• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krixeus

tumblr_om82z9x1z01w39871o1_500.gif

tumblr_om9bdr11s41r1uq0jo2_500.gif

LOL thanks! I'm sure I'll get a lot of use from this gif :p

Quixzlizx

Lalatina is a caring, responsible person. She's also a rich, hot noblewoman.

She's also a massive pervert.

So I guess I can't think of any bad points.

Being in vacation , i watched ep 8 late and YES , YES , this is why i wanted to see this arc animated.

It's glorious.
The whole town is magnificent.

I WANTED TO SEE THIS.

And this is only the start.

Darkness realising she would be abused non stop and asking kazuma to live here , was just the icing on the cake.
Ah this arc will again deliver

Rad-

Died at that soap part. And the church booth scene. And pretty much every scene that Kazuma was in. God damn what a glorious episode.

Mazre

Reactions continue to be completely on point and Aqua turning her own followers against herself is hilarious.

Edit: Oof just realized we only have one more ep don't we? Hope they decide to continue for a 3rd (and beyond) season.

Time for a witch hunt !!

PER>FECT

GLORIOUS

10/10

I've just realised but is it me or we've skipped
the adventurer eating plant
? or am i misremembering books ?

Konosuba Season 2 Episode 9
Oh my god, that was amazing. Loved how they did the witch hunt, utterly perfect and left me dying of laughter. 10/10.

Time for a witch hunt !!

PER>FECT

GLORIOUS

10/10

I've just realised but is it me or we've skipped
the adventurer eating plant
? or am i misremembering books ?

Season 3/LN5 Spoilers -
You're thinking a little too far ahead. The plant isn't until they go to Megumins Village

Episode 9

This was fantastic. So many scenes had me laughing like crazy, and whichever ones didn't make me laugh had me grinning so hard it was hard to watch the episode. The "confession" at the beginning was hilarious. Kazuma knows just how to get on Aqua's nerves.

That being said, I was down with Aqua's little speech there. Be Sure To Sign Up to the Cult of Axis to Receive Her Blessing

The scene with the head priest snickering, followed by Kazuma doing the same thing forced me to pause the episode. Poor Wiz, though. I suspect the lady and man from the mixed bath are going to come into play later. Her design is too unique. Also, the Darkness/Megumin double-team, along with Kazuma's subsequent revenge were fantastic.

I suspected Aqua was somehow going to turn her followers against her. But if they want to see if she's a witch, they should just see if she weighs the same as a duck.

All and all, fantastic episode.

Gun to head, Kazuma+Explode or Kazuma+Lalatina

I feel like having knowledge of where the light novels go has an influence for me on this question.

To be honest, it kinda feels to me like the story alternates between Kazuma/Darkness story arcs and Kazuma/Megumin story arcs from light novel to light novel. For example, this whole season has been very Kazuma/Darkness heavy, but if we get a Season 3, expect a lot more Kazuma/Megumin content to be present with the adaptation of the Volume 5 material.

Honestly though I dig both dynamics. However, with a gun to my head, I'd probably go with Kazuma and Darkness. They're a funnier matchup and compliment the best/worst in each other, even if Kazuma doesn't want to admit it.

I can't believe that next episode is the last one already

I hope they have a surprise 3rd Season announcement like they did at the end of the 1st, but it's mostly up to Kadokawa

Kvik

Kazuma's confession was masterful.

Lalatina, Megumin and Kazuma's banter in the onsen was hilarious.

Poor Wiz can't catch a break, she's fading away in 3 episodes in a row.

Aqua's soapboxing backfired as expected.

Season 3 when?

Quixzlizx

I'm imagining Eris sitting on her throne in heaven with a peaceful smile, but a throbbing vein.

ERIS PADS HER CHEST

Just watched eps 6-9. This season has been hitting it out of the park. So far it all feels like an improvement on the already great first season. I've loved every episode this season.

The second half of the season has been great. Seeing Aqua's crazy followers, and them turning on her is actually legitimately hilarious. She just can't catch a break.

About Eris, she said she makes visits to the world Kazuma's party is in... I'm wondering if she's Chris (the thief girl)? From what I remember they actually look kinda similar, she's helped Kazuma's party, and didn't Darkness' dad mention that she prayed to Eris for friends and then Chris appeared? Would make sense, and I feel like they've probably already run into her by this point since she brought it up.

