• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer 7. What's happening?

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone else picked up on gossip that the game has been plagued with quality issues? A couple of people have told me this - one stating Nintendo knocked it back for playable status for this year's E3.

Before the rant starts, I'm not claiming this is true. Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything along the same lines. Ta! :)

SantaC

Folder said:
Has anyone else picked up on gossip that the game has been plagued with quality issues? A couple of people have told me this - one stating Nintendo knocked it back for playable status for this year's E3.

Before the rant starts, I'm not claiming this is true. Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything along the same lines. Ta! :)

no, but looking at the latest pics I could very well believe Nintendo.

What capcom studio is making K7 again?

snapty00

Banned
I would be very suspicious of any game in which the directors can only give vague references about how it plays.

No Capcom developed is making the game...The game is being developed by Grasshopper Incorporated, Directed by Suda 51 at Grasshopper, and Produced by Shinji Mikami and Hiroyuki Kobayashi. Last I had heard, SCEA turned the game down for possible US localization.

MarkMacD

Folder said:

Kobayashi's spin on it, anyway, is that it hasn't been playable at a trade show (like the last TGS) because it's not a game you can pick up and play for only 5 minutes and understand. You need like an hour with it to really grasp it. (shrug) FYI.

ge-man

My hype for the game has all but disappeared. The gameplay sounded interesting at first, but no one has said anything more about. It looks like whenever it arrives it will be another empty shell of a hyped game dressed in a slick presentation.

SantaC

new K7 screenshots from IGNcube today.

killer-7-20040928020953955.jpg

killer-7-20040928020958330.jpg

killer-7-20040928021002205.jpg

killer-7-20040928021005002.jpg

killer-7-20040928021004080.jpg

killer-7-20040928021003611.jpg

killer-7-20040928021008439.jpg

killer-7-20040730022203793.jpg

killer-7-20040928020959783.jpg

killer-7-20040730022204418.jpg

killer-7-20040730022205668.jpg

killer-7-20040928021001627.jpg

cvxfreak

Capcom recently bumped both the PS2 and GC editions over to Spring 2005 in Japan, so Capcom must be aiming for a simultaneous release out there.

SantaC

CVXFREAK said:
Capcom recently bumped both the PS2 and GC editions over to Spring 2005 in Japan, so Capcom must be aiming for a simultaneous release out there.

Yeah I heard some rumors that they delayed the gc version in order to release both versions simultaneous. If not for that the GC version would be out earlier...

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
FoneBone said:
Still looks stylish, but I really don't think I care anymore.

That;s the problem. It's been such a long time since everyone we first saw it and got excitied. Capcom just dishes out no comment on any question regarding pretty much anything. Something is not right, if only the fact that the hysteria has all but fizzled out...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh god, I just got a useless puzzle vibe off two of those pics. If I have to mess around with a drink machine to open a door...GAME OVER.

I would be less worried about Killer 7 if Capcom allowed someone to play it and the comment about what it was like, yeah that would be great. I'm just going to step off the hype train just in case. I couldn't allow myself to see all the signs that DMC2 would be crap because I wanted it to be good. Let's hope this project isn't messed up. All the hush hush crap makes me think something very basic in the game doesn't work well and needed to be changed. But who knows.

Top Bottom