• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knighted Labour MP says Stonewall founder is intolerant of his anti-LGBT views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Newly knighted Labour MP Sir David Crausby has claimed LGBT activists criticising his voting record should be ”more tolerant".

In a new statement, the MP fiercely rebutted LGBT activists and Stonewall co-founder, Lord Michael Cashman, who criticised his appointment given his anti-LGBT voting record.

He claimed that ”Lord Cashman should be more tolerant of other people's views".
Mr Crausby used his votes to oppose the repeal of Section 28, same-sex adoption, IVF and marriage equality.

The MP for Bolton North East is one of just a handful of Labour MPs to have repeatedly rebelled against the leadership to vote against LGBT equality.

Lord Cashman, co-founder of Stonewall and the Labour Party's former LGBT envoy, protested Mr Corbyn's decision to sign off on a knighthood for Mr Crausb.

Mr Crausby told Bolton News: ”I'm very tolerant towards the LGTB community and I think Lord Cashman should be more tolerant of other people's views.

”My views are that same sex marriage is not the same as opposite sex marriage, but that is not to say that it is unequal in any way, just that its different in my opinion, I took that view at the time and I'm not ashamed of that.

”I think we should celebrate our diversity and not just try to be all the same.

”I don't think same sex marriage delivered anything different to civil partnerships, which I voted for.

”I also voted to equalize the legal age of sexual consent for homosexual couples because I think that is right."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/01/0...&utm_content=TwitterBB&utm_campaign=PNTwitter

What a cunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom