• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Klonoa reference in Tales of Symphonia

Just wondering who has seen the wonderful Klonoa reference in Tales of Symphonia on Disc 2. After you get the Zircon, if you visit the president's office, there is a brief cut-scene where Presea Dresses up as Klonoa, the mascot for Altamira, and can only say Wahoo. She then earns the title Dream Traveler.

It was almost as entertaining as the shot in Front Mission 3 of Alisa and a friend cosplaying Elly and Margie from Xenogears.

kiryogi

Banned
klonoa.jpg
:p

Not gotten there yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've actually noticed a few outside references so far. Like the Titanic spoof (Palmacosta)and what I can only guess is a reference to Aeris in FF7 (the slums in Meltokio).

There were others, but I can't remember them. I have enjoyed them though.

Mumbles

That's not uncommon for the Tales series, actually. Destiny had Tekken advertisements, and Destiny2/Eternia had characters from other Tales games quiz you on Namco stuff.

All the Tales games after Phantasia had characters from other Tales games at some point, like the appearance of Cless giving you the quiz in Destiny and his Sword Throw if you beat it. I saw Rutee in the Symphonia artbook, but I have yet to see her in the game.

kiryogi

Banned
I believe the Rutee is a unused model.. While there are fun other tales cameos in Symphonia that'll surely hand you your ass on a platter :D (not that hard, but much harder than the normal instory battles/bosses)

I also just noticed that you get to wear the clothes, like in the screenshot, by using the title. She also has a tail in back.

Gruco

Banned
Yeah, I liked that costume the most I think. Presea say "wahoo!" all the time was pretty funny too.

Only problem is that it makes me was another Klonoa game :(

AniHawk

Semjaza Azazel said:
Not gotten there yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've actually noticed a few outside references so far. Like the Titanic spoof (Palmacosta)and what I can only guess is a reference to Aeris in FF7 (the slums in Meltokio).

There were others, but I can't remember them. I have enjoyed them though.

Yeah, the mention of the pretty girl who sold flowers I thought was a reference to FFVII.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
If you do the Palmacosta Orienteering mini-game, you can randomly get a multiple choice quiz. Some of the questions involve other Tales of characters, such as Meredy and her most famous line, etc.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
Man, I still want that enhanced GC Klonoa 2 port Namco promised early on. :/

Why? Wouldn't it be better to hope for a sequel?

You don't even own a Gamecube, do I have to keep reminding you? :p

I'll admit, if they DID release an enhanced port...I'd buy it. :)

Top Bottom