• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Agent713

I had a chance to play this at the Xbox One tour here in Phoenix(Scottsdale). The game was everything I hoped to be. Lightning quick, fluid, amazing combos. The only gripe I had was that the build I played did not have Orchid. Other than that I can't wait until next Friday!

yeppers. Next week he will be in the launch trailer.

when that may be? Who knows. Since they usually released KI trailers on Friday and obviously that's too late

They said before launch. Launch is literally in a week. So...yeah, we'll see him sometime next week.

Next week's trailer will most likely be a CGI trailer. Finally detailing what's going on in the game as a little teaser for the Story of the game. That way they CAN show Fulgore's new look, but not actually show his in game look.

Thinking a bit in regards to the lore of KI. With these eight characters, here's what we have if the game's continuing from KI2's Story.

-Jago didn't kill Orchid or Fulgore in KI2, so that way Orchid/Jago ARE Partners, but they probably don't know that they're related.
-Sabrewulf killed Glacius from KI2, but he's still searching for a cure while still holding in his primal rage (hah), hence the tranqs in his muzzle and the like.
-This Glacius we see now is a completely different Glacius (keeping KI tradition), hunting down the guy who killed his race that were stranded at Earth--Sabrewulf.
-Eagle is dead (duh), and Thunder continues on with life, while Sadira is possibly hunting him down under Ultratech's rule(?). Fulgore and Sadira could possibly be partners (with Sadira having her own motives, obviously.)
-Spinal was once again re-assimilated by probably Ultratech or Shadow Jago, still acting as someone's henchman. Probably going after Thunder as well.
-Shadow Jago...is an anomaly. He could either be a re-production of Gargos's influence on Jago (Evil Tiger!Spirit), or Ultratech probably made a clone out of Jago using whatever was remaining of Gargos.

Allies
Jago/Orchid/Thunder/Glacius(?)

Neutral
Sabrewulf

Antagonists
S. Jago, Sadira, Spinal, Fulgore.

Sabrewulf gives no fucks

We will probably see him in the launch trailer.

Sweet. I can't wait to see his design.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Any take on how you guys want Shadow Jago to play like?

And have they said that Shadow Jago will be getting his own stage?

Short, easy answer: Like an "Orochi" characters out of KoF! They were the perfect "EX" Characters, that never seemed like they made their other counterparts a waste.

As far as him having a stage... they said before he would, but on latest stream, they kinda just said "No". Might change later.

Final question: Anybody have a video of the last stream. I missed it. :c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4no9GsHFw

DrDogg

think i'll wait to see how it plays on a standard pad, but oh so tempted to just go all in for the $40 version. will likely anyways!

It's not bad on a regular pad so long as you're cool with using the shoulder buttons and triggers for a fighting game. I still vastly prefer a stick, but I don't foresee any troubles winning my local launch tournament on this pad.

Short, easy answer: Like an "Orochi" characters out of KoF! They were the perfect "EX" Characters, that never seemed like they made their other counterparts a waste.

As far as him having a stage... they said before he would, but on latest stream, they kinda just said "No". Might change later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4no9GsHFw

Hah. Definitely would like to have S. Jago to play completely different from Jago. But what exactly could it be that'll make him stand out from him and all the rest of the cast? Mostly curious as to what his Instinct will be as well.

Maybe have a double? A "shadow" of him. Basically Genei Jin, or more in line of Sougenmu from Zero in MvC3.

Give him a divekick! :p

I was also hoping that they would change up his tattoo or give him scars in replace or something. I dunno. Since he is the much darker tone character.

Also thanks for the video SAB CA, always around when I need it. Haha.

Tizoc

You don't even need to do that. From what I recall you can use your native XBL profile regardless of country. When you setup your XB1 you'll have to select a country (US will probably be easiest).

The trick is, is that in order to buy something from XBL you'll need currency from the country you selected. Since you likely don't have a payment instrument with a billing address in the US, you'll have to buy US XBL cards (such as: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3ZMTKQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20). You should then be able to redeem that to your account and purchase content just fine.

When support for your country is available you can just change it in the system settings and you're good to go to use your normal billing instrument.

With that said, I would wait until next week as someone is surely going to try this and we can see how it works in practice.

Seems similar to how the PS3 does it, thanks for the info otherwise guys.

ShinAmano

Only wish is that either the 360 fightpads work...that there is an adapter to make them work or that there are XB1 fightpads on the way.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
You guys will have a head-start on me at least, I can't afford to get an Xbone till probably late January. :(

I'm thinking I should just pre-order a TE2 stick now to have a chance of getting one by the time I get the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's not bad on a regular pad so long as you're cool with using the shoulder buttons and triggers for a fighting game. I still vastly prefer a stick, but I don't foresee any troubles winning my local launch tournament on this pad.

yeah, thats my concern. i havent been into fighters for ages but recall rearranging buttons for 6-button fighters when using a pad to the four most used attacks. i never trained myself to use those in a fighter and it seems like it would be incredibly ackward and difficult to do now. KI also seems like the type of fighter where all attacks would be a must or face getting broken much more often.

We should have a GAF noob league

4-buttoners unite!

New002

You guys will have a head-start on me at least, I can't afford to get an Xbone till probably late January. :(

I'm thinking I should just pre-order a TE2 stick now to have a chance of getting one by the time I get the game.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to pre-order and grab one ahead of time just to be safe.

Man, I remember when this was announced and everybody was bummed out because Double Helix was making it. Turns out it might be one of the best launch titles for this gen!

So...I know the difference between the $20 and $40 versions...someone talk me into the $40.

ki-arcade-orchid-flash-1.gif

On top of the arcade KI port you get early access to Spinal and Fulgore, and all customization for the characters. It's a great deal if you're a hardcore KI fan, if not, get the $20 version.

ShinAmano

On top of the arcade KI port you get early access to Spinal and Fulgore, and all customization for the characters. It's a great deal if you're a hardcore KI fan, if not, get the $20 version.

So...is the customization only part of the 40 or can I nickel and dime it with the 20?

Do you pay extra for spinal and fulgore?

Nope 19.99 gets you the first 8 characters (Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, Spinal, Fulgore). $40 version just gets you them earlier, which might be a couple days, a week, or a month. They have yet to specify.

So...is the customization only part of the 40 or can I nickel and dime it with the 20?

I think most of it can be unlocked with KP (earned by completing challenges and just playing) and some of it is only unlockable through the $40 version. If I had to guess you can just buy some of it with microtransactions.

Binabik15

Oh my god, the "woman flashes boobs and guy dies" fatality I've been told about on the school yard is actually real o.o The babality where women get knocked up and give birth are still fake, though, yes?

ShinAmano

Oh my god, the "woman flashes boobs and guy dies" fatality I've been told about on the school yard is actually real o.o The babality where women get knocked up and give birth are still fake, though, yes?

Lol...in MK they just turn the opponent into babies.

DrDogg

Reviews are embargoed until Tuesday night (IGN has the exclusive), but I will say there are two things that bother me about the game. Both are unrelated to gameplay and fairly minor to most people, but they're still gripes nonetheless.

I'll discuss after Tuesday night, and I may even stream before launch if the Twitch app shows up before then. Basically, after Tuesday night I can answer any and all questions about the launch build.

this then?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...Xbox-Live-Gold-Membership/productID.282262700

i need to renew in december anyways. anywhere have a deal on this? any chance this is the full game too, or is it just the "demo" and with shadow jago?

Yeah, that. If you get it at Best Buy you get a $20 MS credit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Top Bottom