• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Recon

Banned
808's and Heartbreak is and will always be his best work, just ahead of TCD and LR. This isnt opinion, just cold hard facts.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
untitled-2c3btk.png

untitled-5zxx6x.png

Welcome to the light dark, brother.

had me scared with that 'light' stuff for a sec brah.

i think you get a really good understanding of kanye's mindset during this album, moreso than any other he's made.

it's that album we all wanna make when we feel bad after a relationship goes to shit. and he brought those ideas to life.

Tokubetsu

had me scared with that 'light' stuff for a sec brah.

i think you get a really good understanding of kanye's mindset during this album, moreso than any other he's made.

it's that album we all wanna make when we feel bad after a relationship goes to shit. and he brought those ideas to life.

When alls said and done, I still think it'll be Kanye's most influential album. As removed from it as they are, I honestly don't think we would have Frank Oceans and Weeknds without it. Hell even a lot of the-dreams later work, that matter of fact song writing seems influence by 808s to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I generally like all of 808s, but I don't really come back to it as often as every other Yeezy album. Actually, anything Yeezy puts out I eventually begin to like over time, no matter how much I hate it. So pretty much my rankings for his worst albums are based on how many crap songs I can't get to like no matter what. And at the bottom is Graduation (Drunk and Hot Girls) and 808s (Love Lockdown). I just happen to hate Drunk and Hot Girls a LOT more and there are a lot of weaker tracks on Graduation as well.

Rumblings at KTT suggest Kanye and Travis Scott are using a "new type" of autotune on this album that is more electronic. Not even sure what that could possibly mean, but I think it will just sound more robotic and less muffled/overlayed with interference.

I fucks with the tracks Kanye has done where his voice has been intentionally muffled though. CDDF and Gorgeous are super dope and I really like that effect.

solarus

what? Cudi blessed MBDTF with the best hook on the album

Cudi is great at hooks and that's about it, for me personally anyway. His rapping is pretty meh, I stopped enjoying his rapping after his debut which was a great album (I wouldn't go as far as to call it a classic however), every album after that was so disappointing. A kid named cudi and his debut will probably be the best work he'll ever put out, ignoring his hooks.

Recon

Banned
Hopefully this one gets it. It was criminal how MBDTF wasn't even nominated, let alone not winning.

Maybe they actually realized how painfully mediocre it was. If Kanye ever gets a Grammy it will just be a make up award for skipping over TCD/LR/808s.

Not to mention the incredibly lazy act of filling it up with GOOD Friday tracks.

Exactly. Really made the album pointless when we had heard a good portion of it already. Plus the never ending feature list.

808s is popping up in my rotation more and more. Weed and that album go so well

Tetra-9

Man I never knew people liked 808s that much, especially over MBDTF. Anyways my ranking are MBDTF>CD>Graduation>808>LR. I will say thought that Drunk and Hot Girls really kills Graduation, I also struggle to get through Barry Bonds... those songs back-to-back.smh.

Cudi is great at hooks and that's about it, for me personally anyway. His rapping is pretty meh, I stopped enjoying his rapping after his debut which was a great album (I wouldn't go as far as to call it a classic however), every album after that was so disappointing. A kid named cudi and his debut will probably be the best work he'll ever put out, ignoring his hooks.

I completely disagree with to the point where I can just say that you either dig cudi's voice, flow and creativity or you don't

Gorillaz

If Dark Twisted didn't win a grammy then no way in hell will this one win. Especially if the album is apparently more of a black history/Malcolm X theme.

Gorillaz

Heard em say back then was probably one of my favorite tracks, shit was just simple for the most part. Those are the type of tracks I wish he would make every now and then but whatever

Top Bottom