• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami reports record-breaking profits (eFootball - who is laughing now?)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://automaton-media.com/en/news...nfirms-upcoming-releases-for-2024-and-beyond/

Konami’s sales and profits for the first quarter (April 1 to June 30, 2024) experienced an impressive year-on-year increase, reaching record-breaking highs. Sales revenue hit 90,039 million yen (up 24.0% year-on-year) with net profit for the period totaling 19.16 million yen (up 43.3% YoY). These healthy consolidated financial results were mainly thanks to the solid performance of Konami’s Digital Entertainment business (i.e. video games and the Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG). This included a continued strong performance from eFootball 2024, thanks to in-game additions and an esports tournament.

Although focusing on Japan-exclusive releases up until July this year, Konami has many global launches lined up for 2024 and beyond- including those from beloved IPs like Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill.

PaintTinJr

Give me Master League you miserable bastards!
It is effectively already in the game in all but name, where you can play full league seasons against AI - with squad carry over - for free already in the game, and have been able to for a long time.

Game is absolute amazing as an F2P for anyone really good at ISS pro/PES that don't need to spend anything, Only weakness is it just needs a fair bit of control alterations to expose the original PES engine.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Austin Powers Love GIF

GinSama

It is effectively already in the game in all but name, where you can play full league seasons against AI - with squad carry over - for free already in the game, and have been able to for a long time.

Game is absolute amazing as an F2P for anyone really good at ISS pro/PES that don't need to spend anything, Only weakness is it just needs a fair bit of control alterations to expose the original PES engine.
If you saying about My league, that's a completely different mode, that's different form master league.

We are still waiting for the really ML to come....

That’s not ML

jm89

If konami fought EA harder for the domestice league licenses they could have put up a much better fight.

They need to find an investor who gives them a shit ton of money for those licenses.

PaintTinJr

If you saying about My league, that's a completely different mode, that's different form master league.

We are still waiting for the really ML to come....
We are still waiting, and I would pay for an official master league version with full training drills, but 95% of what Master league offers for most players is covered with My league IMO. In absence of classic master league, free my league is quality IMO and I say that having finished at least 10 league seasons trying to win the league at the two top difficulty settings.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

One of the old school studios, gotta love 'em. Konami has ton of IP's that are ripe for a new generation. Konami IP's That said, I need to try that eFootball or their newer FIFA games. Their upcoming CYGNI looks pretty sweet

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I tried eFootball the other day and it isn't even bad. I'd probably prefer a normal release, but it felt good to play, better than FIFA.
eFootball has always still been better than FIFA. The issue for some was no single player content. That didn’t bother me, as I only play My Club.

My issue was that the gameplay was worse by a long distance compared to the final PES games. The fox engine was superior to their modern engine.

They have cross play with mobile so the game is constantly being ‘balanced’ (mobile players are massively favoured). They have a pattern of striking an unbelievable balance where the gameplay is very good, but then quickly patch/re-balance the next season and it ends up completely terrible again.

DAHGAMING

I just wish they would add the ability to play with real teams online like we used to, none of this dream team shit, I would be back then.

Top Bottom