• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks has been acquired by Krafton Inc. (PUBG), as well as Hi-Fi Rush IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

Moses85

So the TWE and GW IPs will never see the light of day again..

Like: Conker, Kameo, Sabre Wulf, Banjo and many more.

Darsxx82

Great news for the studio and gamers! Microsoft you freaking

Season 7 Fx GIF
Krafton. The South Korean publisher announced on August 12 that it has taken over Tango Gameworks and welcomed its employees with the cooperation of Microsoft and ZeniMax Media. Krafton also has plans for the Hi-Fi Rush IP, which it has acquired rights to.
The fact is that it has been MS and Bethesda that have participated and agreed to the agreement. You can say that MS is stupid for leaving a Studio with a lot of potential (but no commercial success of its games), but at least it is always leaving the option that those Studios can continue to exist as independent or be acquired. Then, I highly doubt that in this collaboration and transfer/sale of HiFi's IP there is no obligation to launch Hifi game on Xbox platforms.

In the end it seems to me that this has been the best solution for the interests of all parties. Tango would surely be very advanced in the development of HiFi 2 and therefore the need to maintain the IP for the viability of the agreement.

My only doubts are Krafton. We have already seen how they reacts to commercial game failures recently.

PaintTinJr

Good, these Tango didn't deserved to get shutdown especially after releasing successful game.
True, but given the order of announcements I suspect most of the core programming talent already left and got secure employment before or just after the initial shutdown announcement came, meaning that it might just be Tango works in name - which could be fine - so long as the setup to make a sequel is largely possible with just artists and tooling, with minimal input required from any possible core talent that already found positions elsewhere.

Is this good or bad? I mean it’s definitely good that Tango will stay in business and hopefully they’ll be under good supervision, but the PUBG developers? I’m assuming they have a solid track record?

Three

Now, I will say it again. Please make hi fi rush 2 and a netflix series around the characters.
I would say it's promising because they specifically acquired that IP with the studio. It suggests that's what the studio plans to continue to work on.

Xdrive05

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom