• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Zabi

Banned
I finally decided to register for this game but it turns out that 1366x768 resolution is too small for the English viewer so I'll need to wait until I get my new laptop in a couple months before I get to really begin playing.

Also, it looks like the legal mess with Warship Girls (The Chinese imitator) has been ironed out so it's full speed ahead. Someone working on the official English version has said that this might speed up the official English release. I look forward to the reactions from the Japanese. I heard they were upset at the idea of the Chinese getting a ship girl game out in English first.

I finally decided to register for this game but it turns out that 1366x768 resolution is too small for the English viewer so I'll need to wait until I get my new laptop in a couple months before I get to really begin playing.

Also, it looks like the legal mess with Warship Girls (The Chinese imitator) has been ironed out so it's full speed ahead. Someone working on the official English version has said that this might speed up the official English release. I look forward to the reactions from the Japanese. I heard they were upset at the idea of the Chinese getting a ship girl game out in English first.

why don't you use the chrome browser plugin? at least it won't take that much space since the game native resolution is just 800x480

EDIT: oh ya... kinda forgot that KCV has zoom out feature as well... it's been a while since the last time i used it... using a different JP viewer atm

Zabi

Banned
You can also zoom out KCV, I had to do that with a laptop that was low res as well.
Ok I found that setting. Didn't notice it. It's kind of cumbersome to have everything so small though. I only got a couple months until I get my new laptop anyway so I'll wait.

Not sure why that ABe OT never talks about his many KanColle doujinshi and the fact that Kitakami is his waifu.

51620687_p02wsbx.jpg

StayDead

Stolen from FigureGAF on MFC, but they need to go here.

FrostyCollects said:
KanColle owns my mind, body and soul for life. I go after all non-half-damaged 1/8s from GSC/MF/Koto plus, of course, all Nendoroids!

Here are the new KanColle Nendo pics for reference:

Fubuki
29.jpg

Ooyodo
35.jpg

Taihou
266.jpg

Akitshushima
358.jpg

Katori
37.jpg

Akashi
268.jpg

Zuikaku
43.jpg

Shoukaku
44.jpg

Good grief...I think it's time to get another Billy from IKEA. Kind of bummed they haven't gotten to Mutsu, Nagato or Musashi yet.

Soo many nendos, all of them will be mine! \o/

Josephl64

I can only hope it's getting delayed so much because they're letting us sync our accounts so we don't have to start from scratch.

Also I still want to see what that LE vita looks like

Draxal

I wonder if Shinano will be in or not.

The problem with Kancolle is that's there only a small amount of capital ships that they can put in and only really one is Japanese (Tirpitz, Vittorio Venetio, Andrea Doria, Caio Duilio , Shinano). And the Italian battleships asides from Vittorio Venetio are on the really old side.

They do have a shit ton of Japanese destroyers and some Italian/German cruisers that they can add.

Draxal

I'm just hopeful I can clear normal this time, but will drop down to easy if necessary.

Have 38/42/29/23 with 485 buckets.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
from what people speculating, need to shot down planes to gain exp... and there's no plane on 1-1
Yeah, so you need to sparkle at 1-1 and then... I dunno, I guess go to 1-4 or 2-2 to try to fight carriers. Whee. lol

I'm just hopeful I can clear normal this time, but will drop down to easy if necessary.

Have 38/42/29/23 with 485 buckets.
I cleared hard with that last time, but my understanding is that summer is a terrible event.

Draxal

I cleared hard with that last time, but my understanding is that summer is a terrible event.

Yeah, think I can only do the first 4 with all the ship locking rules this time on medium. My fleet isn't as diverse/high leveled as your fleet, and I really don't have that many high leveled destroyers.

Ships confirmed so far.

Hawakaze (Shiratsuyu destroyer) e2 clear
Hayasui (oiler) e4 clear
Libeccio (Maestrale-class Italian Destroyer)

quadship locking.... shiplocking to the extreme lol

5 DD 1 AV & 1 oiler
whew DD collection

welp... watching japanese stream, looks like this event is different... need to do quests before unlocking certain event map lol

StayDead

quadship locking.... shiplocking to the extreme lol

5 DD 1 AV & 1 oiler
whew DD collection

welp... watching japanese stream, looks like this event is different... need to do quests before unlocking certain event map lol

welp.

