• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye's reign of destruction continues, unlike his tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, if he does have a mental illness I hope he gets the help he needs.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Saw him a few weeks ago. He had the same 15 minute rant/interlude, but finished the show and did well during the songs. It was a good time and worth the money. Feel sorry for fans holding tickets for later dates as it is a solid and unique production worthy of your time.

ColdPizza

Banned
Saw him a few weeks ago. He had the same 15 minute rant/interlude, but finished the show and did well during the songs. It was a good time and worth the money. Feel sorry for fans holding tickets for later dates as it is a solid and unique production worthy of your time.

He's quickly going the Axl Rose route, but it's not too late for him to get some help.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I genuinely think Kanye intended to run for president 2020. Him going out of stage "on that Trump shit", he thought he was going to rile up the crowd and gain a following like Trump did.

But because Kanye's a crazy half wit, it went totally awry, and now Kanye is dispondant and pouting that things didn't go as in his fantasy.

kingslunk

I thought this article on Bloomberg was interesting.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rrendering-30-million-with-abrupt-end-of-tour

Kanye is going to miss out on $30 million in revenue due to the cancellation. That $30 million in revenue is from lost ticket sales and is not a penalty he has to pay. I'm sure his concerts are covered by insurance so I'm not sure if he has any financial penalty for cancelling.

That's not even including merc. holy shit why kanye.

Bronx-Man

Banned
E! is saying Kanye cancelled due to work exhaustion from running the tour and the new product line Adidas put him in charge of.

E! is saying Kanye cancelled due to work exhaustion from running the tour and the new product line Adidas put him in charge of.

I find that hard to believe. This is what he wanted to do(run his shoe line, clothing, music etc...)

I genuinely think Kanye intended to run for president 2020. Him going out of stage "on that Trump shit", he thought he was going to rile up the crowd and gain a following like Trump did.

But because Kanye's a crazy half wit, it went totally awry, and now Kanye is dispondant and pouting that things didn't go as in his fantasy.

Sort of sounds like when he revealed his game at the Season 3 premiere event. He ran the trailer twice because the crowd wasn't hype enough the first time.

border

Was it exactly the same rant as in Sacramento? About FUCK RADIO, Drake/Frank Ocean, Hillary Clinton, Mark Zuckerberg and his search for aliens? I would be surprised as hell if that rambling was actually scripted and performed at shows throughout America.

collige

Banned
I find that hard to believe. This is what he wanted to do(run his shoe line, clothing, music etc...)

Exhaustion and mental health issues from touring has been an issue in dance music for quite a while now. See:
https://www.djbroadcast.net/article/98861/djs-and-mental-health-electronic-musics-last-taboo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/b97ae0df-1bf2-44eb-95c3-2678dd996739

I would imagine the situation is pretty similar for hip-hop and the fact that he's one of the biggest celebrities on the planet probably doesn't help things very much.

Grinchy

Banned
Gives up $30M while pretending he needs a "Medici family to step up and let him create!"

I hope this idiot's career is over, but let's be real...his fans are going to keep buying his albums and they're going to keep buying his $200 T-shirts and $400 hoodies.

hyp

kanye's marketing has been way more impressive than his music. dude knows how to get attention.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I just came across a transcript of the apparent rant he went on recently at a concert.

All I could think about is how terrible it must be to be a multi-millionaire without a want or worry in the world.

Hope the guy can get the help he needs because man oh man does it seem like he needs it.

Edit: Also the unhingedness of Kanye really makes you wonder if his portrayal on South Park is a bit more accurate than we all thought possible.

Azzanadra

Either Kanye is mentally ill as we suspected all along, or he gets his kicks of shit like this because he knows his money and fame will carry him through the worst of public scandals barring murdering someone. I long suspected he was just ill, but these days I am more incline to believe the latter.

chaislip3

NBC News reporting that he's been hospitalized

Kanye West was under observation at a Los Angeles area hospital late Monday after the remaining dates of his national tour were abruptly canceled, multiple authorities familiar with the case told NBC News.

The admission followed a week of bizarre incidents during which the provocative rapper publicly railed against fellow music stars Beyoncé and Jay Z and retroactively endorsed President-elect Donald Trump.

A source familiar with the case said Los Angeles police responded to a medical welfare call about 1:20 p.m. (4:20 p.m. ET). No criminal activity was involved; the decision to hospitalize West was for his own health and safety, the sources said.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...pablo-tour-cancelled-following-beyonc-n686856

I really hope he gets the help he needs

Ponn

Banned
But no, Kanye is just an asshole. /s

I hope he gets through this. Dude clearly can't handle it.

Mental issues, addiction, etc doesn't mean someone can't be a narcissistic asshole too. Sometimes it just lifts the inhibitors. It is a very good thing he is seeking help for what i'm sure will be reported as "exhaustion". Hopefully he will be open to it and this is real and not just a stunt to wash all the bad press away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom