• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders

Alex

I used to be interested way back, and still would be if they hadn't picked such a piss poor release date for it. Now as it stands, I'll probably just wait until it falls to $20 bucks before grabbing it if it turns out alright.

Always seemed like a stuffy inbetween of Dynasty Warriors and Sacrifice to me. Which is A-OK.

Syckx

I'm really hyped for this game personally. I think the combination of Dynasty Warriors-esque gameplay with genuine strategy has the potential to be great. I checked out all the unit types at the website and I'm kind of intimidated as to how it will all work to gether and still be easily managed with an Xbox controller. I assume you would have to constantly issue orders while controling the general, right (Directed to anyone who has played it -- Che?).

I'm looking forward to it.

Redbeard

Banned
Here's a good interview with the developers.

On the control:

Fans of the RTS genre are curious about how commanding troops in battle will work, especially in context of the Xbox controller, can you elaborate on how it will work?

The control scheme has been simplified so that you won’t have to struggle with the Xbox controller, yet there is no loss of depth and complexity in commanding troops. You have control of 1-6 troops at any time, switching among them is done with the L/R trigger of the Xbox controller. Once you have the desired troop selected, you issue commands like charge, lurk, retreat, halt, set way-points, attack, change formation, use special skills, etc, etc, with ease. No more than pressing two buttons at a time. Once they’re in battle, you will get to play the general just like in any other 3D action game, with combo attacks, magics, special moves, blocks, parries, counter attacks, etc.

I'm going to get it. It's $39.99 and you can get free overnight shipping on it at GameStop. Looks great, but I'm a little concerned about replay value. I guess we will see.

WarPig

I think it's pretty good. It's basically Kessen strategy with Dynasty Warriors action mashed together, if that sounds good to you.

DFS.

Top Bottom