• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack |OT| Playin' Knack in my Tub!

Dinjooh

Guys, guys, stop everything.

ibo40OFrt1neAN.gif

That's right, at least some of the enemies in Knack don't just fade away into nothingness once you've taken them out. These guys have some kind of sweet blue "beam me up" kinda thing going on.

#GAMECHANGER

Really really hyped for this. And i've got two weeks to get the gf hyped for it aswell. Not an easy feat.

I don't know how anyone can say that doesn't look "next-gen."

There's something about that level of ambient occlusion that I just haven't seen in a PS3 game.

I think it's just the art design. It's not realistic looking so most people don't see it as next-gen graphics. I've yet to see it in person, but I own the game and from what I've seen it definitely looks next gen if you know what your looking for. With that said, it's also not utilizing the console the way Killzone is.

Eusis

I think it's just the art design. It's not realistic looking so most people don't see it as next-gen graphics. I've yet to see it in person, but I own the game and from what I've seen it definitely looks next gen if you know what your looking for. With that said, it's also not utilizing the console the way Killzone is.
What's probably flexing the system more is Knack himself, all the parts that make him up would probably have killed older hardware easily or required serious compromises somewhere.

Ikkarus

I've just pre-ordered it now. It will be nice to get stuck in to a good platformer again.

Just have one question - I downloaded the Knack App for the iPhone, how do you link the items you get from that to the game when it comes out?

MJLord

What's probably flexing the system more is Knack himself, all the parts that make him up would probably have killed older hardware easily or required serious compromises somewhere.

Exactly that amount of particles don't come cheap.

DeviantBoi

Was there a pre-order bonus for Knack at Amazon?

And did they originally have November 12 as a release date?

I bought it as my free game with Amazon's B1G1 promotion, but when I ordered it yesterday, it was already showing as "In Stock". I'm wondering if I can convince CS to give me a pre-order code because technically I pre-ordered before their original release date.

DBT85

ibo40OFrt1neAN.gif

That's right, at least some of the enemies in Knack don't just fade away into nothingness once you've taken them out. These guys have some kind of sweet blue "beam me up" kinda thing going on.

Hope they have applied something similar to all enemies. Just adds a little something.

hwy_61

Banned

ibo40OFrt1neAN.gif

They're being sent to another dimension.

I hope this game is good. Giving me some Kameo vibes, a cartoonish looking launch game that I'm sure a lot of people will overlook or underrate but I LOVED Kameo. Just hope this is more Crash Bandicoot, less God of War lite.

You know what kills me in all these Knack videos, specifically the city level? I really wish those buildings were at least a bit destructible. They feel so weird being entirely static. Considering all the particles and whatnot going on with the character himself it's strange that you can't bust up the world a bit.

I used my Amazon free game credit to pick up Knack, and after watching the videos posted above, I think I made a good decision.

ibo40OFrt1neAN.gif

Looks like the mechanical thing explodes

Good, looked so sloppy before when they just popped out of existence

Everdred

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

Knack is actually above Call of Duty Ghosts in the PS4 best sellers listings.

It was down in I think 13th not too long ago, but has shot up to 4th @ amazon.

Actually wow, i thought I sorted by PS4 but no this is the overall best sellers list for videogames. It is dominated by the PS4 atm.

9 of the top 10 are all PS4 games lol.
If you look at the best selling of the year, you can see that Killzone is #94 and COD:Ghosts is #96. The only 2 next-gen titles on the board.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#5

Naudi

Banned
Got this so I have game to play when the kiddos are awake....Also my boys were begging for co-op game they can play, they watch the trailer over again every few days lol. They currently play Castle Crashers all the time and are pretty amazing at it so this looks perfect for them :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

Knack is actually above Call of Duty Ghosts in the PS4 best sellers listings.

It was down in I think 13th not too long ago, but has shot up to 4th @ amazon.

Actually wow, i thought I sorted by PS4 but no this is the overall best sellers list for videogames. It is dominated by the PS4 atm.

9 of the top 10 are all PS4 games lol.
Cerny was right when he said knack was a second purchase.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/cerny-knacks-a-second-purchase-game-for-playstation-4

hopefully we get areas that are more open. i know theres a bit of variety like the boss chase that is reminiscence of the crash game.

so far it's linear with some path for secrets.

Pastry

Banned
FYI the Knack's Quest app has been updated. It now connects to your PSN account so the items can transfer to the game.

ibo40OFrt1neAN.gif

This pleases me greatly. I hope this isn't just replacing the fading away enemies though, but is actually something enemies use to teleport away, so they can regroup and attack in greater numbers...

Pipe dream? Probably, but a man can dream. A man can dream...

That footage is B-Roll footage, so that's probably why it's missing the BGM. :)

which is cool. it must he hard to pick areas for people to play. the city is such a bad spot because it's bland. while there are awesome looking puzzle/platformer in other areas but i guess showing that first and then playing the city makes you feel sad because that's now what you expect but there's variety for sure. but i want to hear the music. tomorrow needs to hurry up

drproton

Some of the obstacles like steam coming from pipes and the platforms sliding up and down the walls and turning over reminded me directly of Crash Bandicoot.

Top Bottom