• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Tizoc

The whole roster was posted up. Lol
Cg3Vv-pU0AA9UUy.jpg:large
Why are there 2 athenas? :v

Amedo310

I wonder why Choi and Chang aren't with Kim today and are in their prisoner wear.

I think it has something to do with Chang learning ZA WARUDO! and a timelord or time itself had to correct such BS by making sure that he and Choi never trained under Kim in the first place.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
those two are probably beyond help at this point

nah they said Kim's training was rubbing them off

That, or the time reset just made it so Kim's "rehab" never happened.

Remember how they wanted to have Choi and Chang on an "Outlaw" team in the first place?

it does make me wonder, is KoFXIV a reboot?

I think it has something to do with Chang learning ZA WARUDO! and a timelord or time itself had to correct such BS by making sure that he and Choi never trained under Kim in the first place.

Leona still stalks Chang tho!

TreIII

it does make me wonder, is KoFXIV a reboot?

In some ways, it might as well be.

We know that XIV has a new writer, and that Ureshino is out. It also looks like a number of other things have been rolled back too, such as Mature and Vice looking perfectly fine, and effectively closing the book on their DOA status.

And on top of that, it's a brand new saga. Perfect opportunity for a soft reboot.

I like that thanks to the movelist section we now have names for everyone

Masked guy = Mian
Team SA's female member = Zarina
Kim's Master = Gang-Il
Prisoner Team's leader = Xanadu
The sleeping kid from China = Meitenkun
Geese's butler = Hein
Boss = Antonov

Also for some reason Banderas' full name being Banderas Hattori is amusing to me

Korigama

The site has some of the command lists up.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/command/

One thing I noticed was that Benimaru's Neomax/Climax input changed (Used to be 236236KK, now 2141236PP)
Hm, no more Freeze Execution for Kula (the only DM aside from Diamond Edge being a new one called Frozen Arena, with the new addition for the Climax DM being Glacier Ridge).

Not particularly pleased with Athena still not having Fang Arrow back (not that I'm all that wild about Phoenix Bomb still being f+LK, either).

BossRush

ANDY BOGARD
Andy decided to learn the traditional martial art of Koppou and Shiranui ninjutsu in order to defeat Geese Howard, the one who assassinated his adoptive father Jeff Bogard. Quiet and polite, Andy always shows respect to his opponents. He is now in a relationship with the beautiful Mai Shiranui.

YOOOO

Loona

Interesting that the Yagami team descriptions for Vica and Mature refers to them as former members of the Orochi clan... I wonder if something happened that retroactively changed their lineage and death status, that may be related to the alternate world team and the final boss...

So Loona works at SNK then :p

Fatal Fury lore woudlnt apply here. Jin twins would be protectors of the Phoenix Scroll in KOF continuity then so his appearance would be adding more pointless unsolved lore in the story.

I wish, but I suspect not knowing enough Japanese makes me useless to them as they currently stand.

As for FF lore, whatever's not a direct contradiction is still assumed to apply, so if Geese being alive implies nothing about the KoF continuity's holders of the scrolls (which in FF continuity were Krauser, Tung and the Jins, until Geese got Krauser and Tung's).

And yes, Chonrei appearing in KoF with Tung would very much tickle my fan tendencies, although it's weird to be "famous" for liking that... someone once recognized me posting anonimously about that on /vr/...

Not putting a lot of trust into that rumor, but between covering a per favorite and the recurring wishes for Yamazaki and Vanessa, I gotta admit it's a nice list.

It's odd that Yashiro is included but not Chris and Shermie.

Well, Yashiro was the team leader in 97, Goenitz degenerates into cheapness too easily, and Shermie already got to represent the Orochi gang in NGBC...

ANDY BOGARD
Andy decided to learn the traditional martial art of Koppou and Shiranui ninjutsu in order to defeat Geese Howard, the one who assassinated his adoptive father Jeff Bogard. Quiet and polite, Andy always shows respect to his opponents. He is now in a relationship with the beautiful Mai Shiranui.

YOOOO
YNV4G.gif

Warxard

Banned
ANDY BOGARD

YOOOO

I'm making the FUCKING thread

TreIII

ANDY BOGARD

YOOOO

Son of a bitch, he FINALLY did it.

Only took the boy 20+ years! That's some dedication on Mai's part to be waiting for commitment from one man!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I dunno if old but someone in the comment section of gematsu posted this:

KOFXIV DLC's Leaked list(nothing confirmed)

-Japan (Shingo)
-Ryuuko no Ken/Art of Fighting (Takuma)
-Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
-South America (Brazilian MMA Fighter)
-Official Invitation (Shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro, and Krizalid))
-Mou Hitotsu no Sekai/Another World (Lee)
-K '(Whip)
-Ikari (Heidern)
-Yagami (Eiji)
-Mexico (Vanessa)
-Kim (Jhun)
-Southtown (Yamazaki)
-Psycho Soldier (Bao)
-Women Fighters (Kazumi)
-Villain (Raiden)
-China (Jin Chonrei)

Anyone knows the source or if it's true?

Man Krizalid, Shingo and Yamazaki!?!?!?!? I can't wait if true!

Neoxon

ANDY BOGARD

YOOOO
YNV4G.gif

delSai

-Japan (Shingo)
-K '(Whip)
-Ikari (Heidern)
-Yagami (Eiji)
-Mexico (Vanessa)
-Kim (Jhun)
-Southtown (Yamazaki)
-Psycho Soldier (Bao)
-Women Fighters (Kazumi)
-Villain (Raiden)
-China (Jin Chonrei)

Man Krizalid, Shingo and Yamazaki!?!?!?!? I can't wait!
Woah, Vanessa!? Please be real!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

-Japan (Shingo)
-K '(Whip)
-Ikari (Heidern)
-Yagami (Eiji)
-Mexico (Vanessa)
-Kim (Jhun)
-Southtown (Yamazaki)
-Psycho Soldier (Bao)
-Women Fighters (Kazumi)
-Villain (Raiden)
-China (Jin Chonrei)

Man Krizalid, Shingo and Yamazaki!?!?!?!? I can't wait if true!

Posted it in this thread myself last night, sourced from a guy who joined SRK an hour ago at the time. It made it's rounds for a while, before the trailer dropped.

Most feel like it's a Fake Google translated-to-Japanese, too-good-to-be-true thing, because a lot of the wrong Kanji and grammar is used all over the original "Japanese" leak.

The only people who keep saying they're unhappy, even after that legendary bonus list, are Rock players ;-)

Beckx

Posted it in this thread myself last night, sourced from a guy who joined SRK an hour ago at the time. It made it's rounds for a while, before the trailer dropped.

Most feel like it's a Fake Google translated-to-Japanese, too-good-to-be-true thing, because a lot of the wrong Kanji and grammar is used all over the original "Japanese" leak.

The only people who keep saying they're unhappy, even after that legendary bonus list, are Rock players ;-)

Rock players gotta look at the silver lining: more is coming and Garou 2 would not be a shock.

The official account (when announcing the new logo & return to "The Future is Now" motto) talks about watching for more.

Top Bottom