• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Bombless

Filthy japanese supremacists are at it again, how dare they putting a ship that vanquished them in the war under the command of a japanese admiral!

Wish they had gone with Montana, her boobs would had beeneven bigger then!

First gunland ship, Iowa!

https://twitter.com/noisy_sgr/status/701206064776114176

raQd8MB.jpg

EfrYo0Q.jpg

XRaQz7V.jpg

Awesome, waiting for Missouri though.
Is it wrong I preferred the fanart design though

Hoping if they ever do an American carrier is something along the lines of
I think that design actually works in conjunction with the way that the Japanese carriers designs are mostly based on traditional Japanese archery.

Filthy japanese supremacists are at it again, how dare they putting a ship that vanquished them in the war under the command of a japanese admiral!

Wish they had gone with Montana, her boobs would had beeneven bigger then!

The real question is if ANY of the American ships would have small boobs.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The real question is if ANY of the American ships would have small boobs.

Well, there are plenty of US ships with small displacements, so it could happen - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_ships

There are exceptions to the displacement -> breast size rule though. Ryuujou is small-chested despite having a 10k displacement, and Takao/Atago are much bigger-chested than their displacement would suggest.

rrvv

Awesome, waiting for Missouri though.
Is it wrong I preferred the fanart design though

Hoping if they ever do an American carrier is something along the lines of

I think that design actually works in conjunction with the way that the Japanese carriers designs are mostly based on traditional Japanese archery.

The design is pretty much AMERICUH. Make sense consider who she is based on

Zabi

Banned
Not sure if Iowa will help improve the chance of a English release or not. The Vita version might at least get a fan translation since it doesn't require a internet connection to play.

StayDead

Hi again! I thought I was banned until May, but apparently not thankfully so here I am to complain about how I'm getting trolled by the subs on E-3 this week.

Also, Iowa being announced is pretty exciting!

Theonik

Well, there are plenty of US ships with small displacements, so it could happen - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_ships

There are exceptions to the displacement -> breast size rule though. Ryuujou is small-chested despite having a 10k displacement, and Takao/Atago are much bigger-chested than their displacement would suggest.
The flat aircraft carriers are so because of flight decks. There is no real consistency in kancolle designs and different designers have taken different approaches with more or less thought being put into them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was wondering why this thread was active and of course the Iowa. lol

Finished the event. I don't know... I'm starting to get annoyed at all the RNG-based enemies. I understand that there's no "skill" involved, but you are basically watching animated dice rolls with girls screaming at you and it can get tiring if you are doing it over and over.

muteki

I've been playing Vita Kantai for a while. I could get into the real game if I wanted to but I know if I start up something longterm on PC I wouldn't have time for it and would quit after a couple days. Portable much easier to work with with a 2 year old running around.

Coming into the game with no previous experience it essentially is a lot like Civ 2 w/ simpler city management. And I get addicted to civ really easily, so it has been fun. Being able to pick up at random and play through a few turns has been an enjoyable time waster.

I thought it was really grindy at first, but accidentally skipped ahead a couple levels. Tutorial is pretty crap for a newbie too, and I don't have trouble with the language. Most of what is out there on wiki's still applies though, and has been helpful.

Zabi

Banned
https://mmoculture.com/2016/04/name-of-the-nature-tencent-reveals-its-first-2d-anime-mobile-game/

Name of the Nature – Tencent reveals its first 2D anime mobile game

According to several Chinese media outlets, Name of the Nature appears to be Tencent Games’ first anime mobile game developed by an in-house studio. No matter, this new mobile game is based on one of the most popular Chinese manga series on Tencent’s own manga platform, now at Chapter 23. If you are an anime fan, you could see how similar the art design is to that of Kantai Collection’s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0XxR5Upx4A

Name of the Nature talks about how AI and robots evolved too quickly, and betrayed humanity by locking up the skies and seas. Humanity hence look upon the limited sea area left as the last line of defense. Tencent has big plans for Name of the Nature to turn it into China’s top anime brand, as it is pitching to produce an animated movie, an animated series, and merchandise based on the manga.

uBPqdhb.jpg

IfzM4n3.jpg

puwlEvw.jpg

Looks like the Kantai Collection arcade game but toned down for mobile.

Edit 3: There is now a website for the game. Currently in beta.

http://www.vipcn.com/zt/weilanzhanzheng/

Edit 1: I found the official Tencent QQ page for the web manga.

http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/537646

I flipped through some of it and it looks like garbage. It looks like the game is being loosely based on it because the web manga doesn't look like Kantai Collection at all while the game is clearly imitating it. The problem is that it sounds like the TV series and movie is going to be based on the shoddy web manga instead of the game.

Edit 2: A challenger approaches!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/29/date-wwii-battleships-personified-victory-belles/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackchickenstudios/victory-belles

Date WWII Battleships Personified In Victory Belles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEilZn2kI-I

120 different belles, each a woman designed after a real-world battleship from naval history, are at players’ disposal in combat and romance in free-to-play turn-based, tactical web/iOS game Victory Belles, which is now raising development funding through Kickstarter.

vb2.jpg

The game’s turn-based combat is fuelled by a “historically accurate algorithm” derived by research on naval weapons. In the words of the developers:

“…decades of analysis on materials, armor types, weapons and ballistics of World War II warships feeds the combat model that determines whether or not your shot hits, penetrates, and to what extent it damages the enemy.”

vb1.jpg

The Belles, the souls of each ship that strengthen them, can be customized and romanced at the player’s whim. Each has their own personality which players will need to take into account in their pursuits, though. There is nothing stopping the player from pursuing multiple Belles, either, save for the weaponry that may get turned on them should they get caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzi3UjYjTmM

Authenticity is important to the developers of Victory Belles, so they have found voice actresses from the seven countries the ships hail from, ensuring each ship is voiced in the native language of the place it came from. Some of these actresses include Natalie Hoover (Danganronpa 2, Sword Art Online), Marissa Lenti (One Piece, Fairy Tail) and Kira Buckland (Sailor Moon, Dead or Alive 5).