HQ Level 65, gonna miss out on that Reinforcement Expansion from Hard E-1 ;_;

Draxal

E1 is easy with kikuzuki. I brought 3 low dd, 1cl and 2 low level bb. It's guarantee routing.

I cleared e2 pretty easily as well. Its best to use a surface fleet with 2 cvl (they help on the sub node).

e3 is the nightmare one. I'm really thinking of dropping to easy for it, as clearing the last dance on medium seems really rough (and combined fleets are just rough on resources in general). I haven't actually tried it yet, but looking at the streams ... it was rough.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I cleared e2 pretty easily as well. Its best to use a surface fleet with 2 cvl (they help on the sub node).

e3 is the nightmare one. I'm really thinking of dropping to easy for it, as clearing the last dance on medium seems really rough (and combined fleets are just rough on resources in general). I haven't actually tried it yet, but looking at the streams ... it was rough.

E3 medium's last dance is the same as all runs on hard. It was kind of sad watching xiei slam into that wall for like 20 runs trying to beat it.

One thing to think about is saving your cvl. You need 1 for e4 and 1 for e5. So if you use 2 for e2, then you have to commit them to e3 as well and then just hope e5 goes well with whoever you have left.

Draxal

E3 medium's last dance is the same as all runs on hard. It was kind of sad watching xiei slam into that wall for like 20 runs trying to beat it.

One thing to think about is saving your cvl. You need 1 for e4 and 1 for e5. So if you use 2 for e2, then you have to commit them to e3 as well and then just hope e5 goes well with whoever you have left.

CVL's is the one thing I'm in good shape with due to constant 3-2 spam. I was more worried about destroyers and CAs personally (although I did commit all my BBV's to e2).

I'm honestly just thinking of dropping down to easy after e4, so I'm not to worried about ship locks for e5-7.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CVL's is the one thing I'm in good shape with due to constant 3-2 spam.

I'm honestly just thinking of dropping down to easy after e4, so I'm not to worried about ship locks for e5-7.
I'm waiting to see the gear drops. The radar seems insanely useful...

This event seems to be much harder than the spring event.. Is that the general feeling you're getting?

from watching the stream, yeah... especially with 4 set of shiplocking, really need to plan well D:
i wonder if this event is like previous event where the boss node revert to pre-final after clear, or like past events where it stays at final from.. hmm

StayDead

I didn't plan well and I'm doing e2 with a carrier task force. All my good ships are now blue locked that would be good for e3 so I might need to go down to easy lol.

Draxal

I'm waiting to see the gear drops. The radar seems insanely useful...

I dropped down to easy. The radar is really much better than anything I have, but 4 combined fleet maps this event, means I have to conserve resources imho, and I've seen people blow their loads on medium last dance.

That said ... the fleet I was going to do medium with is destroying easy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I dropped down to easy. The radar is really much better than anything I have, but 4 combined fleet maps this event, means I have to conserve resources imho, and I've seen people blow their loads on medium last dance.

That said ... the fleet I was going to do medium with is destroying easy.
Yeah, medium e3 changes form to hard e3, which is a big fuck you surprise. lol
I'm just at a point in the game where I'm too lazy to grind for radars to remodel, so I'm going to grab whatever they give.

People are speculating that there's a sub boss that you can fight that will reduce the boss's armor, since that is how apparently e7 is supposed to work.

I didn't plan well and I'm doing e2 with a carrier task force. All my good ships are now blue locked that would be good for e3 so I might need to go down to easy lol.
Oof, that sucks. Well, you definitely want to do E6 on medium because that is how you get the Shoukaku remodel item at least.

So I'm sure you're all looking at wikia or himeuta anyway, but remember that you need Kongou+Haruna or Hiei+Kirishima or Poi+Ayanami for E4 pathing and Fubuki for E6 pathing.

Draxal

Cleared e1-2 on med, 3-5 on easy. Still looking good on resources, but I have had no new drops since Noshiro on e2.

Honestly, if I had the resources I think I could have done 1-5 medium, but I took a decent break after the last xp and was slow on stockpiling. At least i'm leveling up my weaker destroyers at this moment.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I did 1-2 hard, 3 medium, and 4-5 hard. e4 was maddening as hell.