Konosuba LN Vol. 1

Just finished the novel, and I have to say that it is worth your time to read, even if you've already watched the anime. It is hilarious. There are a couple scenes from the LN that didn't make it into the anime; for example, Wiz's introduction isn't cut out, and there's this one great scene soon before that where Kazuma basically rips into Aqua for being useless. The writing is also especially hilarious, so kudos to the author. He writes Kazuma as perfectly snarky, and you get a lot more of that inner snark in the novel.

If any of you are interested in picking it up, Geoff Thew (Mother's Basement) has a deal he mentions in the Konosuba S2 What's in an OP where you can get the novel for around 2$. I highly recommend it.

Ascheroth

Konosuba LN Vol. 1

Just finished the novel, and I have to say that it is worth your time to read, even if you've already watched the anime. It is hilarious. There are a couple scenes from the LN that didn't make it into the anime; for example, Wiz's introduction isn't cut out, and there's this one great scene soon before that where Kazuma basically rips into Aqua for being useless. The writing is also especially hilarious, so kudos to the author. He writes Kazuma as perfectly snarky, and you get a lot more of that inner snark in the novel.

If any of you are interested in picking it up, Geoff Thew (Mother's Basement) has a deal he mentions in the Konosuba S2 What's in an OP where you can get the novel for around 2$. I highly recommend it.
She, actually.

And yeah, it's pretty great.

She, actually.

And yeah, it's pretty great.

Really? Are you sure? I'm just wondering because the book's afterword from Natsume Akatsuki themselves is written as though it's a man.

Here's the section, my emphasis in bold, from the part where they're giving their thanks:

To Kurone Mishima for his wonderful illustrations, as well as my editor K, who had nothing but patience for an author who barely knew his right hand from his left.

Ascheroth

Really? Are you sure? I'm just wondering because the book's afterword from Natsume Akatsuki themselves is written as though it's a man.

Here's the section, my emphasis in bold, from the part where they're giving their thanks:
I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, but google doesn't give much info :/
This site lists her as female, but I'm not sure how credible it is and Natsume is mostly a female first name as far as I know, but I can't find anything super concrete.

FStubbs

I'm imagining Eris sitting on her throne in heaven with a peaceful smile, but a throbbing vein.

ERIS PADS HER CHEST

Kazuma's already on record as saying he doesn't care about that.
He also stole Eris' panties back in the first season lol

FStubbs

Just watched eps 6-9. This season has been hitting it out of the park. So far it all feels like an improvement on the already great first season. I've loved every episode this season.

The second half of the season has been great. Seeing Aqua's crazy followers, and them turning on her is actually legitimately hilarious. She just can't catch a break.

About Eris, she said she makes visits to the world Kazuma's party is in... I'm wondering if she's Chris (the thief girl)? From what I remember they actually look kinda similar, she's helped Kazuma's party, and didn't Darkness' dad mention that she prayed to Eris for friends and then Chris appeared? Would make sense, and I feel like they've probably already run into her by this point since she brought it up.

Bingo! Eris is Chris. You'll note of course that Eris DOES pad her chest after all, lol.

I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, but google doesn't give much info :/
This site lists her as female, but I'm not sure how credible it is and Natsume is mostly a female first name as far as I know, but I can't find anything super concrete.

Even though it's a translation, and mistakes sometimes occur when changing the words from one language to another, I would think getting the gender of book's author correct would be considered important when translating a work, so I'm going to assume the official materials (like the LN) are correct unless I see more proof otherwise.

The strange thing is, I also thought the same thing as you, that the author was a she, until I read the LN, so don't worry, I'm pretty sure I also read it somewhere too.

Bingo! Eris is Chris. You'll note of course that Eris DOES pad her chest after all, lol.

LOL, I just went back and watched the first time Kazuma steals her panties. You're right, it turns out Aqua isn't exaggerating about her chest padding...

Relceroi

Neo Member
Will the final episode be airing today? Crunchyroll is acting weird about it. EDIT: Nevermind, now it's suddenly up there.

Either way, wednesdays are about to become just that much less fun. I suppose in the meanwhile I'll read the LN's as they continue to be officially translated. If there will be a 3rd season, how long are we possibly going to have to wait for it to start airing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom