• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Garnett is on some next level stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If you want the rep as a tough guy than you back it up. If you don't then don't talk shit or huff and puff. Guys like Oakley have their rep because of this. They backed it up. KG is more like a Lambeer. Just an annoying instigator.

I completely disagree with your definition of tough.

he got chin checked and cowered from a guy 1 foot shorter than him. The tough guy act is just that. If you are going to talk trash back it up.

It's mind games dude. I don't understand why some fans don't get it. Garnett isn't looking to fight anyone out there mostly. He's trying to pysche you out. 'backing it up' is one of the dumbest things he could do with suspensions on the line. I will never get why people say what you say..

Siegcram

It's mind games dude. I don't understand why some fans don't get it. Garnett isn't looking to fight anyone out there mostly. He's trying to pysche you out. 'backing it up' is one of the dumbest things he could do with suspensions on the line. I will never get why people say what you say..
Dude's out there on all fours, barking at freaking Jose Calderon.
That's not mindgames, that's just plain stupidity.

Dude was a walking first round exit for most of his career. Whatever he was trying to do it wasn't working.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dude was a walking first round exit for most of his career. Whatever he was trying to do it wasn't working.

So you're arguing that he should start punching people because in the beginning of his career he didn't do well in the playoffs. Uh huh.

I just think it's funny that in any other walk of life someone who goes around starting fights and instigating shit and then backing away when people react would be called what he is: An asshole. I just don't think it was "mind games". I think you guys give KG far too much credit. I just think he was an asshole. He was incredibly talented. He could have left the asshole-ish behavior to guys like Lambieer who wouldn't otherwise be in the league.

what salt.
anyway thats an incredibly lazy way to sum up his career and makes you look like an ignorant hater. He was the focal point of Boston's championship winning D, the one thats probably top 15 all time in that department. Whatever he was doing did work. Dude was known for being a great communicator at that end of the floor.
He was also extremely unselfish as a player. Not ball dominant at all. Dude will go down as one of the best power fowards ever and probably one of the top 5 defenders ever.

what salt.
anyway thats an incredibly lazy way to sum up his career and makes you look like an ignorant hater. He was the focal point of Boston's championship winning D, the one thats probably top 15 all time in that department. Whatever he was doing did work. Dude was known for being a great communicator at that end of the floor.
He was also extremely unselfish as a player. Not ball dominant at all.

All those things you described he could have still been without getting on all fours and barking at players.

All those things you described he could have still been without getting on all fours and barking at players, or wishing them "happy mother's day" knowing their mother was dead.

I dont care about whatever objectionable shit he said on the floor and if some mean spirited comment from a decade ago is at the forefront of your mind when you evaluate KG's career, you're just a salty hater.
At least the guy was never implicated in some criminal shit, unlike other NBA stars.

aznpxdd

Fight the good fight Ninja.

KG was a beast, but a god damn asshole and exclusively picked on players smaller than him.

I dont care about whatever objectionable shit he said on the floor and if some mean spirited comment from a decade ago is at the forefront of your mind when you evaluate KG's career, you're just a salty hater.

The irony. I think you might be the one who should've watched more NBA in the past 15 years.

I went to High School with Kevin in South Carolina. He was always a really nice guy, but incredibly shy. I wonder how much of his weird antics were just a way for him to cope with being in the spotlight....

iamblades

KG really doesn't want any part of the chuckwagon in a fight, and deep down, he knows it, which is what bothers him so deeply.

Chuck Hayes might just be the strongest guy in the league.

if what has been said about him making fun of tim duncan's dead mother during a game just to get in his head, then i don't know how anyone can respect him.

i've always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the whole honey nut cheerios thing makes me think there's some truth to it.

Fight the good fight Ninja.

KG was a beast, but a god damn asshole and exclusively picked on players smaller than him.

The irony. I think you might be the one who should've watched more NBA in the past 15 years.
Okay? Whats your point? Plenty of assholes who happen to be GOAT tier players.
Isaiah Thomas. MJ. Kobe.
So I wouldnt exactly want to share a beer with these guys,but fuck me if I didnt want to see them play.

At least the guy was never implicated in some criminal shit, unlike other NBA stars.

I don't deny he was a great player, one of the best of all time, he was also an asshole to an extreme degree.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
No I'm arguing he should have stopped acting like a clown/trash talking because it probably didn't work.

If he would have punched a guy, then it may have worked and he would have a title sooner? I'm not getting how his playoff performance is tied into him not punching a guy after he got elbowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom