• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack |OT| Playin' Knack in my Tub!

Thoraxes

Really disliked the demo, but I hope to hear some good impressions from you guys here.

WIll probably get it eventually if you all like the finished product.

Aspiring

Great OP. Since Driveclub delay this is now my most wanted game for launch. Absolutely cannot wait. I loved Kameo back at 360 launch and If it's as good, or better I'm in for a treat!

Dat Banderas.gif

Can't wait to play this. Definitely going to make it the first game I platinum on the PS4. I'm getting the big 3 shooters as well, so it'll be nice to have something different AND something I can play on the couch with my family without having to worry about somebody calling me the n-word.

18-Volt

Oh my sharona! Sony are going back to their roots, a platforming launch title! I'm so buying this and hoping for a future sequel.

Eusis

I am a target market for this game. There may only be a few of us but, like, whatever! I love 3d action platformers. Very excited :)
Heh, my biggest concern was always whether there was plentiful platforming or not, though the fact someone fell to their death (albeit mid-fight) IS reassuring. If it has enough of that I think I'll be happy. Hell, the addition of JUMPING is part of why I'm seriously considering Swapforce if I can get everything I'd want out of the Target deal.

I just got back from Target and was surprised to find a playable PS4 there. Played a little bit of Knack and Octodad. They had Dual Shock 4's for sale but I did not spot any PS4 games.

It felt like a decent platformer but lacking in depth. It isn't bad but more simplistic. I'll reserve judgement on wether it is worth $60 but based on first impressions I'd say no. I am fairly confident that the combat gets deeper as you progress.

GeoramA

Really excited. Got the Knack Bundle from Amazon on the way.

I just hope they fixed the blandness of the city street stage. That always looked like a tech demo.

Every other area has looked great, though.

Smokey

Probably gonna scoop. I didn't have a problem with the demo. And it will be a nice cleanser from the shooters and sports titles I'm getting.

Radec

They should show a video demonstration on the hardest difficulty of the game so that hardcore gamers might get turned on by this game.

Is it bad that whenever I go to type Knack into a search engine I always type Klack first...

I'm also really hoping there are deeper mechanics involved. I know there is from videos and streems I have seen but I didn't get to play any first hand today.

Will probably be my favorite launch game.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
As I said in the other thread, picked it up today:

km7HdtR.jpg

Can't wait!

I know in the other thread people were saying how the game looks boring and stuff, but I think that's just because of what they've shown us of the game so far(which has been almost all just action). I have a feeling the puzzles and platforming in this game will be fun. The game reminds me of the PS1 days :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Played it a couple weeks ago and I was bored out of my mind. I doubt I'll pick this up for any more than $20 sadly.

This is my fear. Normally I am all for the genre but everything I've seen just seems for lack of a better word boring. I'm really trying to talk myself into this game though. So I'm hoping that since they have only showed us bits and pieces that maybe the full game really comes together and is something magical.

Hopefully I'll be able to carefully wade through this thread and be able to read some honest opinions from GAF without being spoiled. There are plenty of members here that I respect the opinions of. GAF is going to have to sell me on this game. Can't wait to read impressions next week.

Can't wait!

I know in the other thread people were saying how the game looks boring and stuff, but I think that's just because of what they've shown us of the game so far(which has been almost all just action). I have a feeling the puzzles and platforming in this game will be fun. The game reminds me of the PS1 days :)

I demand to know how you got a Homer quote as a tag!

Played it a couple weeks ago and I was bored out of my mind. I doubt I'll pick this up for any more than $20 sadly.

I remember thinking the demo for Kameo was pretty awful but the actual game turned out amazing. There probably just using a lame area for the demo. Was it that city area?

Eusis

I remember thinking the demo for Kameo was pretty awful but the actual game turned out amazing. There probably just using a lame area for the demo. Was it that city area?
That's why I take demo impressions with a grain of salt, sometimes they just pick a really, REALLY bad slice, or the environment isn't ideal for enjoyment.

daveo42

Banned
I have a feeling that this might surprise people and become a breakout hit after launch. Can't freaking wait for launch day.

Kuro

I am going to wait at least a week for impressions before picking this up. Not worth spending $60 on a game that looks like it could either be an average launch title or a boring tech demo.

Adam Blue

I played it last weekend, and while it controlled beautifully, it had nothing else going on. It also didn't look amazing in person. I was thinking of getting it through the Target deal, just to have it. But just maybe.

Kensuke

There is very little hype for this. Graphically it looks silly and boring. But I actually think it has potential. On hard mode it could be a very decent action platformer. I'm not going to pick it up for 60 euro though. I'm also thinking this one is going to be free on PS+ not long after launch.

only reason im hyped is nothing else interest me at launch(except resogun) and on harder difficulties knack actually looks like a hype action game, kinda an unpopular opinion but I want the platforming at a minimum. I really like how much Cerny has been hyping up harder difficulties.

I wish it really looked more interesting. I love games that aren't shootbangs and really want to have more platformers in general, but Knack wants to be a combat game and a platformer but it's neither here nor there. It certainly has that "launch title" feel. There's interest in it because it's new and there's not much to choose from, but 1+ year down the line when the real good games on the PS4 come out it'll be all but forgotten.

Truly a shame. I wish I was more hyped in this, but the kiosk demo did absolutely zero for me.

GhaleonEB

I'm not getting the PS4 until next year, probably Q2, but unless the reviews and impressions are pretty bad I'll likely get Knack with it. It's just the kind of old school action/platformer I've been missing lately.

I suspect it will be good and cheap by then.

Tsundere

Banned
I'm not getting the PS4 until next year, probably Q2, but unless the reviews and impressions are pretty bad I'll likely get Knack with it. It's just the kind of old school action/platformer I've been missing lately.

I suspect it will be good and cheap by then.
Possibly free with PS+.

Top Bottom