• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2: Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer | Gamescom 2024

Senua

wVTzrYX6pq96w78ckYhMsQ.jpg
Fucking wow

GymWolf

Gold Member
The combat is what set apart the first game.
Yes and many people didn't liked it, this is hardly a me thing.

It was even worse to play with a controller.

And a game can be exceptional but if i have to dread every combat encounter, the game is just not for me.

And let's be real, the game has a lot of things that were unique, it was hardly just the combat, (and being clunky for the sake of "realism" is hardly a plus in my book)

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23

And a game can be exceptional but if i have to dread every combat encounter, the game is just not for me.

And let's be real, the game has a lot of things that were unique, it was hardly just the combat, (and being clunky for the sake of "realism" is hardly a plus in my book)
Git GUD

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

GymWolf

Gold Member
Lol, if only was just the controls, the combat wasn't meaty at all, it was not visually pleasant to me animation wise.

Watch some kc combat and then watch some melee combat in darktide, different genre but the difference is GIGANTIC.

KC lookedl ike a theatric play more than rough, meaty, gorey combat.

But i'm happy that you like it, not every game is for everyone.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Lol, if only was just the controls, the combat wasn't meaty at all, it was not visually pleasant to me animation wise.

Watch some kc combat and then watch some melee combat in darktide, different genre but the difference is GIGANTIC.

KC lookedl ike a theatric play more than rough, meaty, gorey combat.

But i'm happy that you like it, not every game is for everyone.
I just wanted to give you a hard time. I did find KC combat janky at times.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I did find KC combat janky at times.
Janky at times indeed, but like you hinted at it was unique and valuable enough to set it apart from other games. And once fully upgraded it was more fun (at least in ~1v1) than most other games. Which as you know is why its fans don't want it any other way - except more polished.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Janky at times indeed, but like you hinted at it was unique and valuable enough to set it apart from other games. And once fully upgraded it was more fun (at least in ~1v1) than most other games. Which as you know is why its fans don't want it any other way - except more polished.
Thank you for affirming my genius.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User

I found that a lot of the things that fans called "immersive" were just a giant waste of time.

But keep in mind that KCD never targeted a mainstream audience.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I found that a lot of the things that fans called "immersive" were just a giant waste of time.

But keep in mind that KCD never targeted a mainstream audience.
I'm all in for the immersive stuff tbh, it's what separate the game from the rest.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
If you have a PC I would recommend playing the first one in full, with all DLCs and especially hardcore mode. It is the most immersive gaming experience on the market, only matched by RDR2 and STALKER trilogy.
Most immersive is in VR controls. That crap controls for melee combat has nothing on immersion compared.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The combat looks like the Chivalry games. How is it?
In the first game? Very cool against a single oponent, but the more enemies you face at the same time the jankier it becomes. The IA in that game doesn't fuck around and it really like ganking on you, specially if there are dogs involved.

2nd seems to be more of the same but, judging by the gameplay video, the enemies don't gank on you as much so it might be better just for that alone.

KCD is on another level regarding assets.
I mean look at it - every building, every bush, tree, road, bricks, stone, armor, clothing is if not all different but at least placed in such beilivable maner that makes it look more real, alive (or less CG).
I just adore visual variety in the series.

Last edited:

I never made it past the very first fight. Deleted the game because it was on deep sale for like $5. It looked interesting but felt like ass to play on every level.

Here we have two crowds, the ones who despise the combat and those who love it for being unique and quite in-depth. In my case, I love the combat of KCD, things only fell apart the moment you had 3+ enemies at once, so this is a criticism I have that I hope the devs addressed with the sequel. Jesus Christ be praised they did it.

Alebrije

Most of RPGs use mediaval settings , specially dark fantasy ones like Witcher and Souls games and it works pretty well

This IP being pure medieval without the fantasy elements(Magic, enemies like dragons or Witches) makes it interesting but at the same time I am afraid I will get bored with just sword combats.

Does the combat is good? Can You upgrade armor, weapons? overall does combat plays a Big role on the gameplay vs other factors like exploration?

_Ex_

KCD has excellent and unique combat. The catch is a learning curve requiring more patience than the average player can muster.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Does the combat is good? Can You upgrade armor, weapons? overall does combat plays a Big role on the gameplay vs other factors like exploration?
Combat isn't the best, but it's unique and very cool against a single oponent.

You can repair your armor and weapons, but I don't remember being able to upgrade them. That said, the armor system might be one of the best, allowimg you to wear many layers and combine pieces as you like.

Combat isn't the focus, nor is exploration really. I'd say the focus is the role-playing and immersion and the quests and story. Just my opinion but I'd say the first game has very good writting, at times I felt like I was watching some high production movie/show.

Flabagast

Most of RPGs use mediaval settings , specially dark fantasy ones like Witcher and Souls games and it works pretty well

This IP being pure medieval without the fantasy elements(Magic, enemies like dragons or Witches) makes it interesting but at the same time I am afraid I will get bored with just sword combats.

combat is like 10% of the gameplay in the first one (and that can be even lower depending on how you play). This is really not the core focus of the game.

StereoVsn

Here we have two crowds, the ones who despise the combat and those who love it for being unique and quite in-depth. In my case, I love the combat of KCD, things only fell apart the moment you had 3+ enemies at once, so this is a criticism I have that I hope the devs addressed with the sequel. Jesus Christ be praised they did it.
Combat was jank against multiple NPCs, but there are bunch of mods on PC side that could help with that. At least they was a case a few years back when I played through the game.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
This is one of those games I want to get into so bad but I tried the original a couple times and it just didnt stick.

Ill definitely keep my eyes on this though regardless, probably end up watching a Youtube video to get caught up on the story then try this one as well anyway.

Mercador

I played KCD at launch with a 1070 and decided to keep it for the next PC. Last year, I played on a 4070, 4K60, *chef kiss* It feels so natural, you see that they took real environment to create the world, it felt way more real than copy paste Ubi worlds.

Top Bottom