Read the comments in the Siliconera article. A rep from the studio made some posts in it. I like how it looks like the artwork is going to be more consistent. One thing that bothers me though is that the player is going to be addressed as "Captain" instead of "Admiral". "Captain" sounds rather weak at this point.

Edit 4: The Victory Belles kickstarter has concluded and barely hit all stretch goals. That means that fairies, mascots, medals, and more ship girls will be added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackchickenstudios/victory-belles/posts/1581247

necroing this thread since android beta is out lol. seems dmm app doesn't restrict contents like their website, so no need vpn or cookie edit or anything to play it

not much ui change from the browser version
also it's barebone but functional at best... there's no notification for construction/expedition lol

anderedna

should be enough, unless you're really unlucky

Okay sounds good :)
I'll wait for a week for guides to pop out before diving in into the event tho.
Speaking of unlucky, I finally managed to finish Bm4 today after ~20 tries last week. Mostly because of RNG sent me to E node most of the time. Usually only took me 2-3 tries.

I had 100k of everything two events ago and I didn't have enough to finish the last map on easy.

I got really, really unlucky.

Ouch. Two events ago, the winter 2016 event? That should be a very easy one right, with only 3 maps. That events is my first one as I started playing end of last year, around new year holiday.

Hopefully there will be drops for Italian and German ships in this event, Italia, Roma, Prinz and Graf. I'm targeting to get them this time. Last event was quite bountiful for me, getting all those rare Japanese DDs, CVs and those Aux ships.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think anyone who plays is either on discord, himeuta or reddit/wikia. lol

But it all depends on goals I think. I used all my resources last event because I spent a lot of time farming (E7 in particular is stupidly expensive).

I honestly don't know what to think of this upcoming event. They've relaxed the debuff mechanic so that it's not totally stupid like last year, but the RNG for E7 in the last event was just terrible on Hard. Watching people burn 200k resources on a single map and NOT clear it because of bad dice rolls is just terrible design.

anderedna

I think anyone who plays is either on discord, himeuta or reddit/wikia. lol

But it all depends on goals I think. I used all my resources last event because I spent a lot of time farming (E7 in particular is stupidly expensive).

I honestly don't know what to think of this upcoming event. They've relaxed the debuff mechanic so that it's not totally stupid like last year, but the RNG for E7 in the last event was just terrible on Hard. Watching people burn 200k resources on a single map and NOT clear it because of bad dice rolls is just terrible design.

Yeah, I use wikia as my main source of info. Really helps me with their event tips and guide.

Salute to you if you cleared the last event all on hard. E7 boss was nightmares lol. Those ships and HPs. I spent 5 tries for last dance, on easy(yeah I'm very lucky I guess). God knows how people manage to clear them in hard.

Wikia mentioned it'll be medium event with 4-5 maps, and probably submarine themed. I'm preparing my ASW equips and ships. Isuzu and Asashio kai ni D are in my rooster.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wikia mentioned it'll be medium event with 4-5 maps, and probably submarine themed. I'm preparing my ASW equips and ships. Isuzu and Asashio kai ni D are in my rooster.
The new pre-emptive torpedo strike buff is a sign toward that. Hopefully it won't be terrible and require equipment you can't get (WG42s).
Libeccio is another DD that has high ASW if you can level her enough.

anderedna

The new pre-emptive torpedo strike buff is a sign toward that. Hopefully it won't be terrible and require equipment you can't get (WG42s).

I got only one WG42s after 5 days intensive farming for Yuu last event. "Salty" said Iowa.
Unfortunately I don't have Libeccio as I'm kinda new player with only 2 events so far. However Satsuki kai ni can do preemptive ASW as well at level 80 with 2 type 4 sonars and a type 3 depth charge. Glad I leveled her :)

StayDead

Time to level up Libeccio!

Hopefully being submarine based will mean I can get through this event with lower resources than normal.

anderedna

I'll probably stay in E-1 for a bit as well.
Planning to get at least two I-26, one Akitsumaru and one Mizuho.

I'm still doing world 4 weeklies tho.

anderedna

Beat E1 hard, now farming E2 easy for pudding.

Nice. I guess you have all rare drops from E-1 already.
Where in E-2 pudding drops? Erk.. boss node.

I'm still in E-1E. BCFGI route. Trying for Mizuho still.
20 runs, finished 50 transport map quest from E1 alone, no rare ship in sight... not even Maruyu.

anderedna

Do you have good ASW gears to enable preemptive depth charge?

Mine BCFGI:
DD: Inazuma 63 (full AACI)
CVL: Shouhou 60 (torps bomber x 2 + fighter + saiun)
FBB: Hiei 76 (DA)
DD: Satsuki 84 (full ASW)
CL: Naka 64 (full ASW)
DD: Ikazuchi 63 (full AACI)

FBB for double shelling, both Naka and Satsuki(replaceable with Jintsuu/Isuzu/Abukuma/Asashio KND) are enough for boss. (2 x preemptive, 4 x normal). One of the DD can be equipped with full ASW if not enough for additional 2 x normal ASW.
Oh, if some ship got taiha on C node, don't give up, last 20 runs, only 2 times I got taiha there. Others getting S rank in boss node. My search for Mizuho continues...

Top Bottom