol groups vyed for the strongest Alkkagi contestant title based on tournament format.

In the surprise match, ‘Show! Music Core Battle of The Strongest’, MBLAQ faced Prince of Ballad, Lee Hyun while Queens of Kpop, Girls’ Generation took on T-ara in the game of Alkkagi.

I could not be more hype.

muUEf.gif
LzmkA.gif

6CRGb.gif
5XtCz.gif

J6CRu.gif
0XTs5.gif

K8jyT.gif

Peru

Why are CapsuleHD's "HD" live videos so low quality ;( .. are there any better youtube uploaders?

20120120_twilight_1.jpg

Usually when people hear ‘Twi-light’, they are most likely to think of the hit Blockbuster movie ‘Twilight’. What do you think of this?

▲We were also a little worried when we heard that our name was going to be ‘Twi-light’. We were a bit dumbfounded and concerned that we would become buried under the hit movie

There are so many boy groups and girl groups who are debuting these days, enough to say that the industry has turned into an ‘idol war zone’. What do you think will help Twi-light survive amongst these other groups?

▲We are really confident when it comes to our performance, and we feel like our ‘Blade’ dance especially stands our amongst the rest. We also have a mysterious ‘vampire’ charm about us that we feel makes us unique.

Alta1r

Ashhong

Ok, Concrete Angel is pretty great. Especially the the first minute and a half is almost divine. I feel that the second half doesn't quite live up the the first, but still an amazing song.

hot damn, another trance fan!

The second half is great! Love that drop. I've been listening to his extended mix version of the song in his various sets for months and its even better. Has better pacing overall I think. Can't wait until its released on Feb 12 so I can make a new mix with it

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hmmmm... Rainbow playing Suck & Blow? How much did they fight over who sits next to the guy?

Deadly

hot damn, another trance fan!

The second half is great! Love that drop. I've been listening to his extended mix version of the song in his various sets for months and its even better. Has better pacing overall I think. Can't wait until its released on Feb 12 so I can make a new mix with it
Count me as another too! Though honestly I have no idea what the difference between house, trance and techno is...

the second half is so much better. Is it ok if I kinda find the lyrics a drag? Could really do without em...

Ashhong

Count me as another too! Though honestly I have no idea what the difference between house, trance and techno is...

the second half is so much better. Is it ok if I kinda find the lyrics a drag? Could really do without em...

Trance and techno is harder for me, but house is immediately obvious. It has all of those annoying sounds like sirens and shit and just isnt as melodic as trance. I'm sure there are better explanations

The lyrics are beautiful! You crazy =P

Yup

Peeps should remember that tickets for the Korean Music Festival go on sale tomorrow at 10 am PST if any of you can make it to LA that day (April 26th)

Is there a line-up announced or leaked/rumored yet?

No lineup. And if its anything like last year they will announce it like 3-4 groups at a time. So damn annoying. Also the servers got hit HARD last year, so expect it to lag. I doubt I will bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom