• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kobun Heat's Giant Moving Blowout Auctions - Classic System Lots!

Yes - I'm getting the hell out of Connecticut in like three weeks, and therefore I need to cut down on the ol' video game collection. So I busted my ass hauling stuff out of the attic yesterday, and I'm ready to pass that pain on to YOU. Check out what I got! It's craziness:

HUGE Atari 2600 setup with thirty-five games, controllers, and paddles! Works great, looks beautiful.

HUGE Intellivision setup with 43 (!) games, most boxed, most with instructions/overlays! Also the Intellivoice!

RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING Colecovision package with 17 Colecovision games, Expansion Modules 1 and 2, SUPER ACTION CONTROLLERS (with four Super Action games), and 10 Atari 2600 games that work with Module 1!

Nintendo Entertainment System Action Lover's Set with nine games filled to the brim with action and excitement. Metal Gear, all three Marios, Power Blade, Double Dragon, Kung Fu...

Nintendo Entertainment System Thinker's Set with adventure and puzzle games! Kirby's Adventure (!), Zelda, StarTropics, Dr. Mario, Tetris, Anticipation, Lunar Pool... (also Jaws. think about it as being for free.)

NES Final Fantasy AND Nintendo Power Guide! Everything's slightly damaged, but if you're looking for the game/instructions/guide to PLAY it, not collect it and put it away in a drawer and never use it, this is for you.

Famicom with nine games! An original (non-pirate) Family Computer complete with RF switch and AC adapter. Includes nine awesome games - so awesome you'll think I'm insane: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario USA, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (!), BPS Tetris, Thexder (Square's first Famicom game!), Square's Tom Sawyer, and Deep Dungeon 3.

Virtual Boy with five games - three are boxed Japanese games, Panic Bomber, Vertical Force, and V-Tetris. The other two games are loose US carts - Mario Tennis and Golf. Comes with the AC Adapter, everything works perfectly.

HELP ME LEAVE!

border

Nintendo Entertainment System Thinker's Set with adventure and puzzle games! Kirby's dventure (!), Zelda, StarTropics, Dr. Mario, Tetris, Anticipation, Lunar Pool... (also Jaws
I keep laughing everytime I read that.

Boy, Jaws sure was a shitty game.....

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
cybamerc said:
You'll regret selling it.

I can see maybe regretting the pre-famicom stuff, but after that, that stuff isn't very difficult to come by. Especially the famicom.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Kobun Heat said:
One day, I'm sure I'll be kicking myself, yes. Buy them now and you can sell them back to me in ten years.

I'm trying, but I keep being outbid!
Stupid other people and wanting your stuff too.

Sriram

What do you think the shipping price would be to get the virtual boy to the uk? Also what kinda price do these usually go for?

Sriram said:
What do you think the shipping price would be to get the virtual boy to the uk?
It should be something like this (these were the prices calculated for Spain, should be roughly equal):

Global Express Mail (EMS) 3 - 5 Days $34.95
Airmail Parcel Post 4 - 10 Days $30.25
Economy (Surface) Parcel Post 4 - 6 Weeks $19.35

I see you have a bunch of Atari games. Of course, I have a much cooler game for it:

s_ET_1.png

ET is da SHIZNIGHT! (Yes, I do have this game in my possesion)

Acosta

Where do you go?

(sorry, I can´t help you, the few cents I have barely saved are for Japan, I´m a poor man :( )

Chittagong

Gold Member
The thought of the childhood Christmas Days when you got this stuff, with snowflakes falling down slowly and playfully, and a giant bag of M&Ms in the sock, makes me feel sad for you having to sell it all... If it only was Christmas again already...

Chittagong said:
The thought of the childhood Christmas Days when you got this stuff, with snowflakes falling down slowly and playfully, and a giant bag of M&Ms in the sock, makes me feel sad for you having to sell it all... If it only was Christmas again already...
If Kohler was getting Famicoms with Final Fantasy III... my Santa was being lazy.

Ah, if you haven't figured it out by now... In any case, thanks for the congratulations, now back to the important topic at hand of you giving me money.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
My guess is BradyGames, as they're stationed in San Fran... I thought about applying there just weeks before having to flee California.

Edit: There goes my theory. Guess I might have to try and visit Gamespot more often or something :p

BuddyC

I almost started a thread earlier this week when I saw Kobun's name at the bottom of that GS news story (had it all typed up and everything), but I held off since it's really none of my business. Belated congrats, even if you do have to move to San Fran.

mosaic

go eat paint
I've enjoyed SF every time I've been, and you really can't ignore the plus of living within driving distance of Dave Zdyrko....

mosaic said:
I've enjoyed SF every time I've been, and you really can't ignore the plus of living within driving distance of Dave Zdyrko....

Ah, I have fond memories of many a San Francisco night spent rolling Dave back home after he collapsed from too much, uh, karaoke. ~Katamari Zdyrkocy~

HEAT! -

I remember when I got my Super Famicom ages and ages ago that I had to put the TV on either channel 94 or 96 (can't remember exactly) to get it to display video through RF. I imagine that may apply to the Famicom, too.

This place needs a trade/sell forum. And if Kobun gets to post a shill thread for his auctions I better be able to do the same. Cuz mine are gunna be monsters.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
San Francisco is a wonderful city. The cost of living raping you up the ass is part of the charm.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
When I move back to the bay area I am so going to stalk Kobun so he can sign my copy of insert coin.

;) just kidding, congats btw.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Kobun Heat said:
Thexder (Square's first Famicom game!),

I always thought Enix did Thexder... I don't remember square being on the PC packaging, but that was a while ago. Did Square just publish it in Japan, or was it developed by them as well?

RevenantKioku

Aw fuck, I forgot all about this, that Famicom ended at a price I would have been more than happy with too. =/

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Kobun Heat said:
They filled the IGN Cube job with not-me a long time ago. I came real, real close though.

Well done getting a job dude. And NOT applying to CVG (guess what Future bought from Dennis last week). You will be ten times happier in San Fran (with the Zoff boys? nice bunch if it's with them, particularly the XBN and EGM crew) than in smelly, moody, cold, ugly London.*

* Where I still live :( **

** only for another year

Top Bottom