• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2: Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer | Gamescom 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

This thrilling story-driven action RPG, set amid the chaos of a civil war in 15th Century Bohemia, releases 11 February 2025.

Experience a true RPG experience - with authentic first person combat and an epic cinematic story - as you live life through the eyes and actions of Henry, a young man on a quest to avenge his murdered parents.​

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I just best the game 2 months ago, what a hell of an experience. It can be difficult at first but the world is like no other.

One of the best games of it's type ever. I only put a game like The Witcher 3 above it.

Pop

Count Me In Season 5 GIF by New Girl

Kurotri

Never managed to play much of the original back then, but I do remember feeling incredibly immersed. I have never played a game that captured forests so well before. It oozed atmosphere and authenticity as well as passion to that particular setting and its rpg nature. I really want to give this new one a try, it looks fantastic.

Denton

Never managed to play much of the original back then, but I do remember feeling incredibly immersed. I have never played a game that captured forests so well before. It oozed atmosphere and authenticity as well as passion to that particular setting and its rpg nature. I really want to give this new one a try, it looks fantastic.
If you have a PC I would recommend playing the first one in full, with all DLCs and especially hardcore mode. It is the most immersive gaming experience on the market, only matched by RDR2 and STALKER trilogy.

JayK47

Kinda sorta too many possibly awesome games coming out.

I hope they improve the combat. It really looks amazing.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Looks interesting. Might bite.

How was the combat in the original?

Against multiple opponents it could feel quite janky. Perhaps that was somewhat intentional, since 1vX fights tend to go poorly for the lone combatant in real life; or maybe they just couldn't figure out a good way to make the camera work well with the lock-on system. Whatever the case, the core combat mechanics were really solid, drawing on historical European martial arts, so one-on-one duels were loads of fun. Definitely more engaging than your average Skyrim-like slasher.

Killjoy-NL

Against multiple opponents it could feel quite janky. Perhaps that was somewhat intentional, since 1vX fights tend to go poorly for the lone combatant in real life; or maybe they just couldn't figure out a good way to make the camera work well with the lock-on system. Whatever the case, the core combat mechanics were really solid, drawing on historical European martial arts, so one-on-one duels were loads of fun. Definitely more engaging than your average Skyrim-like slasher.
Sounds good. The combat from the trailer seems very cool.

Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

Oberstein

It was a... really weird presentation.
I appreciated the “no bullshit” aspect, but it made the whole thing look a bit raw. The character animations haven't evolved much, unfortunately, especially during dialogues where the camera shots are very fixed.
This is when you realize that The Witcher 3 was ahead of its time. Released in 2015, let's not forget.
The city they showed me also seemed a bit empty, but that was in the morning.
Well, that doesn't detract from the fact that it exudes freshness and authenticity, and that's the most important thing. The environments and costumes are so much more authentic than the American take on medieval Europe. There's a lot of variety in the music too, the display distance is enormous and there's a lot of detail everywhere. And Henry's war cry during the final battle was glorious. Well, they've still got a few months to polish it up. I'm still impatient despite the KCD 1.5 aspect.

Last edited:

Denton

This is when you realize that The Witcher 3 was ahead of its time. Released in 2015, let's not forget.
The difference is, every dialogue scene in Witcher 3 (or games like Horizon or BG3) is a cutscene. That is, specifically directed, taking place in specific place, with handcrafted camera angles and lighting. They can do it because their worlds are static, interactive NPCs do not have daily schedules.

In KCD the characters can be anywhere and do anything when you interact with them, so they cannot handcraft every dialogue scene that way.

Last edited:

bbeach123

I just replay the first game earlier this year and ehhh.... There are not that much different . Except better distance enviroment maybe .

PeteBull

Gold Member
I just replay the first game earlier this year and ehhh.... There are not that much different . Except better distance enviroment maybe .
I think it all depends where person played first game, if maxed on top end pc, indeed progress isnt crazy big coz game already looked crazy good at those settings:

On the other hand if it was 2018's low/midrange pc or console, jump is substantial :p

About switch version, lets not even go there

Outlier

I want to watch it SO MUCH, but I MUST contain my excitement and wait!
Family Guy Reaction GIF

First wait to see the reception, then buy it next year, if it's good to go!

I want to experience this with completely fresh eyes!

Last edited:

StereoVsn

If you have a PC I would recommend playing the first one in full, with all DLCs and especially hardcore mode. It is the most immersive gaming experience on the market, only matched by RDR2 and STALKER trilogy.
I agree with playing the game on PC. I am not so sure about hardcore mode or DLC. The latter felt mostly pointless, but they are super cheap on sale so not a huge deal, just aren’t super necessary.

And hardcore mode felt overly punishing in already quite immersive game.

E-Cat

The landscape actually looks like a fucking landscape, in that the horizon doesn’t begin after 100 meters. Inject it into my veins

Denton

r5t83V3diB5CttxPz3STeR.jpg

DDs6dHuVik3yT83pKkcJXQ.jpg

ArddfdTLnNqPX3UyLbmugQ.jpg

And hardcore mode felt overly punishing in already quite immersive game.
HC does not make the game much more difficult. But removing the GPS and and part of HUD + adding negative perks makes it lot more immersive, especially for navigation

DLCs are nice extras, the one with Hans is funny and the one with Inquisition is just fantastic questline all around.

StereoVsn

r5t83V3diB5CttxPz3STeR.jpg

DDs6dHuVik3yT83pKkcJXQ.jpg

ArddfdTLnNqPX3UyLbmugQ.jpg

HC does not make the game much more difficult. But removing the GPS and and part of HUD + adding negative perks makes it lot more immersive, especially for navigation

DLCs are nice extras, the one with Hans is funny and the one with Inquisition is just fantastic questline all around.
The environments look great!

For Hardcore mode I will agree to disagree. Felt it was way too annoying personally.

For DLC I have them, but could take it or leave it. They are super cheap though so might as well grab that edition with them included. The whole thing is under $10 when on sale.

Top Bottom