• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KRAFTON Strengthens Global Presence Through Strategic Integration of Tango Gameworks and Hi-Fi RUSH IP

Nonehxc

Now MS, if you feel so inclined, get rid of Arkane so Harvey Smith & co can rejoin Colantonio, Avellone and others, or the other way around, them going back to Arkane, and we can keep getting amazing immersive sims. 🙏🥹

Zones

EiYwuIZU4AAEFlD

Krafton is closing down Tango Gameworks after the disappointing sales of Hi-Fi Rush 2.

Gamers: Goddamn, fuck this greedy piece of shit industry.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Hopefully some people's unfavorable opinion of The Callisto Protocol hasn't put them off horror games and they allow Tango to make something other than Hi-Fi Rush.
Good to see Tango picked up.

But watch out Tango. Krafton will hype up your next game as AAAA.
Like Ubisoft, amirite

In case it wasn't abundantly clear that Phil Spencer is an abject buffoon, instead of trying to pitch Tango for sale from the start, MS massively devalues the studio and IP by announcing its closure and THEN sells it. I haven't seen any report of the details of the sale, but Krafton probably got them for peanuts.

Last edited:
Hopefully some people's unfavorable opinion of The Callisto Protocol hasn't put them off horror games and they allow Tango to make something other than Hi-Fi Rush.
Tbh, Calisto Protocol's polarizing gameplay mechanic was entirely on Glen Schofield and he's a one trick pony as a game designer. Krafton rarely chimed on Striking Distance development other than hyping the fuck out of their game, but then again which producer wouldnt.

Last edited:
So I take it any sale of HFR now goes to Krafton not ms. Would refund my psn copy and buy it again if I could. Shame they couldnt get the Evil Within ip too.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
EiYwuIZU4AAEFlD

Krafton is closing down Tango Gameworks after the disappointing sales of Hi-Fi Rush 2.

Gamers: Goddamn, fuck this greedy piece of shit industry.
Game has been sandbagged by gamepass and Xbox console exclusivity. If they were to make a sequel it'd probably outsell the first game even if it skipped deaf & dumbox.

Hudo

Tango doing a Callisto Protocol 2 would be interesting

Fbh

Gold Member
That's great news!.
I like that they specifically mention Hi Fi Rush a bunch, love that game and I'd love to get a sequel. It's also great that they are keeping key talent, already saw John Johanas tweeting about it which I asume means he is staying at the studio.

I hope the studio is more or less in one piece and will be able to deliver another game as entertaining as The Evil Within 2 and Hi-Fi Rush.

splattered

Maybe this is a toys for bob situation where they let go of the studio but are going to help fund development of their next title? Prob not tho

SkylineRKR

Hi Fi Rush is really good. I had a blast with it, an old school, fun action platform game.

Tango is a good studio in general, perhaps not top tier selling potential but TEW and even Ghostwire were good IP that brought something different.

Bridges

This is really incredible and surprising news, super talented team that deserved to live another day. Smart move by Krafton

I'm kinda shocked though how little buzz this is getting compared to the news of the studio shutting down

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Wasn’t there a few month time gap between when Tango was closed and when Krafton purchased them? This inevitably means some of the original Tango staff will have moved elsewhere - who knows if the studio will ever be the same.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Krafton shared some details with investors on its acquisition of Tango Gameworks! via
@stephentotilo

- Deal was effective August 1st
- With the studio closed, Krafton did an "acqui-hire" (Acquisition with the primary focus of getting talent)
- "We wanted to inherit the entire development team"

Top Bottom