Are you not going to try e6 on medium for the shokaku upgrade?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I never got any of the cranes. If anything I'd farm e3 for them.
I just finished E6 on medium. It's worth doing if you have a decent fleet with AACI. Who knows if they'll ever release the upgrade item another way, assuming you do drop them later on? lol

Draxal

I just finished E6 on medium. It's worth doing if you have a decent fleet with AACI. Who knows if they'll ever release the upgrade item another way, assuming you do drop them later on? lol

I just got Zuikaku from my first attempt of e3 today, bitching online always works in this game.

Problem I have is I have good ACL (Maya Kai Ni and Fubuki Kai NI are saved for this lock) it's just I can't fill out the second fleet, as I had KTKM in my e3 fleet. And all my other heavy cruisers/battleships/destroyers are locked into a different fleet lock (grumbling about me locking Haguro Kai NI into e5 by mistake).

I can put a decently leveled (60ish) Nagato, Mutsu, Kaga, Akagi, Soryu (I guess I should grind her fast to Kai Ni used Chiyoda in e3) Chitose Kai NI and Maya, Shigure, Chikuma, Jinstu, Fubuki all kai Niied .... but absolutely can't fill out that sixth spot.

edit.

Oh I thought e6 locked out clts ... looking at it I guess I"m wrong.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just got Zuikaku from my first attempt of e3 today, bitching online always works in this game.

Problem I have is I have good ACL (Maya Kai Ni and Fubuki Kai NI are saved for this lock) it's just I can't fill out the second fleet, as I had KTKM in my e3 fleet. And all my other heavy cruisers/battleships/destroyers are locked into a different fleet lock (grumbling about me locking Haguro Kai NI into e5 by mistake).

I can put a decently leveled (60ish) Nagato, Mutsu, Kaga, Akagi, Soryu (I guess I should grind her fast to Kai Ni used Chiyoda in e3) Chitose Kai NI and Maya, Shigure, Chikuma, Jinstu, Fubuki all kai Niied .... but absolutely can't fill out that sixth spot.

edit.

Oh I thought e6 locked out clts ... looking at it I guess I"m wrong.
People are figuring out some comps that allow you to bring CLTs... I just cleared it without.
I guess if you don't have the ships, it's more of a priority to finish E7 than it is to get that Crane item. They'll have to at least add one more at some point.

spend hours sparkling 24 ships, stuck at preboss node... D:
E7? I'm afraid...

StayDead

I've got highish level ships, did E-2 and E-1 on Medium no problem, switched to easy on E-3 thanks to ship locking and I'm struggling with the boss. I just don't get it sometimes haha.

Draxal

Event ends on 2nd September.... still haven't decided to do E7 hard or medium

E6... I'm generally have bad luck on preboss most of the time in any event. Usually i never bother to sparkle except for last kill on last map haha

I heard that Super Wo is a killer on hard.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Event ends on 2nd September.... still haven't decided to do E7 hard or medium
E6... I'm generally have bad luck on preboss most of the time in any event. Usually i never bother to sparkle except for last kill on last map haha
I'm half way through E7 medium and honestly, I would suggest doing easy. I've already invested enough that turning back seems like a bad idea but even I might just restart and try again on easy.

No matter what though, stockpile as many resources as you can. Because of RNG, this is the single most expensive map to run in the event and clearing E7 can cost you as much as it cost to clear E1-E6 combined.

Also sparkling fleets is the worst thing ever. :(

Draxal

I'm half way through E7 medium and honestly, I would suggest doing easy. I've already invested enough that turning back seems like a bad idea but even I might just restart and try again on easy.

No matter what though, stockpile as many resources as you can. Because of RNG, this is the single most expensive map to run in the event and clearing E7 can cost you as much as it cost to clear E1-E6 combined.

Also sparkling fleets is the worst thing ever. :(

Yeah, kinda glad I dropped to easy as soon as I did. Teruzuki is what i wanted most out of the event, since Akizuki is unobtainable.

2/3 the way through e6 with about 18k fuel left as my lowest resource. Thank god this even lasts for another 14 days.

MSMrRound

Just cleared E6 on easy. I wanted to go medium but being a semi-new teitoku my fleet isn't that strong enough. My makeshift fleet only seem to scratch the boss at most. Can't even sink her.

Oh well. Just have to hope that I can get the catapult another way another time...the Akizuki sister is still top priority for me...

Top Bottom