• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

RJT

Through the wire and Familly Business are my favorite Kanye songs. After that, my top 10 will probably change every time I list it. Today, I'd say All Falls Down, Drive Slow, Diamonds, Gone, Everything I Am, Flashing Lights, Power, and Hell of a Life.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Right in my veins, Kanye doesn't disappoint. Hyped by how many people worked on this too. I love how raw Black Skinhead sounds.

Fjordson

I forgot about Gone. That's right outside my top 5.

I used to love Cam'ron back then. He's always a goofy mother fucker, but it was entertaining. And he always got dope production (seriously, listen to some of the beats on Purple Haze).

Dali

Agreed.

Drive Slow, All Falls Down, Heard 'Em Say, Hey Mama, Spaceship.

How does this list not include the song that put him on the map: Through the Wire?

I'd say TtW, Power, Home (mixtape version), Never Let Me Down, and Jesus Walks.

Soul beat Kanye is best Kanye.
Does a Michael Bolten sample count as a soul beat, lol?

Through the wire and Familly Business are my favorite Kanye songs. After that, my top 10 will probably change every time I list it. Today, I'd say All Falls Down, Drive Slow, Diamonds, Gone, Everything I Am, Flashing Lights, Power, and Hell of a Life.

this is almost my list

also, am i the only one who thinks diamonds > diamonds remix

cdyhybrid

My top 6 songs (not in order):

Flashing Lights
All Falls Down
Through the Wire
We Major
Gone
Gorgeous

I can't take one out to get it down to 5 :p

Fjordson

How does this list not include the song that put him on the map: Through the Wire?

I'd say TtW, Power, Home (mixtape version), Never Let Me Down, and Jesus Walks.

Soul beat Kanye is best Kanye.
I don't really like Through the Wire these days. I did back when it came out, and the circumstances of the recording with his jaw make it one of his most interesting songs he's ever done, but going back to it I don't really like it as much. Maybe I overplayed it back in the day.

Edit:
My top 6 songs (not in order):

Flashing Lights
Ooh, nice choice. One of the few post-Late Registration tracks I really like.

Dali

I don't really like Through the Wire these days. I did back when it came out, and the circumstances of the recording with his jaw make it one of his most interesting songs he's ever done, but going back to it I don't really like it as much. Maybe I overplayed it back in the day.

I like his older stuff for that very reason. Seems more personal and real. Like the stuff he says about his girlfriend in Never Let Me Down and Jesus Walks (which apparently was co-written by Rhymefest, but still seems like a very personal song). Also just the whole premise of College Dropout being about where he was in his life, dropping out of college and pursuing music, made the album that much more compelling.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Again, way too many Kanye jams but:

Family Business, Welcome To Heartbreak, Blame Game, Never Let Me Down & Drive Slow.

EDIT: Spaceship and Hey Mama as Honourable Mentions.

DMczaf

I think my favorite part of these song lists is that it's getting me to open up my iTunes and just start listening to random ass Kanye songs when I read a song from a list and go "Oooh, haven't heard that one in a while."

There are very few Kanye songs I dislike, but if I had to pick favorites, it'd probably be along the lines of:

Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Flashing Lights, Jesus Walks, Hell of a Life, and Runaway.

I really like dramatic/angry/sad Kanye, I guess. I love New Slaves and Black Skinhead so I'm really excited for this new album right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think my favorite part of these song lists is that it's getting me to open up my iTunes and just start listening to random ass Kanye songs when I read a song from a likst and go "Oooh, haven't heard that one in a while."
I definitely just did that too haha.

808s talk had me listening to Paranoid, and I'm kinda meh on that song, but when I went back to it I was all like "not bad".

DominoKid

You realize DJ Toomp produced that song entirely right?

Still a classic song, but interesting how you think a DJ Toomp track is kanyes best work

it was originally for Jeezy's I Got Money (Remix) hence the Jeezy adlibs in the background. why he didn't use it, IDK. but he ended up on the CTMN remix though.

Village

1) The remixed version of Drive Slow with T.I ( with the orchestra )
2) It all falls down
3)Gone
4) late
5) I wonder

( as you can see I really Liked LR )

Fjordson

1) The remixed version of Drive Slow with T.I ( with the orchestra )
2) It all falls down
3)Gone
4) late
5) I wonder

( as you can see I really Liked LR )
LR is a classic (that and College Dropout).

Also, All Falls Down is so good. I remember first seeing the video on MTV way back when and thinking a) this beat and hook is godly and b) Stacey Dash is fine as fuck.

Zekes!

Man, it's hard choosing my top 5 Yeezy tracks:

Devil in a New Dress
Heard 'Em Say
Everything I Am
Hey Mama
Power

Maybe? I dunno man, Maybe switch out something for All Falls Down

iavi

I think my favorite Ye track is probably "Addiction". Definitely one of the more underrated in dudes catalog.

Nemesis_

My favourite Kanye West song is FLASHING LIGHTS and I didn't know up until about three weeks ago that DWELE was a dude. >_>

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I have the two SNL performances on repeat on YouTube.

Help me.

I just want this album now please...

IrishNinja

These are the official rankings

1. MBDTF
2. LR
3. Graduation
4. CD
5. 808s
6. WTT

iBllYR3jQaEN8.gif

MBDTF was a bloated mess. Shit barely deserved to be printed to a CD let alone get a grammy

BmwdGrT.gif

Drive Slow is top 5 Yeezy songs

Any debate?

Can't Tell Me Nothing is Kanye West's best song of all time, and I think MBDTF is his best album.

qjOpbGU.gif

he's right. kid cudi has a classic holistic alternative to medicinal sleep aids.

ykyDgfS.gif

Top Bottom